*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

4 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

McDermot should be on the hot seat. The defensive calls at the end of regulation and overtime were horrendous. It’d be one thing if it was one game but the guy has shown he can’t win the big playoff game. 

I literally told my wife, they are going to run a 20 yard pass play to Kelsey up the middle.  If I know it's coming, how can they not be looking for it.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

But the Number One Defense jsut got beat like rented farm animals by a dead serious passing attack. Do you understand what you just saw? 

We need to build an offense that can compete with these guys.  that should be the focus.  

Sure, we need Zach to get close to that level of QB play (which is a huge gap right now)  but even if he does it still won't be enough - as our skill players are so far behind these guys,  we have a long way to go there too...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I understand that the Jets defense was already historically sh*t and isn’t going to get much better by filling it out with a bunch of Jamien Sherwood’s and Jason Pinnock’s in the mid-late rounds.

Take one of those 2nd rounders and trade it for Amari Cooper, bring in a decent TE in FA, re-sign LDT and then attack the living hell out of the defensive side of the ball in the draft.

If there's an edge rusher, fine. Anything else, you're kidding yourself. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Defences of both teams were gassed. You would have got good odds on the Bills scoring a TD in overtime had the coin flipped in their favour. More I think about it, the more I feel as though McDermott missed a trick when he allowed the kicker to boot the ball through the end zone after Davis' fourth touchdown put them in front, as noted above. Time was his enemy. 13 seconds and two or three timeouts in Kansas City's sky rocket was more than ample for Mahomes to get the Chiefs into a position to tie the game.

Even if they fair catch it, runs some time. And even more if the KR tries to make a move. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

If there's an edge rusher, fine. Anything else, you're kidding yourself. 

Yup , every single pick at this point should be used on edge or offense …the thought of wasting draft picks on linebackers or secondary at this point is archaic. Fill those spots with UDFA or in feee agency . 

• Upvote 3

You know what else was amazing. - no penalties other then the 1 PI where the Bills wr caught the ball anyway. If this were a Pats game the Hill td would have been called back for some bs penalty. Or with the last 13 seconds there would have been a holding penalty called on the oline. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's like Scott Norwood all over again.

5ef13410459ab.image.jpg?resize=1024,982

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/237832-postgame-thread-dammit/page/4/

Bills fans are ABSOLUTELY gutted right now.  I legitimately feel bad for them. I know they’re in our division and Josh Allen may be the new Tom Brady for 20 years but holy sh*t- 

“13 seconds” will go down in history with “wide right”

• Sympathy 1

Just now, nycdan said:

It's like Scott Norwood all over again.

5ef13410459ab.image.jpg?resize=1024,982

I’m sure it’s more painful to lose the SB, but this game was a much bigger chokejob. That game came down to one kick, but in this game, the Bills allowed the chiefs to get into FG range with 13 seconds left and only one TO. Total joke. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So what?

In the context of what the game is now, this was about as good as it gets.

In other words, this 2022 game full of offense was even better than the age-old games defined by great defense. Regardless of offense/defense, it feature some of the most exciting, balls-out, and gutsy things we've seen in a playoff game.

I hear you.  It was entertaining.  Probably as good as today's NFL gets.  But defense used to be a huge part of the game and it's kind of a shame that it no longer is.  But I guess offense is good for TV ratings or something.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Defences of both teams were gassed. You would have got good odds on the Bills scoring a TD in overtime had the coin flipped in their favour. More I think about it, the more I feel as though McDermott missed a trick when he allowed the kicker to boot the ball through the end zone after Davis' fourth touchdown put them in front, as noted above. Time was his enemy. 13 seconds and two or three timeouts in Kansas City's sky rocket was more than ample for Mahomes to get the Chiefs into a position to tie the game.

I thought the KC second to last TD; the player should have taken a knee at the one. Left way too much time on the clock and no one was stopping either team on defense. That's why I am not a coach!!!! ?

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

brady and the bills both losing. amazing day here. with that said, the jets are sooooo far away from competing with the 2 teams that just played. Like holy crap we are so far away, scary thought. 

I guess the silver lining is Bengals fans thought the same thing two years ago. Wilson needs to step up. And Douglas needs to draft/sign a stud receiver and tight end.

• Upvote 1

Just now, David Harris said:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/237832-postgame-thread-dammit/page/4/

Bills fans are ABSOLUTELY gutted right now.  I legitimately feel bad for them. I know they’re in our division and Josh Allen may be the new Tom Brady for 20 years but holy sh*t- 

“13 seconds” will go down in history with “wide right”

I can't stand the Dolphins or the Pats.  I kind of feel bad for Bills fans though.  Of course, if they won a SB, I'd immediately start thinking they're intolerable too - lol.  There's no "new Tom Brady" btw.  He's been in the league for like 21 years and been to 10 SBs and won 7.  How in the world is another QB going to match that?!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you.  It was entertaining.  Probably as good as today's NFL gets.  But defense used to be a huge part of the game and it's kind of a shame that it no longer is.  But I guess offense is good for TV ratings or something.

It's Arena/College ball, but it is fun to watch. 80-90's had some really good football teams that were well rounded. Eh, it's a different game now. 

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You watch these games and came away that we should draft defense? Good lawd. Offense won the game. All day long. 

If you think that the Jets are walking away from this draft class (arguably the worst in almost a decade, especially on the offensive side of the ball) with a Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce…well, more power to you.

And yes, I realize that none of those dudes were 1st round picks. But do I expect the Jets to unearth such talent in the mid-late rounds? LOL…based on what, exactly?

I’d sign on the dotted damn line right now for Connor Williams and a decent TE like Howard or Njoku in FA, Karlaftis and Hamilton in the 1st, a trade for Cooper with #35 and then taking a Smith, Harris or Muma to pair with Mosley at #38. And then have a minimum of 5 picks left over to use as Douglas sees fit.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't stand the Dolphins or the Pats.  I kind of feel bad for Bills fans though.  Of course, if they won a SB, I'd immediately start thinking they're intolerable too - lol.  There's no "new Tom Brady" btw.  He's been in the league for like 21 years and been to 10 SBs and won 7.  How in the world is another QB going to match that?!

Don’t see any QB matching Brady’s postseason success, but Allen is so so talented.

If he stays healthy, the Bills will be in the mix for a long time 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

While these CBS guys know a million times more about football than I do this wasn’t an all time great game. It was more terrible defense and bad schemes than it was great quarterbacking. You expect the best teams in the league to play good all around football. The reason I know what I’m talking about, I’ve been watching bad football for years with the Jets. 

It was super exciting..It really was fun to watch - from that perspective it was great.

But yes, it did seem like down the stretch guys were simply wide open far too often.  Now they make some real nice throws and plays too.  I don't want to take anything away from those them - but I do get your point.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If you think that the Jets are walking away from this draft class (arguably the worst in almost a decade, especially on the offensive side of the ball) with a Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce…well, more power to you.

And yes, I realize that none of those dudes were 1st round picks. But do I expect the Jets to unearth such talent in the mid-late rounds? LOL…based on what, exactly?

I’d sign on the dotted damn line right now for Connor Williams and a decent TE like Howard or Njoku in FA, Karlaftis and Hamilton in the 1st, a trade for Cooper with #35 and then taking a Smith, Harris or Muma to pair with Mosley at #38. And then have a minimum of 5 picks left over to use as Douglas sees fit.

Seriously???  Diggs and Hill were drafted in the 5th round and Kelce in the third.  This self hating Jets fan syndrome is absurd.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1