*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Not sure what Bills fans are going to do this offseason. Daboll has to get a head coaching job, his offense was perfect. Allen was beyond perfect, they have the # 1 and lost.

That is so tough. Damn.

Exactly. You have Allen and the “#1 defense” and you lose 42-36, in one of the biggest choke jobs I’ve ever seen by a defense 

• Upvote 1

Defences of both teams were gassed. You would have got good odds on the Bills scoring a TD in overtime had the coin flipped in their favour. More I think about it, the more I feel as though McDermott missed a trick when he allowed the kicker to boot the ball through the end zone after Davis' fourth touchdown put them in front, as noted above. Time was his enemy. 13 seconds and two or three timeouts in Kansas City's sky rocket was more than ample for Mahomes to get the Chiefs into a position to tie the game.

i think i heard romo babbling on that also.

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How do you kick the ball in the end zone with 13 seconds left?  Pooch it and Mahomes only has one play.  

A fair catch or no attempt to return doesn’t take any time off the clock. The chief’s are too well coached to assume they world catch it and run

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

brady and the bills both losing. amazing day here. with that said, the jets are sooooo far away from competing with the 2 teams that just played. Like holy crap we are so far away, scary thought. 

Nah, it was a unique day. It's not like they play this way every game. We do need to learn the lesson that you cannot have too many playmakers and you need several elite ones.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, we were saying this in real time 

McDermott deserves a lot of grief for that 

I had to leave the thread to enjoy the game. It gets old when every other post is "why didn't we draft this guy or that guy" and "we're screwed".  When you get to this weekend, it's not about the Jets if the Jets aren't playing. For Jets fans, could today have gone any better?  Brady loses and Bills lose.  For years we have been watching Brady in the SB and when he lost, it was to the Giants.  This is a breath of fresh air.  I don't know who to root against now......  The Jets just need to keep building. Who saw this with the Bills 3 years ago?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly. You have Allen and the “#1 defense” and you lose 42-36, in one of the biggest choke jobs I’ve ever seen by a defense 

And you feel good about your head coach, oh except he could have won the game by kicking off to the 1 or squibbing it. Eat some time off the clock.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Nixhead said:

If the Chiefs didn't lose Mathieu for the whole game they would of easily won this game! Obviously injuries are part of the game but they had no time to prepare for his absence and the Bills took advantage. 

It was absolutely a huge factor.  And the kicker had his worst game of the year. 

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

If the Chiefs didn't lose Mathieu for the whole game they would of easily won this game! Obviously injuries are part of the game but they had no time to prepare for his absence and the Bills took advantage. 

Maybe, but KC had the 27th ranked defense in the league this year. They weren't stopping Allen, IMO

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe, but KC had the 27th ranked defense in the league this year. They weren't stopping Allen, IMO

Both defenses got tired.  I said to my brother that the biggest play of the game is the OT coin toss.  Three years ago, KC lost the toss and lost a similar game to the Pats.  Whoever won the coin toss was winning this game.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

And both KCs and Buffalo's defense played well down the stretch and neither team is playing today if that doesn't happen.  Each game is different.  You can't outscore everybody and starting in the middle of the season, KC had to adjust and run the ball and play defense to win some games. Those wins led to today.  You have to be in it to win it.  There are weeks when the offense doesn't click and you need to rely on the defense.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

And on the flipslide Bills played w/o Tredavius White. 

Such a glorious choke job.  I'm in Bills country and these a holes that bust my chops in my zoom meetings at work are in for it.  I may wear a party hat and blast the bills make me wanna shout.

Brady and the Biills with gut wrenching losses in 1 day!  HELL YEAH!

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hill is a POS. I don’t like Mahomes or his brother. Don’t like Andy Reid. Plus they won it recently so I’d rather see someone else win. 

More than anything, I agree with this.  The rest of the complaints pale in comparison.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tyreek-hill-domestic-violence-child-abuse-investigation/neqfn40200lt16ik2142ay772

• Sympathy 1

My personal thought on game strategy.

Tyreek Hill should have laid down on the 1 yard line instead of scoring.  KC could have burned off time before punching it in.  Absolute worst case, they could have tied it with a FG.

Same for BUF.  You would think <20 seconds is safe, but not with Mahomes.  I get that in the heat of the moment players are looking to score, but I bet the analytics says that not scoring is the better strategy.

• Sympathy 1