*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

50 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the Jets path to relevance is the Niners build much more than chasing these two teams.  

True. Because finding the next Allen or Mahomes feels impossible. They are unicorns. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

My personal thought on game strategy.

Tyreek Hill should have laid down on the 1 yard line instead of scoring.  KC could have burned off time before punching it in.  Absolute worst case, they could have tied it with a FG.

Same for BUF.  You would think <20 seconds is safe, but not with Mahomes.  I get that in the heat of the moment players are looking to score, but I bet the analytics says that not scoring is the better strategy.

Ahmad Bradshaw knew that

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Not to be completely forgotten in all of this is that BUF traded KC the pick they used to draft Mahomes.

Ouch.

Feels like a mutually beneficial trade. The Bills traded back and got Tre’Davious White and then drafted Allen the next year. 

16 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Feels like a mutually beneficial trade. The Bills traded back and got Tre’Davious White and then drafted Allen the next year. 

I'm sure that's a great comfort to the Bills fans right about now :)

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm sure that's a great comfort to the Bills fans right about now :)

I doubt there is a single Bills fan that would trade Allen for Mahomes. And I don’t blame them. 

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Did you read all of what you just quoted?

Yes. I don't buy that the Jets/Douglas can't nail a draft just because past GMs didn't.  The Jets' drafts of the past are completely irrelevant to the 2022 draft.  I don't want to play the "50 years " thing.  I believe a team can turn it around at any time.  I've seen it over and over.  Without hope, what's the point?  If you honestly believe the Jets can't ever build a team and compete, you should stop being a fan. Seriously.  Unless you are one of those warped people on this board who get enjoyment solely by pointing out the Jets mistakes and "being right."  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

And somehow there will still be more fans of the visiting team. 

Crazy. 

The Los Angeles Rams want to ensure that next Sunday's NFC Championship Game is indeed a home-field advantage. The Rams will play host to the 49ers in a rematch of San Francisco's 27-24 overtime win in Week 18 in front of a SoFi Stadium crowd that included plenty of 49ers fans. 

Through Ticketmaster, the Rams informed ticket seekers that public sales for the NFC Championship Game will be restricted to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region, viaThe Mercury News. Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Crazy. 

The Los Angeles Rams want to ensure that next Sunday's NFC Championship Game is indeed a home-field advantage. The Rams will play host to the 49ers in a rematch of San Francisco's 27-24 overtime win in Week 18 in front of a SoFi Stadium crowd that included plenty of 49ers fans. 

Through Ticketmaster, the Rams informed ticket seekers that public sales for the NFC Championship Game will be restricted to residents of the Greater Los Angeles region, viaThe Mercury News. Residency will be based on credit card billing address at checkout. 

It's almost surprising to me that that's legal.  Actually, I wonder if it is.

Curious why the KC hate, is it because of jets/chiefs mini rivalry back in the 60's?
For me its because i find myself wanting to punch maholmes' prancing cocky face.

I achknowledge his awesomeness... its just in illogical innate phyical response.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Crazy. 

Plot twist: Niners fans get smart and pay off encampment and RV people for tickets. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Crazy. 

This is a great move. The ridiculously large number of visiting fans at home NFL games is ruining the in game experience.   A true fan wants to sit in a stadium full of like-minded fans pulling for the home team.  I've been going to games for over 40 years and the increasing number of visiting fans at games takes away from the enjoyment.  Who needs that?  I wish the Jets would do that.  Or go back to paper tickets. Or make reselling tickets illegal.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still can't believe Tampa tied that game earlier, btw.  I know enough to never count out TB12 but that was still insane.

Brady was about reason 10 for the Bucs comeback.  Reasons 1-9 all had to do with mistakes by the Rams (4 fumbles, missed FG, loose coverage, poor play calling, etc). The only play Brady made was the pass to Evans and Ramsey should have had deep help that late in the game.  Brady was along for the ride. He wasn't driving the comeback bus.  

• Upvote 4

Oh one more thing of note in this game.  KC did not stupidly waste their time outs earlier in the game so they had them when they needed them.  One thing the jets have been notoriously awful at over the years, get to the end of the game and we have one or zero timeouts because we have used them due to some defensive confusion.

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Crazy. 

angry signs GIF by South Park

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's almost surprising to me that that's legal.  Actually, I wonder if it is.

IMO I'd be fine if they implemented that for all games.

Its just that Teams/Owners know in todays world they are not going to sell out early/mid season games especially in places like LA, Mia or when teams are bad like our beloved Jets.  So due to this greed I say either legislate it for all games or don't allow "caring" owners to implement it for the playoffs when more eyes are watching on National Tv.