How good is Bill Belichick….really?

BB as a HC?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Purely as a Head Coach, how would you rate Bill Belichick?

• Best HC in NFL history
    • One of the all-time greats, a Top 3 guy like Lombardi, etc.
    • Excellent, but not much better than some current contemporaries like Andy Reid, Tomlin, John Harbaugh
    • Very good, but overrated
    • Good
    • Average as his record without Brady seems to indicate
    • Below average (a lot more smoke than fire)
    • Bad

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

misrepresentative (stats pre NE days), and we all know it. If anyone can attest to his tenure, its us Jets fans. Everything from game clock management, scheming, managing team, cosnsistency, lack of mental mistakes, etc...  In today's NFL, he is without an equal. 

• Upvote 1

i hesitate to select him as the best of all time because he had his success with brady at qb.  he had the patsies playing very well with jones but they really got beat badly by buffalo.  another problem is he's only coaching in his era.  i guess the same can be said of most coaches but guys like landry, shula, dan reeves all coached with an evolving nfl and were successful.  and then there are guys like gibbs and reid who have had good success with more than one team.  my gaging of the bellichiken is whether or not i'd want him as jets coach over any of them since 2000 and the answer has always been yes.