If you can't land Linderbaum

AFJF

Don't hesitate to take Alec Lindstrom out of BC later in the draft.  Not getting enough love IMO.  In fact, watching that BC OL with Lindstrom, Zion and Vrabel is fun.  Petrula could be an UDFA type as well.  Those guys give that trash QB all day to throw and push guys around in the run game.  

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Lindstrom is definitely who I'd be looking at in round 3. Love linderbaum but top 10 may not be the right spot for us to take a Center.

Exactly my thinking.  Linderbaum that early feels like a luxury pick when you have a defense that gave up 500 points last season.  Need edge, OT or CB with those top two picks.  Of course that all changes if you trade down from 10 to the 17-20 range and add an early second rounder.  Then Linderbaum with the mid 1st and the additional second on edge/CB/OT is fine.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Don't hesitate to take Alec Lindstrom out of BC later in the draft.  Not getting enough love IMO.  In fact, watching that BC OL with Lindstrom, Zion and Vrabel is fun.  Petrula could be an UDFA type as well.  Those guys give that trash QB all day to throw and push guys around in the run game.  

I've taken him in almost every mock I've done.  But it varies where he's available.  In some places he's still on the board in the 4th or 5th.

The only concern for me is his size.  He's about 10-20 lbs lighter than you want.  The tradeoff though is that he's built for the zone blocking scheme and has good movement.  I just worry about him having to play 3 hours of football at 285-290 lbs. against some DLs in this league sporting 340 lb Nose Tackles.

The problem with both is they don't project to play any other position on the line competently, and are not ideal size. We are contractually obligated to our center and he is playing fairly well. We are better off looking at a an OT or a guard. If we had to at 22-38 I would take Linderbaum. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.