Josh Allen should be MVP

LAD_Brooklyn

10 minutes ago, extmenace said:

JA looked pretty bad in year 1 and 2. 52% and 58% completion percentages....then in year 3, he boomed. Wilson and JA had pretty similar rookie seasons. With that being said, the bills put a team around him that could support him / prop him up as he struggled / developed. The bills could keep games close and take the pressure off JA which enabled the bills to keep JA's confidence in tact. The jets couldn't do that with Darnold. The jets need to do the same with Wilson or his confidence will be destroyed by the time he is ready to reach his potential.

Allen also has unparalleled skill set and and the list of QBs who’ve made the leap he has only has his name on it.

Any comparison to Zach Wilson is silly.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Allen also has unparalleled skill set and and the list of QBs who’ve made the leap he has only has his name on it.

You see his throws for TDs at the end?  Absolute lasers.  I think he even has a better gun than Elway.

But what really stood out is the way Josh Allen is now seeing the field.  Plus, how is a guy with that size so nimble on scrambles?  Gotta be like trying to tackle a moose.

10 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

There have been plenty of superbowls won by QBs who aren't 6'4" and can throw a mile while running people over. Zach doesn't need to be mahomes or Allen. Football is the ultimate team game, zach just needs to be a positive contributing cog. Let's start there.

Not anymore.

That was the past.

The 70’s, 80’s and 90’s are gone.

Its a different league now.

Just now, Facts said:

The Bills coaching staff owe Josh Allen an apology.

That was one of the greatest postseason performances by a QB in NFL history and he’s going home.

Peter King wrote in his column today that Allen had 16 drives in the playoffs and 12 ended in TD’s. Wtf!? 

I'm still shocked Frazier and that unit didn't know Kelce and Hill were on the Chiefs' squad.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm still shocked Frazier and that unit didn't know Kelce and Hill were on the Chiefs' squad.

Insane. 13 seconds left and you don’t bother to even jam Kelce? They deserve the L for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You see his throws for TDs at the end?  Absolute lasers.  I think he even has a better gun than Elway.

But what really stood out is the way Josh Allen is now seeing the field.  Plus, how is a guy with that size so nimble on scrambles?  Gotta be like trying to tackle a moose.

Like I said you can't teach 6'5 230lbs at the QB position. ZW is not JA, but he's got a gun as he's already proved, now he just needs to get his head cleared of the cobwebs... He started to clear them out in the last 5 games. He will need more help, and won't carry this team the way JA might be able to, but I can see him having the same type of command once we continue to grown the talent on the offensive side of the ball.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I wasn't comparing their skill sets....I was comparing their rookie seasons. If you judged JA after his rookie season, it would have been very difficult for anyone to say he would eventually develop into a top 5-6 QB in the NFL. I'm not saying ZW will develop into an elite QB but making conclusions about any rookie QB, especially a QB in the position ZW was in, this early into the process is premature. Because of the burrows, mahomes, and herberts, people have unrealistic expectations that any and all highly drafted QB's should be able to walk onto a football field and be good from the first snap. Its not how it normally goes.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I love Allen and am so glad we got him but right now we're just another team whose season has finished. Bah!

I'm sure everyone on this board would in hindsight, trade you JA for Darnold in a heartbeat lol...

40 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Is that easier or harder than tackling a cow on roller-skates? Asking for an ex-Jet QB ...

:D  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I wasn't comparing their skill sets....I was comparing their rookie seasons. If you judged JA after his rookie season, it would have been very difficult for anyone to say he would eventually develop into a top 5-6 QB in the NFL. I'm not saying ZW will develop into an elite QB but making conclusions about any rookie QB, especially a QB in the position ZW was in, this early into the process is premature. Because of the burrows, mahomes, and herberts, people have unrealistic expectations that any and all highly drafted QB's should be able to walk onto a football field and be good from the first snap. Its not how it normally goes.  

Fact is, Zach is going to be the uncontested starter next year.  So, he'll get at least another year to grow and develop.  But, while the Burrows, Mahomes, and Herberts are rare, I think they are becoming less and less rare as rule changes and college offenses have made the need for longer term development less glaring.  Also Mac Jones, who I'm not high on, came in and played a high level (I think he is who he is already, and the problems are physical ability from here).  In fact, it seems like more and more young QBs are "getting it" early on.  Those that don't, generally don't get it later, at least not in more recent history.  Allen is the rare, extreme exception/outlier.  Truth is, there isn't a lot of precedent for someone having as bad a rookie campaign as Wilson, and later becoming good.  We can certainly hope that changes.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Im sure you were saying this after Allen year 1🙄

Allen finished his rookie season off highly productive yet not in a conventional way. I remember him accumulating the most fantasy points from week 11 to 16. That was thanks to him using him legs as he nearly finished with four 100 yard games rushing (99, 135, 101, 95 rushing yards). During that time his passing was progressing from disastrous to below average  to average performance.

55 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Im sure you were saying this after Allen year 1🙄

Dolphins fans say this same nonsense with Tua.  Lets not be them. Yeah, every player can get better. But not everyone has Allen’s upside. You can’t teach 6’5 240 pounds that can run fast, juke cornerbacks out of their jockstrap and the very next play throw a 70 yard TD. That’s not something that’s taught between year 1 and year 3.

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

Dolphins fans say this same nonsense with Tua.  Lets not be them. Yeah, every player can get better. But not everyone has Allen’s upside. You can’t teach 6’5 240 pounds that can run fast, juke cornerbacks out of their jockstrap and the very next play throw a 70 yard TD. That’s not something that’s taught between year 1 and year 3.

Sure, but what Allen improved on between years 1 and 3 wasn't any of that stuff, it was his accuracy and decision-making. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I love Allen and am so glad we got him but right now we're just another team whose season has finished. Bah!

I have no idea what that feels like because our seasons have been pretty much over before they start. Other than  maybe Squibb kicking that last regular time kick off you guys did enough to win. Mahomes is just silly sauce. 

• Upvote 1