Staring Into the Abyss

DoubleDecker

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So this is what we’re doing? 

Woe is me? 

I think it’s time for bed.

Gnite gents. 

No woe is me in sight, might have misinterpreted my post.  I'm telling JD to right this ******* ship and fast!  We don't have time to keep playing around.  Yes build through the draft, but we need multiple impact players this off-season, no excuses!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, yvj said:

Is it that much worse than the Brady Beli combo we had to watch for 20 years? And a step behind them along the way you had to worry about the Colts, Steelers and Ravens every year. Football is tough, JD shouldn't panic and make stupid mistakes. Build the team so it can be a contender for years.

Asking for multiple impact players when you have 2 top 10 picks, 4 inside the top 40,  and quite possibly top 3 in cap space, I don't believe is asking Joe to panic.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Don't forget that Watson might be back next year too.

1.  Zach Wilson

2.  Mahomes

3.  Allen

4.  Burrow

5.  Herbert

6.  Watson 

We're good... 

And maybe Aaron Rodgers will move to an AFC team.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

lol wat?

Allen was every bit his equal tonight. He lost because his coach didn’t Ask Madden on the kickoff.

Correct. 

Also, "the best" doesn't win every year. These are one game playoffs. The idea is to have a team that is good enough to get to these games so that you have a chance. If you do that for enough years, you hope that eventually the ball breaks your way and you win it all

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Asking for multiple impact players when you have 2 top 10 picks, 4 inside the top 40,  and quite possibly top 3 in cap space, I don't believe is asking Joe to panic.

If he is deciding on things based on what he saw today that would mean he panicked. But hey if it turns out the Jets team we saw this year is only one off-season away from being a Chiefs type of SB contender than JD is a first ballot hall of famer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDecker said:

If JD is watching this game, he's staring directly into the abyss if he doesn't hit this offseason.  Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Herbert, and Mahomes are going NOWHERE soon.  Time to put up or shut up! If the Jets fail this go round, barring catastrophic injuries, the Jets are going to wallow in the basement of the AFC for at least a decade.

It's been 36 years for me.  What's another decade or two?

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Don't forget that Watson might be back next year too.

1.  Zach Wilson

2.  Mahomes

3.  Allen

4.  Burrow

5.  Herbert

6.  Jackson

7.  Watson 

We're good... 

Don’t count KC out next season.  

Mahomes is a poor man’s Zach Wilson.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDecker said:

Another decade that you can spend reminiscing about a recent  Jets Super Bowl!

Jets and Super Bowl together? C'mon now...stay off the drugs.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

After watching a weekend of playoff football, it's hard to see Zach Wilson on that level anytime soon.

But I guess we'll just have to help he can.

Bills fans probably felt the same after Allen's rookie season. Keep building, keep developing, you never know.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

If JD is watching this game, he's staring directly into the abyss if he doesn't hit this offseason.  Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Herbert, and Mahomes are going NOWHERE soon.  Time to put up or shut up! If the Jets fail this go round, barring catastrophic injuries, the Jets are going to wallow in the basement of the AFC for at least a decade.

And injuries seem like a given anymore with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

This is why Fields, Lawrence, Lance, Wilson went before QBs like Mac and Mills. You can see the top 4 QBs taken last draft reaching that level to compete with Allen / Mahomes, Mac Jones and Davis Mills? Not so much 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Bills fans probably felt the same after Allen's rookie season. Keep building, keep developing, you never know.

This

i personally believe this is the regime that  will  finally turn around the Jets. One thing about football you can never get too caught up with who’s on top at any given moment because players will get hurt, key players get disgruntled, etc. 

We see it every year

I really personally love what the future holds for the NYJ 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This

i personally believe this is the regime that  will  finally turn around the Jets. One thing about football you can never get too caught up with who’s on top at any given moment because players will get hurt, key players get disgruntled, etc. 

We see it every year

I really personally love what the future holds for the NYJ 

You can't control what other teams do, nor can you let it affect how you build / prepare your own team.

Stick to the plan, put the best team on the field that you can, with the best coaches you can get, and take it from there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

After watching a weekend of playoff football, it's hard to see Zach Wilson on that level anytime soon.

But I guess we'll just have to help he can.

I’m sure bills fans thought that way after Allen’s 10 td, 12 pick, 2k yard rookie season.

Hopefully Zach takes the steps forward he took at the end of the year and has a nice second year jump.

• Upvote 2