What’s Joe Douglas thinking after watching that KC Buffalo game?

Rhg1084

I’m sorry but that was the absolute worst football I’ve watched in a longtime. Entertaining yes to a point, but during both games it became laughable.

The Rams did their best keystone cop episode and the second game was so ridiculous that people were spitting out their beers laughing. Those receivers were 5-10 yards open. 4 TDs essentially uncontested in essentially 2 minutes of football. 

if that’s the new NFL it will get old quickly. I think if JD learned anything from today is you get a D that punches you in the mouth and doesn’t let you get back up. 

can anyone honestly say that there was one contested pass in the 4th quarter?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Zach Wilson better be good. The afc is loaded with young incredible QBs. If Watson comes back. Wow. Not to mention if Rodgers finds his way to Vegas or Denver. Jeez. 

Joe Douglas walks into Woody Johnson's office tomorrow:  "Listen Woody, it's all about the 2031 season now.  That's what we're planning for."

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Zach Wilson better be good. The afc is loaded with young incredible QBs. If Watson comes back. Wow. Not to mention if Rodgers finds his way to Vegas or Denver. Jeez. 

The one thing I'll say is that for a brief period the Jets found a way to hang (and even win) in a very competitive AFC.  It didn't last long but it certainly wasn't just a one game or one season fluke.  Rex and Sanchez got to two AFC Championship games (and should have won vs. Pitt IMO).  That was a decade ago when every one of Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, were in their primes.  So, it can be done.... but we are a LONG way from that and there's no quick fix or bandaid that gets the Jets back there.  It sucks, but the Jets have to continue this rebuild with Draft picks and smart FA signings while at the same time figuring out if they have the right HC and the right QB.  Of the last two, the Jets better have gotten AT LEAST one of those decisions right.

• Upvote 4