What’s Joe Douglas thinking after watching that KC Buffalo game?

Rhg1084

8 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

And some here want to say they were Gase picks and let JD wash his hands of any accountability.

What part of those 2 picks lead you to believe they were Douglas and not Gase? Not one RB on our roster looks or plays like Perine since Gase left. The Morgan pick you could argue he gave Douglas shades of Flacco but Gase tried to make Sam play like Manning and Cutler without using his legs. IMO those were absolutely Gase picks, that's okay in my book, you gotta draft for your HC otherwise there is no relationship.

Joe Douglas

100% of drafts with Gase = Bust

100% of drafts without Gase = best draft class in NFL

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That is a reasonable take so far.  This would likely mean beefing up the OL and pass rush in round 1 and taking wr/te in rounds 2 and 3.

I'm not sold on OL if they bring Tardif back and move Becton to RT. ( And yes I don't believe they are going to cut bail on Becton)  go draft Oline in the latter rounds

Center can be had in FA. What I want from JD in the Draft (in no particular order)

Edge - Match him with a healthy Lawson, 

Big WR - Go find me a Julio Jones or Chase

LB or CB

TE

joe picked morgan who never was going to play here and ignored a need at wr and the bills took g davis 3 picks later which worked out well for them not so much for us and for those that say it is easy to say now a good amount of people questioned that move draft and and after it and 90% knew Morgan was a terrible pick like hackenberg only difference was Hack was earlier so more terrible

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Question - Do the Jets have one single starter anywhere near the zip code of those guys above?  I'm just wondering if Elijah Moore (arguably the Jets only hopeful future weapon) would even be a WR2 on a couple of those teams.

Yes because those QB’s would make him better.

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

I'm not sold on OL if they bring Tardif back and move Becton to RT. ( And yes I don't believe they are going to cut bail on Becton)  go draft Oline in the latter rounds

Center can be had in FA. What I want from JD in the Draft (in no particular order)

Edge - Match him with a healthy Lawson, 

Big WR - Go find me a Julio Jones or Chase

LB or CB

TE

The Jets have a Center, Ja'Marr Chase isn't particularly big.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas is thinking that 2022 and 2023 will also be redshirt seasons. 

The media isn’t going to let that happen. 

If the Jets are a bottom feeder next season, they will turn on him by Midseason.

You are already hearing the rumblings. The pressure is already on for next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I'm going to regret this, but on what planet does Zach Wilson have the physical talent of Mahomes and Allen?

Is he as big and tall? No

Does he have the arm strength of Mahomes/ Allen? No but he’s right there at the next level under them

Zach speed not elite but is > Mahomes and Allen 

So yes his talent level is right there with Mahomes and Allen. As my original post said 

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Is he as big and tall? No

Does he have the arm strength of Mahomes/ Allen? No but he’s right there at the next level under them

Zach speed not elite but is > Mahomes and Allen 

So yes his talent level is right there with Mahomes and Allen. As my original post said 

By these guidelines, I can make an argument that half the QBs in the league have the physical tools of Allen and Mahomes.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

By these guidelines, I can make an argument that half the QBs in the league have the physical tools of Allen and Mahomes.

Physically tools = arm strength, run speed, size, weight / height. I compared those things to Mahomes and Allen. These are physical tools.

And yes the majority of the league is the athletic type of QB but no half the league don’t  possess cannon arms and the ability to escape the pocket and kill you running or throwing on the run.

Zach Wilson can do those things that’s why I said athletically he’s near Mahomes and Allen.

What is to hard to understand?