Where does this Bills playoff loss rank in terms of all-time Brutality?

slimjasi

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are magic  

Allowing the chiefs to get into FG range (just inside of 50 yards, no less!) in 13 seconds is completely inexcusable. If they just squib kick it, a few more seconds run off the clock and they very likely win.They blew the game, IMO. 

fair point but if they squib kick it, they run the risk of it not going very far or picked up and run back,  giving the Chiefs less distance to travel to kick the field goal.  Tough call to be honest but I see your point

• Upvote 1

Worse playoff loss ever for me for brutality was not actually an NFL loss it was a CFL loss.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders lost to Montreal in the Grey Cup Championship.  Riders were winning but Montreal lined up for a last play field goal.  The kicker misses, the Riders are all jumping around celebrating their win.....but wait there is a flag on the play.  They get called for too may men of the field as they had 13 players on the field (In the CFL the normal number is 12)

Montreal gets a  second chance and kicks the game winning kick.

Two things made it worse, #1 Saskatchewan actually called a time out before the first kick so they had too many men AFTER they had a full time out to get ready.

All year long they had made a big deal of their smarmy fans being so loud and they called themselves the 13 man.

sqo4s3zjocj11.jpg?auto=webp&s=dc015c2c01

Luckily I hate the Riders and was gleeful at them blowing it in such awful fashion.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I mean they leave the game knowing their QB is able to go toe to toe with the best so even in a loss you'd feel pretty good about the future. 

I'm sure they're devastated though. Knock of KC and they're likely the favourites to win it all. 

Agreed - I'd much rather lose like that than get torn apart 38-10 and not look like I even belonged there.

Bills are so close. Guys will likely stay with the team to get another crack rather than sign elsewhere and probably never sniff another game like that. It can motivate players to put in that little bit extra in the offseason to come back and give it another go. Good coaches will use this as a positive for next year, a way to focus the team on getting back to that spot (or better yet, make it a home game next time).

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Worst ever? 

Bottom 5 worst ever? 

Bottom 10?

which losses were more brutal? 

The fumble was worse.

Falcon SB was worse.

Oilers blowing the game to the Bills was worse.

Chiefs missing their 1st SB in 40 years cause an idiot jumped offsides was worse.

Cards missing their only SB win ever cause Santonio in the end zone was worse.

Because of the era, I would say Colts losing the to the Jets may he the worst ever.

I think this is probably close to the worst I've ever seen. Easily top 5 in both "best games" and "worst losses."

This was a game where it seemed like they'd "won it" twice, only to have it ripped away from them. Add in the fact that it was against a playoff rival and had they won they would have been heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl and it's hard to imagine many worse.

28-3 is probably still #1 for me. If the Jets made it to the Super Bowl, took a 28-3 lead, and lost the game I'm not sure I'd ever recover.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Worst ever? 

Bottom 5 worst ever? 

Bottom 10?

which losses were more brutal? 

Oh come on. That team has nothing to be ashamed of. They played the best game I ever saw. Neither D could stop the other team in the 4th. What is brutal is when you are humiliated in the process loke the spike play.

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Allowing the chiefs to get into FG range (just inside of 50 yards, no less!) in 13 seconds is completely inexcusable. If they just squib kick it, a few more seconds run off the clock and they very likely win.They blew the game, IMO. 

Completely agree not to mention playing 15 yards of of receivers. KC had time outs for Heaven's sake

• Upvote 1

Dunno .. crazy Madden games like this basically become a race to see who has the ball last. Its not really hard fought.

The OT rules dictated who won the game ... didnt see a whole lot of choking simply because a non existant entity (like these defenses) cannot be evaluated by definition.

My guess is the Buffalo gets over this in a couple weeks.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

Revisionist history is bliss.....

Mahomes, Hill and Kelce are great but they didn’t win the game.

Buffalo’s coaching lost it.

Think about it. It’s not like Mahomes or Kelce or Hill did anything special with 13 seconds left. Mahomes just threw a short pass to a wide open Travis Kelce because the Bills coaching staff decided not to cover him or even jam him at the lines