Damien Woody tells JD to step it up

kevinc855

11 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

but our organization in particular just wasn’t in a position to take a young, undeveloped QB.

Thats ridiculous. What in your mind says a team is in position?  We were in a position to go another year with Darnold?  You think that Sewel at two would have been a better pick at 2, more value?  Why because you dont have to wait for an OL to develop like with a QB?

They were at the bottom of the barrel, where in a position to pick any QB not named Lawrence.  QB was the only play at two.  

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats ridiculous. What in your mind says a team is in position?  We were in a position to go another year with Darnold?  You think that Sewel at two would have been a better pick at 2, more value?  Why because you dont have to wait for an OL to develop like with a QB?

They were at the bottom of the barrel, where in a position to pick any QB not named Lawrence.  QB was the only play at two.  

Yeah if we don't have a QB we believe in, and have the opportunity to take one we do, then you don't pass up the opportunity and say, "Meh we'll take one when the timing is a little more ideal."

You can't choose when a desired QB prospect is available to you. What if we didn't like anyone this year? What if we liked only 1 guy, but he's getting taken #1 by a QB-needy team, and our 1st pick was down at #8 (or #14)? e.g. the Jets couldn't just draft Mahomes in 2018 instead of 2017 because that timing was thought to be better, and we'd be 1 year into the MacBowles culture-changing endeavor.

Take him when we can get him, if we like him that much, and hope he's everything they thought he could be. If he isn't, try again with someone else (whether it's another rookie draftee or a veteran).

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The stupid part is in the interpretation, not in what he said.

Why he is so against saying he wants to win a championship? Afraid of the media 

32 teams should approach every season like they want to win a supebowl.

save me the Culture building antics for some easily manipulated 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah if we don't have a QB we believe in, and have the opportunity to take one we do, then you don't pass up the opportunity and say, "Meh we'll take one when the timing is a little more ideal."

You can't choose when a desired QB prospect is available to you. What if we didn't like anyone this year? What if we liked only 1 guy, but he's getting taken #1 by a QB-needy team, and our 1st pick was down at #8 (or #14)? e.g. the Jets couldn't just draft Mahomes in 2018 instead of 2017 because that timing was thought to be better, and we'd be 1 year into the MacBowles culture-changing endeavor.

Take him when we can get him, if we like him that much, and hope he's everything they thought he could be. If he isn't, try again with someone else (whether it's another rookie draftee or a veteran).

Exactly its not like when you decide its time to draft a QB one will be sitting there to draft.

Given his scenario and given what Darnold showed once again in his 4th season we would need a QB now.  Especially since we would be in the right position to draft one.  Who would that be?  Theres isnt a QB out there that warrants using a 4th on him.  Maybe next year?  Or the year after?  

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Why he is so against saying he wants to win a championship? Afraid of the media 

32 teams should approach every season like they want to win a supebowl.

save me the Culture building antics for some easily manipulated 

Why does the variation of how he said it make one bit of difference to you?  

You know how many times they've said their goal is to win a championship?  Too many times to list.  You just havent been paying attention other than the way it was presented one time.  What is it, you think hes going to draft differently, deal with FA differently?  Stop getting hug up on one throw away line in a presser.  

You hate JD we get it, stop looking at nonsense to attempt to make your take

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly its not like when you decide its time to draft a QB one will be sitting there to draft.

Given his scenario and given what Darnold showed once again in his 4th season we would need a QB now.  Especially since we would be in the right position to draft one.  Who would that be?  Theres isnt a QB out there that warrants using a 4th on him.  Maybe next year?  Or the year after?  

Then again, people said that about Mahomes ;) 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Inconsistent = 2200 yards his first two seasons and 700 when he was injured 4 games

My recollection of him was inconsistent in Oakland.  Some great games, some meh.  He probably played better in Dallas than I want to give him credit.        

true the jets need a no. 1 wr but don't forget davis had some physical issues that probably caused him to fade away after a strong start.  the same can be said of just about all of the offensive weapons.  the te's played okay when they were able to get in the game but both of them just weren't healthy the whole season.  carter did pretty well at rb but he missed a few games.  there are some good reasons to be optimistic.  get the oline straightened out, add a top wr and te and then pull in some depth and this offense could be pretty good.

43 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

My recollection of him was inconsistent in Oakland.  Some great games, some meh.  He probably played better in Dallas than I want to give him credit.        

Remember he wasn’t playing for a consistently good team also.  I think if you can get him for the right price he really could change things here.  I think he’s that dynamic a player.  And isn’t a real pain in the ass like an OBJ

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

true the jets need a no. 1 wr but don't forget davis had some physical issues that probably caused him to fade away after a strong start.  the same can be said of just about all of the offensive weapons.  the te's played okay when they were able to get in the game but both of them just weren't healthy the whole season.  carter did pretty well at rb but he missed a few games.  there are some good reasons to be optimistic.  get the oline straightened out, add a top wr and te and then pull in some depth and this offense could be pretty good.

Seems like quite a lot to add for a reward of "[then they] could be pretty good" there, no? ;) 

On 1/25/2022 at 12:01 AM, Saul Goodman said:

In 2020 Wirfs.

in 2021, I wanted Chase, Pitts or Sewell, or the trade down package Miami got from the 49ers. I don’t know if Zach would succeed anywhere but our organization in particular just wasn’t in a position to take a young, undeveloped QB.

For the record, I really like Zach, he’s a great kid and I usually find myself defending him (or at least his character and work ethic) in the Jets Facebook groups. 

that' fair re 2020.   that was the decision at that point.

but we'd be looking for a qb this coming  year.  nothing in the draft i hear.   so back to the issue.  get a mediocre qb for this coming year?