The fat bald bastid struck out on FA, p!ssed $s away

hmhertz

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

I found this article that acts as a counterpoint to the OP. It looks at all the successes that the FAs we got rid of had this past year.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/lists/how-did-recent-new-york-jets-departures-fare-with-their-new-teams-sam-darnold-breshad-perriman/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0QVLoAYpcbRrLlaQqHrblHXDnuCy7SDLQoZ73jiv0rCOyPuOzp0_xvwAo

In summary of the two articles - got rid of a lot of trash, ended up getting some back in return. I think that sums up FA in general. Maybe a couple of areas that got a bit better, but not night and day.

And people still want us to "spend big" in FA this year?

What do you suggest the Jets do with all the cap money?

We don't have the home grown talent to pay big money....Top FA's don't want to come here..

So what do you do?

You roll the dice on the best you can get - 

Hopefully we'll have our draft picks to pay going forward and FA will be a smaller part of this team going forward.

• Upvote 2

joe is very bad at his job and this is a fact as shown by wins and loses and the team not being competitive in many games-his supporters dont care about actual results just that joe is still "new "in their eyes and he has a "plan"

Joe is no different than Mac or Izadick right now-the team went from being a near 500 team to a 2-4 win team

his free agents on the whole have been terrible

his overall drafts have been terrible-his first one was historically bad -his second one has a few bright spots but if Wilson is not the guy(too early to tell for sure but I think he is not ) then Joe will be out of here after next year

I have hope for the team always have but reality is Joe has shown nothing but promises of hope and dreams with no actual results yet

some like to hear everything will be great and I have a plan then burry their heads in the sand but in the end when you do that you cant breathe and it ends for u

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What do you suggest the Jets do with all the cap money?

We don't have the home grown talent to pay big money....Top FA's don't want to come here..

So what do you do?

You roll the dice on the best you can get - 

Hopefully we'll have our draft picks to pay going forward and FA will be a smaller part of this team going forward.

JD seemed to be to sign more "hold the fort" FAs or depth guys until he drafts his own guys to replace them. None of the guys so far have been so big name / big ticket that they would be playing whatever happened.

Macc on the other hand looked to FA to bring in sure fire starters and paid them the big money. Trumaine, Bell, CJ Mosley and the likes. Let's face it, Mosley is on the team next year whether he is good enough to be or not, because of his contract. 

The current approach may make the rebuild take longer, but it doesn't lock us into underperforming vets. Our cap room last year was actually not that high, due to getting all the dead money off the books. It'll be interesting to see if the approach differs this year, but I'm not expecting JD to spend spend spend.

I want to see how many people eat crow and will admit so if JD in fact builds the team as he's suggested. Not throwing away money, trying to get the best bang for the buck, but building through the draft to maintain a team year in and year out. Has it happened yet, no, but 2021 is in the right direction. I will certainly eat crow, and admit it here if that doesn't happen.

Offense again this year, to keep that side of the ball young and most importantly playing together as much as possible to grow continuity. That is I think the most important build aspect coming out of 2021, and 2022. 2023, and beyond is when you add higher priced FA's and players that actually want to come here. Get more defensive in 2023, and then you can have balanced drafts from then on.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

joe is very bad at his job and this is a fact as shown by wins and loses and the team not being competitive in many games-his supporters dont care about actual results just that joe is still "new "in their eyes and he has a "plan"

Joe is no different than Mac or Izadick right now-the team went from being a near 500 team to a 2-4 win team

his free agents on the whole have been terrible

his overall drafts have been terrible-his first one was historically bad -his second one has a few bright spots but if Wilson is not the guy(too early to tell for sure but I think he is not ) then Joe will be out of here after next year

I have hope for the team always have but reality is Joe has shown nothing but promises of hope and dreams with no actual results yet

some like to hear everything will be great and I have a plan then burry their heads in the sand but in the end when you do that you cant breathe and it ends for u

Like you, I also hate all other Jet fans and wish they would think more like me. Why can't everyone see what I am seeing?

• Haha 2