So a few ? about Sean Payton...

Beerfish

Despite I think still having a contract both he and new orleans seem to be saying no guarantee he is back or that his status is up in the air.

You would think he would be a top candidate for any job and looking at new orleans, where they are in cap and draft pick hell he might try and move on.

He has a history with the Giants, and Chicago/Illinois.

Thoughts?  I would bet the Bears should be all over this with their new 'franchise' QB.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Despite I think still having a contract both he and new orleans seem to be saying no guarantee he is back or that his status is up in the air.

You would think he would be a top candidate for any job and looking at new orleans, where they are in cap and draft pick hell he might try and move on.

He has a history with the Giants, and Chicago/Illinois.

Thoughts?  I would bet the Bears should be all over this with their new 'franchise' QB.

It looks like the Giants are gonna hire Daboll, which is probably a mistake. They should be alllllll the way in on trying to steal Payton. The Giants were supposedly his dream job coming up

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It looks like the Giants are gonna hire Daboll, which is probably a mistake. They should be alllllll the way in on trying to steal Payton. The Giants were supposedly his dream job coming up

Daboll strikes me as an insanely risky HC hire. He really has not been that successful and I am not putting Allen's success on him either. He feels like a Giants coach, yet another that could completely flame out in 2 years.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Daboll strikes me as an insanely risky HC hire. He really has not been that successful and I am not putting Allen's success on him either. He feels like a Giants coach, yet another that could completely flame out in 2 years.

Could you imagine he turns Daniel Jones into a top 5 QB like he did Allen? He’d be QB guru god. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We know the type well, don’t we?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Absolutely. Another milquetoast assistant with no HC experience, like their last four (five?) hires

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re kidding around about this, but if Payton wanted to come here, the Johnsons should put JD and Saleh on the first bus out of town.

Haha - I wasn’t kidding. Douglas is the captain and he’s not bringing in another captain 

He knows his run with a HoF QB in NOLA is over and wants no part of coaching a team without one and ruining his legacy.  He knows he can lay out a year and maybe find his way onto a team in a much better situation.  

Payton is a HoF coach because he had a HoF qb.  Without one, he's Adam Gase, just like everyone else

• Upvote 1

I find it amusing that everyone thinks Dallas should can mccarthy.  Takes over a team and in his 2nd year as an offense based head coach the team is 12-5 and has the #1 ranked offense in yards and points.

Come here and get our offense, good and make us div chaps!  Okay.

You're fired!

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I find it amusing that everyone thinks Dallas should can mccarthy.  Takes over a team and in his 2nd year as an offense based head coach the team is 12-5 and has the #1 ranked offense in yards and points.

You're fired!

Dallas had 14 penalties in their play-off. That's the sign of a team that was not prepared. They looked terrible in their play-off game and McCarthy screwed up his clock management. He lucked into Aaron Rodgers and he's lucked into Dak Prescott. He's good enough a coach to get a team to the playoffs (especially in the putrid NFC East), but the question is whether he's good enough coach to win it all. I don't think he is (although I wanted him as coach of the Jets over Gase).

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Dallas had 14 penalties in their play-off. That's the sign of a team that was not prepared. They looked terrible in their play-off game and McCarthy screwed up his clock management. He lucked into Aaron Rodgers and he's lucked into Dak Prescott. He's good enough a coach to get a team to the playoffs (especially in the putrid NFC East), but the question is whether he's good enough coach to win it all. I don't think he is (although I wanted him as coach of the Jets over Gase).

I get it everyone and I mean everyone hates the guy.  In the end my comment stands, 12 wins, div title and top rated offense in the league.

It's like bitching when Barry Swizter was their coach.  "This guy is a terrible coach!.....who won a super bowl'

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You're fired!

Not only that but he lost to a better team in SF.  Heck Green Bay also lost to SF and no one is calling for McCarthys head.