4 players decide not to go to Senior Bowl

I can see the odd player who feels he is locked in at a highish pick maybe doing this but certainly not for others, a guy like Haskins is being given bad advice.

Heck if you want to bail you should show up, do practices do drills then pull a hammy on the last day of practice.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

I can see the odd player who feels he is locked in at a highish pick maybe doing this but certainly not for others, a guy like Haskins is being given bad advice.

Heck if you want to bail you should show up, do practices do drills then pull a hammy on the last day of practice.

I like all the TEs going.  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, football guy said:

Kind of sucks that Dotson and Lloyd aren't going to play; they're definitely potential fits with us. 

It's very likely that some of the guys we're coaching end up on our roster, but the two players that the Jets will strongly consider in round 1 are Trevor Penning and Bernhard Raimann

Trade back scenario on those 2? Or do you see them rising up to top 10 consideration?

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Kind of sucks that Dotson and Lloyd aren't going to play; they're definitely potential fits with us. 

It's very likely that some of the guys we're coaching end up on our roster, but the two players that the Jets will strongly consider in round 1 are Trevor Penning and Bernhard Raimann

Wow, really? Round 1 possible for those two, I was hoping for one of them with one of our second rounders.

5 hours ago, J_Smith said:

Trade back scenario on those 2? Or do you see them rising up to top 10 consideration?

4 hours ago, freestater said:

Wow, really? Round 1 possible for those two, I was hoping for one of them with one of our second rounders.

Both are insane athletes, and Penning has a nastiness to him that OL enthusiasts like Douglas love. I think Penning is more refined and could legitimately wind up being OT3 in the class, whereas Raimann won't be for everyone but certain teams are going to fall in love with him. He's a perfect fit for our line scheme. He's going to get a lot of Garett Bolles comparisons, but there are many who believe he's more talented than Bolles was coming out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, football guy said:

Both are insane athletes, and Penning has a nastiness to him that OL enthusiasts like Douglas love. I think Penning is more refined and could legitimately wind up being OT3 in the class, whereas Raimann won't be for everyone but certain teams are going to fall in love with him. He's a perfect fit for our line scheme. He's going to get a lot of Garett Bolles comparisons, but there are many who believe he's more talented than Bolles was coming out. 

The stiff I've seen with Penning is amazing. Converted TE iirc, thats just a huge man-amongst-boys with crazy athleticism. Would love to pick him up.