Sean Payton leaves Saints

doitny

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

He'll take a year off and be in Dallas in 2023.

Nope - Saints have him on contract for 3 more years. Dallas would have to give compensation to "trade" for him. Probably two #1s in the upcoming drafts, but that would be on the very low end. He's leaving the Saints in bad way, so I don't see that organization cutting any breaks if he decides to coach elsewhere.

My King Cake was made with the tears of Saints fans, and it's DELICIOUS!!!!

Truly the only fan base I ever met who after they won there first and only SB 12 years ago, acted (and still act) like they never wore bags over their heads at games for 30 years!!!!

Terrible fan base - they deserve this.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Duh...the nuance escaped you.

No nuance.

Just silly to give up on a first year head coach and GM that took over the biggest sh*t show in the league, coming off his best draft.

Starting over with a new coach, new systems...and offering this guy whatever it takes is just ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

He'll take a year off and be in Dallas in 2023.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

he would hang up on them.

he wants to go somewhere where he can win a SB, otherwise he would still be in NO. 

he will be in Dallas next year.

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

He'll be on TV this year and on the Cowboy's sideline next year.

Jerry loves him so much he would trade a buttload of picks for him.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

This!!!

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Mike McCarthy's seat is hotter than hot. 

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

I can see Jerry Jones making a Serious Push for Sean's services.

I sense a theme developing...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Giants should call him at least 

The Saints are at the very bottom of the pile when it comes to Cap Space.  -78 Million

The Giants aren't much better.                                                                    -20 Million.

It isn't about who either team is going to sign this offseason, its about who they are going to cut.

Why would Payton exchange a Big Problem for a Smaller One.

So the Giants call Payton you know what he will tell them ? "Call me back when you get your Salary Cap Situation straightened out"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He has ties to both and Jerry loves him, but the Giants are hiring this year, so it's hard to see him getting there right now. 

Both the Giants and Dallas have Cap Issues BIG ONES. This is why I think Nose Job will keep McCarthy around for one more year. Just to endure the mess. Then the job goes to Kellen Moore.

Given a choice between those two teams I'd stay retired for at least one season. There is a good chance one of them would have an opening in 2023.

18 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Nope - Saints have him on contract for 3 more years. Dallas would have to give compensation to "trade" for him. Probably two #1s in the upcoming drafts, but that would be on the very low end. He's leaving the Saints in bad way, so I don't see that organization cutting any breaks if he decides to coach elsewhere.

Could work out for both sides though - Dallas is going all in on winning now and the Saints a ton of collateral for a rebuild.  

20 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Woody should call him at least. GM and head coach, whatever he wants.

I like Saleh but let's face it, he's never gonna out duel Allen and McDermott. But Wilson and Peyton would have a fighting chance.  I say the Jets should offer Peyton whatever he wants in 2023.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

For all he did for NOLA, he left them in a real sh*tty situation. 

I would take the Peyton/NO results in a heartbeat for the Jets. A Super Bowl win and years of highly competitive playoff football in exchange for a year, even 2, of cap hell and rebuilding? Count me in.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

I would take the Peyton/NO results in a heartbeat for the Jets. A Super Bowl win and years of highly competitive playoff football in exchange for a year, even 2, of cap hell and rebuilding? Count me in.

Seriously.  Say Saleh has a career like that and leaves us in the current state of NO.  We would have a heck of a 15 year run upcoming.  Count me wayyy in as well.