Jets 1 of 3 teams to be on Hard Knocks?

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lions are the obvious choice.  The coach has an . . . interesting personality. 

Rhule has a personality but watching him flounder in denial over Sam Darnold would just be sad.

Saleh could never live up to Rex (Hard Knocks HOFer)

No one can live up to Rex.  Plus the jets were a good team looking to take the next step.  

‘Saleh would be fine, he wouldn’t bring the brashness of Rex or Campbell but he’s like able as are a lot of our players.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lions are the obvious choice.  The coach has an . . . interesting personality. 

Rhule has a personality but watching him flounder in denial over Sam Darnold would just be sad.

Saleh could never live up to Rex (Hard Knocks HOFer)

I can't stand listening to Saleh speak in press conferences.  He just sounds phony.  I'm not saying it makes him a bad HC or anything btw.  I know it's just his "media personality" (just like BB has one).

Dan Campbell is definitely the right choice for Hard Knocks.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No one can live up to Rex.  Plus the jets were a good team looking to take the next step.  

‘Saleh would be fine, he wouldn’t bring the brashness of Rex or Campbell but he’s like able as are a lot of our players.  

I will admit - and this is going to sound harsh - I haven't "liked" Saleh as much as I thought I would. Some of his soundbites sound manufactured to me. Like he's just saying what he thinks you want to hear. I can't put my finger on it. He also can be pretty condescending with reporters when they question his decision-making or philosophy. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah, would love to see us on.  Never watched it before us or after us.

Anything that brings us more Jets content I'm up for.  Can't imagine it's that much of an intrusion.  

We went from Hard Knocks to winning 11 games.  I’ll take that distraction 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't stand listening to Saleh speak in press conferences.  He just sounds phony.  I'm not saying it makes him a bad HC or anything btw.  I know it's just his "media personality" (just like BB has one).

Dan Campbell is definitely the right choice for Hard Knocks.

Thank you. I think you said it better than I did. I watch every single Jets HC press conference and have since the days of Mangini. Saleh seems to have a "media personality"

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I will admit - and this is going to sound harsh - I haven't "liked" Saleh as much as I thought I would. Some of his soundbites sound manufactured to me. Like he's just saying what he thinks you want to hear. I can't put my finger on it. He also can be pretty condescending with reporters when they question his decision-making or philosophy. 

He sounds like a players coach protecting his players after they’ve played poorly. I don’t ever get the feeling that he is condescending to the press.  Ever actually. 
Plus Hard Knocks is about teams and players.  Not sound bites from post game post game pressers following one ugly loss after another

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

If the Jets get the gig, first episode has to be called “The Weigh In”.

Everyone will want to know if Becton is over or under 400lbs. 

And if he comes in at 350 fans will still call him fat and lazy.  Just like they have since he was in really good shape last year.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah, would love to see us on.  Never watched it before us or after us.

Anything that brings us more Jets content I'm up for.  Can't imagine it's that much of an intrusion.  

Same. Got to imagine it provides a little extra motivation too. Nobody wants to look bad in front of the cameras.

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

No upside, only distraction. Plenty of content on Jets website. Pass.

Yup, I actually want to know LESS about what's going on at One Jets Drive.

I don't need to be watching some rookie get interviewed in the cafeteria and then notice Denzel Mims in the background heading to the buffett and reaching for the sushi.  Not good for my blood pressure.  I already yell at the TV enough during the season.

• Haha 4