Jets Tried Out 2 QB’s Today

Lovett was a quarterback for the Princeton Tigers football team, but his style was too wild and unkempt for the NFL game. The Chiefs signed Lovett as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft and sought to convert him into a hybrid type of player. They used him as a tight end and fullback during the course of training camp and into the preseason, where he was hyped up as a player that could potentially make the team.

“I’ll tell you the guy that I think is going to be really interesting, too, is this John Lovett from Princeton,” Chiefs GM Brett Veach said May of 2019. “He was a Princeton quarterback, All-Ivy League quarterback, tough as nails. He actually broke his hand, played with a broken hand. At his Pro Day, I think he ran a 4.58 at 230-some pounds and we’re kind of looking to see if we can make him a hybrid H-back / tight end, kind of how the Eagles used Trey Burton when he came out of college. Trey was a quarterback and played some wildcat stuff there. I think the kid was 6’2”-ish, 235 (pounds), ran a 4.58. At his Pro Day they worked him out at linebacker and they worked him out at fullback and tight end. During the tight end drills, he had a cast on and I think he caught almost every single ball with one hand. I think he’s interesting because he’s a former quarterback at Princeton, but I think he can take some snaps at fullback and kind of that H-back / tight end position, play some (special) teams.”

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

Lovett was a quarterback for the Princeton Tigers football team, but his style was too wild and unkempt for the NFL game. The Chiefs signed Lovett as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft and sought to convert him into a hybrid type of player. They used him as a tight end and fullback during the course of training camp and into the preseason, where he was hyped up as a player that could potentially make the team.

“I’ll tell you the guy that I think is going to be really interesting, too, is this John Lovett from Princeton,” Chiefs GM Brett Veach said May of 2019. “He was a Princeton quarterback, All-Ivy League quarterback, tough as nails. He actually broke his hand, played with a broken hand. At his Pro Day, I think he ran a 4.58 at 230-some pounds and we’re kind of looking to see if we can make him a hybrid H-back / tight end, kind of how the Eagles used Trey Burton when he came out of college. Trey was a quarterback and played some wildcat stuff there. I think the kid was 6’2”-ish, 235 (pounds), ran a 4.58. At his Pro Day they worked him out at linebacker and they worked him out at fullback and tight end. During the tight end drills, he had a cast on and I think he caught almost every single ball with one hand. I think he’s interesting because he’s a former quarterback at Princeton, but I think he can take some snaps at fullback and kind of that H-back / tight end position, play some (special) teams.”

Another Tebow ?