I just met Tanny

Vudu

Mike T started off as a good gm…drafting players like Brick Mangold Revis Harris and supplemented them with FA signings like Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace. It’s too bad woody mettled around and put pressure on him to win now…he literally emptied cupboards and then we had no draft capital and in salary cap hell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To those who are about to long for the "glory days" of Mike Tannenbaum in this thread:  Recall that he handed Mark Sanchez an expensive contract extension prior to the 2012 season, days after Tannenbaum acknowledged that Sanchez "didn't play well" in 2011. 

And he could not find a WR that was sober for all his years here

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, tfine said:

Mike T started off as a good gm…drafting players like Brick Mangold Revis Harris and supplemented them with FA signings like Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace. It’s too bad woody mettled around and put pressure on him to win now…he literally emptied cupboards and then we had no draft capital and in salary cap hell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The problem with Tanny was that he added  only 1-2 good players a season and eventually the cupboard was bare.  

**** him but he was the GM during the 2009-2011 seasons and you to appreciate it. One thing I liked about him is how he was willing to take risks on players like Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes. 

I did not like how he did not value depth and our draft picks. 

• Upvote 3