I just met Tanny

Vudu

12 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I remember when he was considered one of our worst GM’s. Actually only had a few losing seasons when he was here. 

We followed him up with Idzik, Maccagnan and Douglas. Oof. 

Don’t include JD in that list, he doesn’t deserve that yet

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To those who are about to long for the "glory days" of Mike Tannenbaum in this thread:  Recall that he handed Mark Sanchez an expensive contract extension prior to the 2012 season, days after Tannenbaum acknowledged that Sanchez "didn't play well" in 2011. 

Worst contract ever, which probably was why he got fired. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

**** him but he was the GM during the 2009-2011 seasons and you to appreciate it. One thing I liked about him is how he was willing to take risks on players like Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes. 

I did not like how he did not value depth and our draft picks. 

Tanny certainly did some good but he always seemed to follow up any good he did with bad that helped mortgage the future.  

Trading for Holmes for a 5th rounder:  Good.

Extending Holmes:  Bad.

Drafting Mark Sanchez:  Forgivable.

Extending Mark Sanchez in 2012:  Unforgivable.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

**** him but he was the GM during the 2009-2011 seasons and you to appreciate it. One thing I liked about him is how he was willing to take risks on players like Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes. 

I did not like how he did not value depth and our draft picks. 

Why value draft picks when you have your coach make the selections and your coach happens to be Rex Ryan? 

2 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Why value draft picks when you have your coach make the selections and your coach happens to be Rex Ryan? 

Tell that to  @#27TheDominator and @slats who both think Tannenbaum made all the picks and not his coaches (but even if the coaches made the picks they weren't that bad under Rex because reasons).  

@T0mShane

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eric Mangini's playoff winning % as Jets HC: .000

Rex Ryan's playoff winning % as Jets HC: .667

So that's all it takes to be considered by you to be the 2nd greatest HC in Jets' history, eh?  A 4-2 playoff record with zero trophies?  What a low bar you have set.   

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So that's all it takes to be considered by you to be the 2nd greatest HC in Jets' history, eh?  A 4-2 playoff record with zero trophies?  What a low bar you have set.   

I set a low bar?  I am not the one that called that ******* fraudulent Belichick wannabe "very good."  I don't defend Rex as a coach.  I defend him as better than that penguin looking piece of sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eric Mangini's playoff winning % as Jets HC: .000

Rex Ryan's playoff winning % as Jets HC: .667

Rex did that with the team Mangini and Tanny built then after 2 years ran the entire program into the ground and went with retread drunks at WR because he ignored the offense

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Rex did that with the team Mangini and Tanny built then after 2 years ran the entire program into the ground and went with retread drunks at WR because he ignored the offense

When your point is that your sh*tty coach built a team that someone else could win with, it does not seem to indicate he is a better coach.  That piece of sh*t couldn't win with a HOF QB.   They were both defensive coaches.  Mangini was 20/6, 19/18 and 18/16 in points/yards.  You could argue that the only time he had any success was with Herm's team.  The last was with 16 games of Revis and Jenkins.  Rex was 1/1 with 6 games of Jenkins, followed up by 6/3.  Mangini the teambuilder is overrated.  Mangini the coach is a ******* disgrace, but keep waving that flag.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

When your point is that your sh*tty coach built a team that someone else could win with, it does not seem to indicate he is a better coach.  That piece of sh*t couldn't win with a HOF QB.   They were both defensive coaches.  Mangini was 20/6, 19/18 and 18/16 in points/yards.  You could argue that the only time he had any success was with Herm's team.  The last was with 16 games of Revis and Jenkins.  Rex was 1/1 with 6 games of Jenkins, followed up by 6/3.  Mangini the teambuilder is overrated.  Mangini the coach is a ******* disgrace, but keep waving that flag.  

well fwiw he was doing pretty good before Favre got hurt and couldn't throw the ball anymore. If Favre does not get hurt its very possible the Jets go far that year and then there was no telling what might have happened after that. Hard to win with an injured QB who obviously could not throw the ball. We did beat some pretty good teams before all that drama unfolded. Was Rex a batter defensive coach ? Sure he was . But I'm also pretty sure Rex was not HC material either keeping in mind Sutton was the DC not Mangini when ya compare defenses

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well fwiw he was doing pretty good before Favre got hurt and couldn't throw the ball anymore. If Favre does not get hurt its very possible the Jets go far that year and then there was no telling what might have happened after that. Hard to win with an injured QB who obviously could not throw the ball. We did beat some pretty good teams before all that drama unfolded. Was Rex a batter defensive coach ? Sure he was . But I'm also pretty sure Rex was not HC material either keeping in mind Sutton was the DC not Mangini when ya compare defenses

Another fallacy. 

The 2008 Jets had a fairly easy schedule.  They were -2.84.  The "good" teams they beat were the Dolphins (who had just added Pennington and would beat them later in the year), the Patriots (with Cassel), the Cardinals who had to travel east and the Titans.  Their other wins were against the Chiefs (2-14) the Rams (2-14), the Bengals (4-12) and the Bills. 

Before Favre got hurt they managed to lose to the Raiders, the Patriots (in Cassel's first start) and were demolished by the Chargers.  Everybody makes excuses for them traveling west, but not the Cardinals traveling east.  Maybe the time change is a big factor, but c'mon.  The joke is acting like he got hurt against the Titans, but he was complaining of a tired arm and I have never seen it pinpointed beyond Mangini and Favre excuse makers.

Also, the coach being too big a pussy to bench his sh*tty 60 passer rating QB is as much a sign of him sucking as anything.  Mangini sucked. He has gone on to prove it time and again.  The only thing I will grant him is that he may have been good at structuring the combine interviews as @Matt39 points out.  He didn't make the picks and he didn't coach worth sh*t.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Another fallacy. 

The 2008 Jets had a fairly easy schedule.  They were -2.84.  The "good" teams they beat were the Dolphins (who had just added Pennington and would beat them later in the year), the Patriots (with Cassel), the Cardinals who had to travel east and the Titans.  Their other wins were against the Chiefs (2-14) the Rams (2-14), the Bengals (4-12) and the Bills. 

Before Favre got hurt they managed to lose to the Raiders, the Patriots (in Cassel's first start) and were demolished by the Chargers.  Everybody makes excuses for them traveling west, but not the Cardinals traveling east.  Maybe the time change is a big factor, but c'mon.  The joke is acting like he got hurt against the Titans, but he was complaining of a tired arm and I have never seen it pinpointed beyond Mangini and Favre excuse makers.

Also, the coach being too big a pussy to bench his sh*tty 60 passer rating QB is as much a sign of him sucking as anything.  Mangini sucked. He has gone on to prove it time and again.  The only thing I will grant him is that he may have been good at structuring the combine interviews as @Matt39 points out.  He didn't make the picks and he didn't coach worth sh*t.

If you want to knock Mangini as a HC that's fine but you can't deny he and Tanny built a good solid defense and an above average OL where both they and Rex failed was at the skill positions

• Upvote 1