WR Vyncint Smith Signs With Buccaneers

2 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

All team beat writers, other than the Jets of course, are generally upbeat on their team.  

Its nice to see that a top 4-8 NFL team can have Perriman as one of their 5 WRs and the beat can feel good about him potentially being replaced by Vyncint Smith.   So guys that the Jets feel can't help them at WR are good enough for the Bucs?

But seriously, I think the Jets/ML require very specific things from their WRs.  So we should be careful about replacing Saleh and/or ML too quickly, because it will basically mean that the Jets will need to replace its roster, again.  That is why Saleh and Co get at least 2 more years.  Its a good reason.  

This also tells me that Mims has no role here.  I think he could be of more use in TB, Carolina, Dallas maybe.  Make a trade happen JD.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Still don’t understand why he wasn’t on the active roster instead of Jeff Smith.

Was really a curious decision.  He made some nice grabs for us last year, was super fast (but so was Jeff Smith) but still. I like the dude but he should never have been in our top 5 WRs (not Jeff).  

On 1/26/2022 at 6:13 PM, Peace Frog said:

Was really a curious decision.  He made some nice grabs for us last year, was super fast (but so was Jeff Smith) but still. I like the dude but he should never have been in our top 5 WRs (not Jeff).  

He had one reception last year

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

17 catches, he’s the kind of jag you can find anywhere and if you throw 31 balls his way like we did 2 years ago he’ll get his handful of catches 

Sorry you hate the guy.  IMHO he was a nice developmental player--6-3, 4.36 in the 40, good hands.  Hope he has a good career. 

That's just me.  

• Upvote 1

Vyncint was a solid special teamer.  I think he already has a career as a gunner.  He was much better on specials than Jeff in 2019-2020, but I think Jeff took some gunner responsibility in 2021.  Very solid developmental prospect that didn't develop much.  No shame in that. 

Wallace Wright was on the Jets for 4 years when people were in love with their "team building."  Nobody really complained about him having a roster spot even though he didn't even have 10 catches in his career because he was an excellent gunner.  IMO, the need to replace him in 2010 is the actual reason they cut Woodhead.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Vyncint was a solid special teamer.  I think he already has a career as a gunner.  He was much better on specials than Jeff in 2019-2020, but I think Jeff took some gunner responsibility in 2021.  Very solid developmental prospect that didn't develop much.  No shame in that. 

Wallace Wright was on the Jets for 4 years when people were in love with their "team building."  Nobody really complained about him having a roster spot even though he didn't even have 10 catches in his career because he was an excellent gunner.  IMO, the need to replace him in 2010 is the actual reason they cut Woodhead.

Plus he was injured--out for 2 months with a core muscle injury in 2020.  Don't get the hate for the guy.  Was rooting for him.  Yes, sure, he's not a top end WR but I thought he was a nice developmental guy.  Still only 25.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Plus he was injured--out for 2 months with a core muscle injury in 2020.  Don't get the hate for the guy.  Was rooting for him.  Yes, sure, he's not a top end WR but I thought he was a nice developmental guy.  Still only 25.  

Does anybody actually hate him?  He seems to draw less fire than Berrios who has been better in every way.  Until the team has Rice, Taylor, Maynard, Toon, Belitnikoff, Chandler all at the same time people will be crying for an upgrade.  I glad I wasn't around on internet message boards to discuss whether Chrebet should be upgraded.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Does anybody actually hate him?  He seems to draw less fire than Berrios who has been better in every way.  Until the team has Rice, Taylor, Maynard, Toon, Belitnikoff, Chandler all at the same time people will be crying for an upgrade.  I glad I wasn't around on internet message boards to discuss whether Chrebet should be upgraded.

Maybe hate is a bad term.  Just don't get folks dumping on ex-Jets that weren't a-holes.  He is who he is.  Hope he sticks around.

To be fair, I still like Lawrence Cager ?

• Upvote 1