Dan Quinn staying in Dallas

section314

I'm sure that he was promised the replace McCarthy after next season when Dallas doesn't win the Super Bowl...or a playoff game.

But promises are worth nothing in this business. I'm sure that JJ is ready to drop a blank check on Sean Payton's visor next year.

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm sure that he was promised the replace McCarthy after next season when Dallas doesn't win the Super Bowl...or a playoff game.

But promises are worth nothing in this business. I'm sure that JJ is ready to drop a blank check on Sean Payton's visor next year.

I doubt that. Pat Kirwan said he thought there would be lots of veteran coach hires this time around but yesterday he said in talking to the league front offices they are favoring the first time guys,

My guess is he realized he was not going to get one and this was a premptive move to make it seem like he was not passed over.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I doubt that. Pat Kirwan said he thought there would be lots of veteran coach hires this time around but yesterday he said in talking to the league front offices they are favoring the first time guys,

My guess is he realized he was not going to get one and this was a premptive move to make it seem like he was not passed over.

Also, looks like the fad of hiring these "program builder" college guys is over for a while.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Smart. He’s making a ton of money and has an escape goat. If he became a HC again and sucked it might be has last shot. He might be waiting for a better opportunity. 

what's an escape goat?

• Haha 1

Dan Quinn stays in Dallas probably because he knows that McCarthy will be out no later than January 2023 and he'd be the next man up, assuming Payton is not in the running.  Not sure if Quinn minds licking the owners balls before each meeting or not.