Sam Darnold going down in a ball of flames !

The Bleacher Report has published a story naming Six Big Name players in the NFL that could be cut this offseason. BTW more accurately "Big Name" should be replaced with Big Contract players. In that list is Sam Darnold. Bleacher has picked up the Panthers are so dissatisfied with Darnold they are willing to eat nearly all of his 2022 salary which is guarranteed. That's 18.5 million worth of base salary. The Panther hjave very little to gain with such a move. All they would pick up is a 273,000 dollars paid as a bonus and Darnold's roster spot. For 18.5 Million do you think the cellphone of Darnold's Agent will be blowing up ? Something tells me Sam is going to be spending alot of time at home next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Ultimately I’m glad that we’ve moved on from Darnold, but Jets fans talk about him and Jamal Adams more than any player on the present team.

It’s weird 

Why exactly are we supposed to still care?

We got a Top 40 pick and a 4th rounder for a QB who was ultimately a disappointment, but was a good kid who said and did all of the right things.

I’m content. Let’s move on.

I’ve followed his career for 3 years on the Jets and am interested in what happens to him. Doesn’t seem wierd to me especially when at this time of year there’s not a lot of direct Jets news. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

no. the Panthers pay him 18.5 mil no matter what. if a new team wants him they could sign him for the league minimum and just have to pay that. the Panthers then pay the difference. 

ex: if you sign sam for 1 mil then you pay him 1 mil and the Panthers pay 17.5mil

its actually going to be the opposite. teams might call him.

I was under the impression that Darnold would have to be unemployed for at least half the season before Vet Minimum Rules kick in. Prior to that they have to pick-up his entire compensation for at least one year and renegotiate after that.

5 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

I was under the impression that Darnold would have to be unemployed for at least half the season before Vet Minimum Rules kick in. Prior to that they have to pick-up his entire compensation for at least one year and renegotiate after that.

i didnt know that, you might be right

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Ultimately I’m glad that we’ve moved on from Darnold, but Jets fans talk about him and Jamal Adams more than any player on the present team.

It’s weird 

Jet Fans like to gloat over how they took the Seahawks and the Panthers to the cleaners over unloading Adams and Darnold. But these deals have an ominous side. Joe Douglas will earn the reputation as The Flim-Flam Man. Nobody will want to deal with him. Remember that the next time you someone stating "we should trade up or trade down" in the Draft. One of these types of deals is something to snicker about, but two in consecutive years is asking for trouble.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Jet Fans like to gloat over how they took the Seahawks and the Panthers to the cleaners over unloading Adams and Darnold. But these deals have an ominous side. Joe Douglas will earn the reputation as The Flim-Flam Man. Onbody will want to deal with him. Remember that the next time you someone stating "we should trade up or trade down" in the Draft. One of these types of deals is something to snicker about, but two in consecutive years is asking for trouble.

All GM’s are “film flam” man’s.

Why do fans think that these dudes are going to lay their cards on the table to appease them?

It’s like when everyone tunes into these end of season press conferences from the coach and GM every year thinking they’re going to learn something worthwhile, and then get pissed when they dole out the most generic, by the books answers possible.

• Upvote 3

Jet Fans like to gloat over how they took the Seahawks and the Panthers to the cleaners over unloading Adams and Darnold. But these deals have an ominous side. Joe Douglas will earn the reputation as The Flim-Flam Man. Nobody will want to deal with him. Remember that the next time you someone stating "we should trade up or trade down" in the Draft. One of these types of deals is something to snicker about, but two in consecutive years is asking for trouble.

This is about the silliest thing I’ve read on this forum. So no one is going to deal with Douglas because Douglas is too good at making trades? Only Jets fans……

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 4

33 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

What?  JD is brilliant getting the haul he did for these two JAGS...the GM's that made these deals made their beds.

Yes they did. It's their responsibility to do their due diligence. As far as I'm concerned Pete Carroll got what he deserved after tennis shoeing out on the Jets. The only way this could have been better is if the Jets unloaded Darnold on the Patsies. I can just imagine the look on Mumbles face after realizing he had been sold a Pig in a Poke. That would have been delicious !

But it still doesn't change the fact that once you get this kind of rep no one wants to deal with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Bleacher Report has published a story naming Six Big Name players in the NFL that could be cut this offseason. BTW more accurately "Big Name" should be replaced with Big Contract players. In that list is Sam Darnold. Bleacher has picked up the Panthers are so dissatisfied with Darnold they are willing to eat nearly all of his 2022 salary which is guarranteed. That's 18.5 million worth of base salary. The Panther hjave very little to gain with such a move. All they would pick up is a 273,000 dollars paid as a bonus and Darnold's roster spot. For 18.5 Million do you think the cellphone of Darnold's Agent will be blowing up ? Something tells me Sam is going to be spending alot of time at home next year.

Must be the Bleacher Reports. Darnold isn’t going anywhere. Just wait for the next Bleacher Report that will claim Darnold as the next coming of Jesus, aka Rich Gannon. 

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Geno Smith is a backup and has been for how many years now. Sam’s gonna be in the league for a long time as a backup. In all honestly probably longer than Wilson’s career.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Rough go for Zach in Snelland 

Bust at 5 games in the NFL to soon to be out of the league -  at 12.25 games.

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Rough go for Zach in Snelland 

Bust at 5 games in the NFL to soon to be out of the league -  at 12.25 games.

This is a tough crowd.

I do not think Zach will ever be good as Mahomes, Watson (if he plays again), Allen, Burrow and Herbert.   Those QBs know how to play QBs and have elite size and athleticism.  

Can Zach be as good as or better than Mayfield, Darnold, or the QBs in his class?  Those QBs either know how to play QB or have the elite athleticism, but not both (except maybe Lawrence). It is a bummer that the Jets had to use a 2 for Wilson, but if he can be better than the QBs above (except maybe Lawrence), the pick will be worth it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is a tough crowd.

I do not think Zach will ever be good as Mahomes, Watson (if he plays again), Allen, Burrow and Herbert.   Those QBs know how to play QBs and have elite size and athleticism.  

Can Zach be as good as or better than Mayfield, Darnold, or the QBs in his class?  Those QBs either know how to play QB or have the elite athleticism, but not both (except maybe Lawrence). It is a bummer that the Jets had to use a 2 for Wilson, but if he can be better than the QBs above (except maybe Lawrence), the pick will be worth it.  

He could be better than Aaron Rodgers.  Nothing is off the table yet.  He’s a year younger than Kenny Pickett.

(Sorry in advance that Sam Darnold was also young once). 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

All thing’s considered, I’m glad that we’ve moved on from Darnold, but Jets fans talk about him and Jamal Adams more than any player on the present team.

It’s weird 

We got a Top 40 pick and a 4th rounder for a QB who was ultimately a disappointment, but was a good kid who said and did all of the right things.

I’m content. Let’s move on.

<me in SF; watching NFC West showdowns> " oh yeah #33 we had him. A gap-hitting safety. Well, if you've seen one, you've seen Jamal...HEY whatever happened to Tim McDonald? 

How much would McDonald make today?

Tim McDonald started 5 seasons. In those 5 seasons, he accounted for 605 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 20 int, 6 forced fumbles, 7 fumble recoveries, and a defensive touchdown. His best statistical season, and perhaps his finest season ever as a pro was in 1989 when he recorded a team-leading 155 tackles, 7 interceptions for 170 interception return yards,1 fumble recovery and an interception returned for a touchdown. He was named to 3 Pro Bowls and named All-Pro twice while with the Cardinals.

• Upvote 1