Sam Darnold going down in a ball of flames !

On 1/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, RoadFan said:

Darnold is not just bad, he is soft.

He doesn’t belong on an NFL roster.

Doesn't bleed for it. One thing to be a rich kid(Mahomes is, for example). But Darnold doesn't have any fire to him. He parlayed one great pass in a Rose Bowl game to a golden ticket, so he isn't stupid. But he doesn't live for being an NFL QB. He can now join the Fox PAC10 pregame show with Leinart and Sanchez (see a trend here?). 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Doesn't bleed for it. One thing to be a rich kid(Mahomes is, for example). But Darnold doesn't have any fire to him. He parlayed one great pass in a Rose Bowl game to a golden ticket, so he isn't stupid. But he doesn't live for being an NFL QB. He can now join the Fox PAC10 pregame show with Leinart and Sanchez (see a trend here?). 

Funny thought.  But in addition to ‘not having any fire,’. he doesn’t appear to have any personality either.

He’ll be a lousy analyst too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Funny thought.  But in addition to ‘not having any fire,’. he doesn’t appear to have any personality either.

He’ll be a lousy analyst too.

Troy Aikman has all the personality of a wet mop, so not really required. But Darnold is not getting that kind of slot, but one that pays well and requires no heavy lifting beyond "That was a great play, Jim". 

• Haha 3

On 1/27/2022 at 8:51 PM, Snell41 said:

Geno Smith is a backup and has been for how many years now. Sam’s gonna be in the league for a long time as a backup. In all honestly probably longer than Wilson’s career.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Geno was a second round round pick. He never got the big money, and I think that’s a big reason why he keeps sticking around. Sam’s more in the Mark Sanchez boat. At the end of this year, he will have made just shy of $50M. Why the hell would he bother being a backup when his great grandchildren are already taken care of? Bit of a pointless humiliation for a former #3 overall pick. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2022 at 7:10 PM, WestCoastMole said:

The Bleacher Report has published a story naming Six Big Name players in the NFL that could be cut this offseason. BTW more accurately "Big Name" should be replaced with Big Contract players. In that list is Sam Darnold. Bleacher has picked up the Panthers are so dissatisfied with Darnold they are willing to eat nearly all of his 2022 salary which is guarranteed. That's 18.5 million worth of base salary. The Panther hjave very little to gain with such a move. All they would pick up is a 273,000 dollars paid as a bonus and Darnold's roster spot. For 18.5 Million do you think the cellphone of Darnold's Agent will be blowing up ? Something tells me Sam is going to be spending alot of time at home next year.

with 18 million in his pocket Damn the bad luck for Teh Suck

Geno was a second round round pick. He never got the big money, and I think that’s a big reason why he keeps sticking around. Sam’s more in the Mark Sanchez boat. At the end of this year, he will have made just shy of $50M. Why the hell would he bother being a backup when his great grandchildren are already taken care of? Bit of a pointless humiliation for a former #3 overall pick. 

eh lol i dont think he is losing sleep over being a former #3.
backup Qb best gig in sports.
still can tell chicks hes in the NFL and raking in dough at 25yo.
  • Upvote 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, THE BARON said:

Darnold has never been matched with the correct offense.  He is a "stylist" and will not work in most offensive systems.

He needs to be matched with a contemporary version of the 1980's Joe Bugel / Redskins Offense.

Heavy on smash mouth running with misdirection.  Counter Trey, Counter Gap, moving the pocket regularly and LOTS AND LOTS of play action.  Replace any of the sweeps with screen passes.  Fly patterns on the edges replaced with slant and go or hitch.    You get the idea.  

He would do just fine in that case.

Yeah maybe he can open a salon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9P6E6U1CDln8iM4H0aXg

• Haha 1

That’s a very good point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Some people also overcompensate to cover for how deeply and completely wrong they were about this player or that. 

Some of the biggest Darnold hypesters are now the biggest Darnold trash talkers.

I loved the draft pick. You know that. But it sickened me to watch  him just give  up his last year here. Never would have thought his single worse  trait is he has no heart. Looked like a winner after the Rosebowl game. Damn shame. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/27/2022 at 8:15 PM, Untouchable said:

All thing’s considered, I’m glad that we’ve moved on from Darnold, but Jets fans talk about him and Jamal Adams more than any player on the present team.

It’s weird 

Why exactly are we supposed to still care?

We got a Top 40 pick and a 4th rounder for a QB who was ultimately a disappointment, but was a good kid who said and did all of the right things.

I’m content. Let’s move on.

I guess getting mono was doing the right thing since it never happened during the season to another QB. Yea, he was also an idiot on and off the field.

• Upvote 1