Schefter: Daboll is new Giants HC

19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a major hit for Buffalo. If Daboll takes Ken Dorsey with him that will be a big deal

Not sure why Dorsey would leave? he has a stable organisation, a top 5 QB. A perfect platform for him to progress his career. Going to Giants would be a hugely risky choice.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ron Jeremy said:

for some reason I have my doubts about him as a head coach

I do too. I am not sold on Daboll at all. Seems like another Giants head coaching choice that could suck for 2 years even in the worst division in football. Sticking with Jones is a bit bewildering.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

This is a major hit for Buffalo. If Daboll takes Ken Dorsey with him that will be a big deal

Dorsey had no prior relationship with Daboll before Buffalo. Their HC brought Doersey in so why would he leave with Daboll when he can stay and be OC to Allen which seems like a faster way to his own HC job?

I'm not sure how much it effects the Bills. That KC game had a lot of plays of Josh Allen bailing poor playcalls out. 

If the Giants were smart, they would trade back in this draft and pick up additional 1st rounders for next year.  Then they have some ammunition to trade up in next years draft for a good qb if they have to.

They should also start the rebuild right now and get anything they can for barkely, Golladay, Leonard williams etc.

It should be torn down right away a la what joe Douglas did.

The worst thing would be to bring in this new staff and win 8 games next year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't know how good an HC Daboll will be, but I am happy he is with the Giants if the alternative was going to be Miami.

No serious candidate will take the Dolphins job.  Greir is on the hotseat.  When the fins stink next year, grier will be fired and now a new gm will come in and eventually hire his own coach.

The dolphins not firing grier has made that the worst job out there.  Thats why they are down to 2 neophytes who have no clue what they are getting themselves into.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Giants should go the Jets route. Get rid of Jones and let Daboll pick his next qb.  Salary cap implications with the QB is right around the corner for them, they need to decide in his 5th year option soon.  And they’re already in cap hell.

There is 0 need for the giants to take a qb this year in a weak qb draft.  They will do exactly what douglas did w/ darnold.  Let him play himself out of the job in his 4th year and position themselves to get a good qb in the 2023 draft.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0 need for the giants to take a qb this year in a weak qb draft.  They will do exactly what douglas did w/ darnold.  Let him play himself out of the job in his 4th year and position themselves to get a good qb in the 2023 draft.

So the Giants are rebuilding?

It’ll be interesting to see. Is Jones even healthy enough to play? He is injury prone. I don’t think they can go to the next season with just him as the option. They’d better have a good plan B.

12 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

So the Giants are rebuilding?

It’ll be interesting to see. Is Jones even healthy enough to play? He is injury prone. I don’t think they can go to the next season with just him as the option. They’d better have a good plan B.

It would be a mistake not to.  The worst thing for the Giants would be winning 6-9 games next year and be mired in mediocrity with no qb.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think looking from a HC POV, I wouldn’t want to tie my horse to Jones in my first year. What if he fits 8-9 next year?  Then they’re picking in the middle of the draft when the prospects (rattler, stroud, young) are eligible.

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I think looking from a HC POV, I wouldn’t want to tie my horse to Jones in my first year. What if he fits 8-9 next year?  Then they’re picking in the middle of the draft when the prospects (rattler, stroud, young) are eligible.

In what world is daniel jones winning 9 games?  That is like thinking Darnold would of won 9 games in 2020.

Daniel Jones will get hurt like he always does and if they Giants r smart, they will win 3 games next year.

Just like us only winning 4 games this year was exactly what we needed.  A plan worked to perfection.