Jump to content

Davante Adams lookinhttps://forums.jetnation.com/topic/164605-davante-adams-looking-for-30m-a-year/g for $30m a year


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

It should be done. 
If he hits FA JD better have a top dollar offer ready. After 2022 the Corey Davis deal will open up some cap, and Moseley. Take on the cap hit this year get Our QB, a second year potential FQB the best WR arguably in the league and oh yeah plays in a similar system. 
 

No brainer. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I've got a comment about this in relation to something happening here in Canada, but it is political and I'd get banned.  😎

SAY IT!!!

I’ll serve your ban.  

Btw, since you’re across international lines, I don’t think you can get band. 

It’s racist. Or something offensive. Or triggering. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jet fans hate mike mccagnan, yet want joe Douglas to act just like him.

We will draft a receiver at 10 and not give one single thought to Adams, Ridley, Michael thomas etc.

And Jet fans will continue to ignore what coach and gm have told them 1 million times about building through the draft and keep opening threads of things that have 0 chances of happening.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stark said:

It should be done. 
If he hits FA JD better have a top dollar offer ready. After 2022 the Corey Davis deal will open up some cap, and Moseley. Take on the cap hit this year get Our QB, a second year potential FQB the best WR arguably in the league and oh yeah plays in a similar system. 
 

No brainer. 

Hahahaaaa we’re 5th in cap space.

Miami (no income tax state) has $20 million more than us. 

Jax (also a no income stat tax) is second with $13 million more than us. 

Cincy with a playoff roster is next with about $13 million more than us. 

Chargers, while in a POS state with massive taxes still has $5 million more than us and Justin Herbert.

Love the fantasy of Adams but what makes anyone think we’re the ideal landing spot.

Geezuz stop.  

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans hate mike mccagnan, yet want joe Douglas to act just like him.

We will draft a receiver at 10 and not give one single thought to Adams, Ridley, Michael thomas ect.

And Jet fans will continue to ignore what coach and gm have told them 1 million times about building through the draft and keep opening threads of things that have 0 chances of happening.

It would probably take about 3 hours to write a Joe W. Namath bot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans hate mike mccagnan, yet want joe Douglas to act just like him.

We will draft a receiver at 10 and not give one single thought to Adams, Ridley, Michael thomas etc.

And Jet fans will continue to ignore what coach and gm have told them 1 million times about building through the draft and keep opening threads of things that have 0 chances of happening.

I mean Douglas did sign Carl Lawson and Corey Davis last year. Two of the top free agents available. I don’t know where this narrative comes from that he’s not going to sign big me name free agents 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Douglas did sign Carl Lawson and Corey Davis last year. Two of the top free agents available. I don’t know where this narrative comes from that he’s not going to sign big me name free agents 

They were both mid tier free agents and when you look behind the curtain can both be cut after this year.

Davante adams in regards to a big name and the contract he will want is not even in the same stratosphere as davis and lawson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

SAY IT!!!

I’ll serve your ban.  

Btw, since you’re across international lines, I don’t think you can get band. 

It’s racist. Or something offensive. Or triggering. 

No it is just about a certain go fund me initiative that has reached like 8 million dollars in a week and why the fund was established yada yada yada

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would really like to see contracts like this be incentive based.   Pay Adams $15mm guaranteed for 3 years with bonuses for games played, yards, touch downs, wins, playoff appearances/wins.  

Let him make over $30mm if he and the team performs well.

But if you guarantee him $30mm for multiple years and he gets hurt or loses his marbles, the Jets and JD don’t recover until he is paid off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its going to be classic in 2 months when we sign none of these guys and jet fans are calling for Douglas's head again.  And then when we are one of the best teams in the league in 2023 and the foreseeable future, they will come crawling back to Douglas with their tails between there leagues.

Its going to be a fun watch for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a single person in this thread has made the argument that the Jets are the ideal landing spot for Adams. Why do you keep laughing at an argument that has never been made?

Sadly because of the Davis contract we are like 12th in spending at the WR spot, or something like that. That’s why I think JD will try to be “cute” and sign another guy that’s not a top tier WR. 
 

you all laugh but that’s part of the reason I’d try to trade Davis and If Adams is a possibility sign him to open cap. Then sign a guy like Gage who can do the Davis role for half the $
 

Hopefully Moore and Zach develop a strong bond this off-season and Moore turns out to be what we all hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Larz said:

DeAndre Hopkins - $27.250 million.

Julio Jones - $22 million. ... 

Keenan Allen - $20 million. ... 

Amari Cooper - $20 million. ... 

Michael Thomas - $19.250 million. ...
 

 

yup it’s going to take 30, possibly more actually 

What do these guys have in common? They ain’t going to the SB. No way the Jets are spending $90 million on a WR for three years. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its going to be classic in 2 months when we sign none of these guys and jet fans are calling for Douglas's head again.  And then when we are one of the best teams in the league in 2023 and the foreseeable future, they will come crawling back to Douglas with their tails between there leagues.

Its going to be a fun watch for me.

I won’t be calling for his head as long as he drafts Burks or London and a TE or 2 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a single person in this thread has made the argument that the Jets are the ideal landing spot for Adams. Why do you keep laughing at an argument that has never been made?

I’m laughing at folks who think he’s going to come here. 

The “ideal landing spot” is an extension of that fantasy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No it is just about a certain go fund me initiative that has reached like 8 million dollars in a week and why the fund was established yada yada yada

I don’t speak freaky deaky Canadian. 

Spell it out man. I’ll take the hit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its going to be classic in 2 months when we sign none of these guys and jet fans are calling for Douglas's head again.  And then when we are one of the best teams in the league in 2023 and the foreseeable future, they will come crawling back to Douglas with their tails between there leagues.

Its going to be a fun watch for me.

Jets are not going to let the histrionics of the Buffalo KC game change their strategy. What they saw was a lack of discipline and absent defense. Jets are going to build solid depth on both lines and build from there. A $30 million/year WR is not in their plans. Like it or not the Jets are going to be the blue collar NFL competing against the NBA flavor of the month.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol how many teams can shell out $30m a year to a WR right now? 

5 all with better situations than us. And maybe another 6 or 7 close.  

We had more money than anyone to get Thuney AND Linsley last year. 

Never got a sniff.  Cap space does not guarantee anything. It’s false hope.

Love to have him. I’m not that naive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m laughing at folks who think he’s going to come here. 

The “ideal landing spot” is an extension of that fantasy.  

I don't think anyone even said they think he's coming here. Discussing the possibility of signing a free agent doesn't mean we think he's coming here or that we think this is the ideal landing spot for him.

I think most people would consider it a long shot. Still fun to consider and again, greater than 0 chance it happens.

Who knows what his priorities or interests outside of football are. Maybe he's really into being excessively taxed and regulated.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...