Adam Gase to replace McDaniels?

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The opposite of Bienemy, I guess? That guy has to hold the NFL record for most HC interviews without ever getting hired.

Except he isnt a mystery. The owners and GMs are seeing in the interviews that he isnt the guy, over and over again. But the media is going to keep pushing him. 

It's a big ask to hire an OC who doesnt call plays and has a superstar QB. 

But...

The Jets did it.

So anything's possible. 

• Upvote 1

Look after we put the hate away there is no reason Gase can’t still coach in the NFL. 

yes there is - he is possibly the worst offensive coordinator the jets have ever had - and that’s saying something- he brings zero to the table and we all know it - no competent hc would hire him for any role - and i’ll be glad to eat my words (and laugh my ass off) if i’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

One of the great mysteries of the modern world is how that guy interviews well 

He talks a good game. He sounds very knowledgeable. In his comfort zone , one on one, the eye thing probably is less 

• Upvote 1

What if Adam Gase's failures could be attributed to Slow Sam Darnold not being able to process information fast enough ... and now he goes to a team that has a QB capable of thinking more quickly, is able to make accurate pre snap reads, can redirect his OL and can deliver the ball accurately on time.  Mac Jones is ready.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look after we put the hate away there is no reason Gase can’t still coach in the NFL. 

I tend to agree with this but not as a HC.

He seems to be too big a trouble maker  - creating far too many internal conflicts.

I suspect him with a strong HC, that he couldn't possibly challenge like BB, he could do well.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

51 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This has the potential for typical Jets level embarrassing if he turns out to go to a rival and actually become a good assistant and torment us for years…

Yes, to be fair, he had a great run as an OC in Denver. And that’s more where his talents lie. He’s not a leader/head coach. 

Having said that, I don’t see him as some game-changing offensive mind/assistant. 

Sure, if you give him a hall of fame QB, he’s capable of being a “tormentor”

• Upvote 1

Weird how McDaniels didn’t get any interviews 

oh wait he’s a cheater that goes back on his word lol

"Our film guy got caught because we had to share a stadium [in London]. Our film guy got caught filming their practice."

McDaniels was later fined $50,000 for failing to report the violation to the league ... and was eventually fired the next season after a poor start.

50 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I tend to agree with this but not as a HC.

He seems to be too big a trouble maker  - creating far too many internal conflicts.

I suspect him with a strong HC, that he couldn't possibly challenge like BB, he could do well.

This ... he is WAY TOO MACHIAVELLIAN to ever be a good head coach.

He has thrown too many people under the bus to climb the ladder.

I doubt he get a HC gig any time soon.

But like you said ... with BB and a smart QB it could work.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Weird how McDaniels didn’t get any interviews 

oh wait he’s a cheater that goes back on his word lol

"Our film guy got caught because we had to share a stadium [in London]. Our film guy got caught filming their practice."

McDaniels was later fined $50,000 for failing to report the violation to the league ... and was eventually fired the next season after a poor start.

Mcdaniels got hired as Raiders HC

32 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This ... he is WAY TOO MACHIAVELLIAN to ever be a good head coach.

He has thrown too many people under the bus to climb the ladder.

I doubt he get a HC gig any time soon.

But like you said ... with BB and a smart QB it could work.

He's almost certainly a narcissist - but I imagine BB is as well.  

It could work!

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

What if Adam Gase's failures could be attributed to Slow Sam Darnold not being able to process information fast enough ... and now he goes to a team that has a QB capable of thinking more quickly, is able to make accurate pre snap reads, can redirect his OL and can deliver the ball accurately on time.  Mac Jones is ready.

Like Manning in Denver? It’s always someone else’s fault isn’t it 

• Upvote 2