Tom Brady Retires

doitny

I have a friend from Michigan who is a huge Lions fan.  We've commiserated over the years about our football teams, calling the Lions the NFC version of the Jets and vice versa.  We spent years lamenting that our divisions were being ruled for more than a decade by two of the greatest QBs of all time in Brady and Aaron Rodgers.  He just sent me this text...

"Well, looks like it took Matthew Stafford to put the final nail in Brady's coffin.  You're welcome.  Uhhh wait.  this didn't help the Jets or the Lions!  F**k us!"

lol

• Haha 4

I wonder if Bruce Arians stays.  Leftwich looks like a likely departure as OC.  Brady gone, team not in the best Cap space, etc.

That could become yet another HC opening but my guess is that BA does not abandon them this late.  But who knows!

As for Godwin (mentioned above)... let's do it.  Injury concern aside if his medicals check out then perhaps the Jets get him relatively cheap and he joins the season around Week 8.... right when the Jets are 4-4 so that he can help the playoff push. :D 

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

hes next. i dont see him coaching too much longer. 

i wonder if Tom stayed in NE if Bill would have retired with him

I think BB really wants one more successful season with a QB not named Brady.

If he think Mac Jones can truly grow and get better next year then maybe BB tries to end his career with consecutive playoff berths with a brand new QB.

Standing in his way.... our NY Jets!  Let's ruin that plan for BB.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I wonder if Bruce Arians stays.  Leftwich looks like a likely departure as OC.  Brady gone, team not in the best Cap space, etc.

That could become yet another HC opening but my guess is that BA does not abandon them this late.  But who knows!

As for Godwin (mentioned above)... let's do it.  Injury concern aside if his medicals check out then perhaps the Jets get him relatively cheap and he joins the season around Week 8.... right when the Jets are 4-4 so that he can help the playoff push. :D 

9 month rehab he COULD be back by Week 1. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think BB really wants one more successful season with a QB not named Brady.

If he think Mac Jones can truly grow and get better next year then maybe BB tries to end his career with consecutive playoff berths with a brand new QB.

Standing in his way.... our NY Jets!  Let's ruin that plan for BB.

Concur. He’s a spiteful SOB, he’s gunning for another SB.