Tom Brady Retires

doitny

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Friend of mine ran into Jeter's sister at a function and they got along "well".  Took a photo together with her.  He asked me about Derek Jeter. Was he any good he asked ???  He knows ZERO about sports.  I said Jeter is the greatest sports figure in the NY area in 50 years.    But imagine not knowing.

Jeter was the greatest in what way?  He wasn't even the best player on his own team.  Rivera was the greatest closer ever and the reason the Yankees won as much they did. Jeter was Paul Molitor in pinstripes - a great singles hitter and an average shortstop who should get down on his knees every day and thank God he played for the Yankees and not .....Milwaukee or Seattle or Texas or .. any other team.  The idolization of Jeter is as faulty as the constant reference to Brady as the GOAT.  You don't measure greatness in team sports based on the good fortune of having played on championship teams.  Brady and Jeter were similarly incredibly fortunate to have played on great teams, but both get disproportionate credit for those championships.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Surprised he's not going to go out with an insufferable goodbye tour like Jeter.

He probably wanted to, but the schefter ruined it for him by leaking the news

So now he's saying NEVERMIND

• Upvote 2

Brady isn’t the GOAT. I know he has 7 rings including last year when he changed teams went to the Bucs who had a losing record and took them to the SB. I know what you’re going to say what else do you want. Plus he has an incredible record bringing teams from behind to win in the last minute like he just did against us. But I’ll take Marino in terms of pure talent at the QB position. Brady is more in the category of a Montana which is great but not GOAT. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:
LMFAO!

I have to be honest.  I did seem a bit unbrady like do this like this without all the fan fare.  I'm sure Tommy Boy wanted to milk this before retiring.  I was really giving him credit.  

Seems that's not the case.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I dont get all the love from Jets fans for a guy who participated in the cheating and was aided by the league repeatedly. I would not be surprised in the least if years later we find out that he took performance enhancing drugs

Oh he’s been on HGH for decades. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’d prefer if Tom played a few years too long and let the league beat the sh*t out of him. 

This - I wanted to see him leave getting crushed the way Marino got crushed in his last game against Jacksonville in the playoffs.  Maybe I'm sick, but it is one of my favorite football memories. And I'm a geezer (64.)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

This - I wanted to see him leave getting crushed the way Marino got crushed in his last game against Jacksonville in the playoffs.  Maybe I'm sick, but it is one of my favorite football memories. And I'm a geezer (64.)

You bitter old f*ck. Get over it. 

Lol I’m 62 and would have loved to see him get crushed. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Brady gets paid 15m if he’s on the Bucs on 2/4/22.

He and his family are “undecided” until 2/5, and then will decide to retire once the funds hit his account.

This!!!! Schefter wasn’t wrong, just jumped the gun 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I loved that one too.  62-7.   Having your opponent break the 60 point barrier is an ugly stain. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

We'll get back to you after these messages!?

Nobody knows what Brady is doing.

However I personally wish that Gronk would go away.

Seriously do we really need a guy on Planet Earth that we call Gronk!?

Hey what's your name man!?

Gronk-

Works for this dude.  image.jpeg.7233c0f2bd2c9e1658d2f11de8d8a0a9.jpeg