I’ve lost all respect for DK Metcalf

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I too like eating rubber with ranch dressing on it

If the calamari you're eating chews like rubber it isn't prepared correctly. While it will have some chewy nature, it shouldn't chew like rubber at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I bet he pronounces it cal-a-mar-i.  With 4 syllables.

Real Italians just 3. :)

We have a place down here with pretty good fried calamari. I usually sit at the bar during happy hour with a few friends.

The two girls who work the bar would always make fun of my NY accent, but when  I ordered “galamad” they had no idea what I meant. My buddy said he wants the cal a mary. 
We had a lot of fun trying to teach them how pronounce things like “gabagol” and other Italian foods.

To this day whenever I come in, they ask, “you havin’ da galamad today?”

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

California taxes suck, but the thing that broke me and the main reason I’m leaving is because every one dips their pizza in ranch dressing here. It wasn’t just Sanchez. I’ve had enough. 

Ranch dressing shouldn't even be on the list of reasons why anyone would want to leave Cali... lmao

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So about 15 years ago I’m up at Syracuse for a football game. Afterwards we head over to Marshall St. for what I’m told is great pizza.
I go to the counter to pay for my pie, and the cashier asks me “do you want blue cheese or ranch dressing?” 
I told her “neither, I ordered a pie, not wings…”  then I look around the dining area and everyone is dipping their slice into one or the other before every bite. I’m like “WTF?” She tells me “it’s a thing up here.” 
@playtowinthegame why?

Blue cheese on pizza can be gluttonously delicious.  

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Possibly some marinara? 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Ranch?  You fu*king heathen.    Salt and a bit of fresh lemon juice if it's prepared well.

Ok so Calamari is hard to make at home. 

I take U-10 shrimp, flour and baking powder, fry and serve with Vincent’s hot marinara. 

I feel like Little Italy circa 1980. Sans hitmen. 

Before Little Italy became China Town. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Should be a crime to serve WITH ranch. Capital punishment being the only sentence. 

He who puts Ranch dressing on Calamad meets the same fate as Sal “ Big Pussy” Bonpensiero of the Sopranos 

DK Metcalf stay in Seattle and drink overpriced soy milk lattes

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember my mom not allowing us to pronounce it incorrectly.  She was full Italian….. 

To my mom someone who wasn’t Italian, was an  “Amerigan” and we were always told they  “didn’t have our ways…”

She would shake her head if I dated someone who wasn’t Italian. She’d always say “Have fun, just don’t marry her.” I should have listened. ?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The whole scungilli / conch thing I got into with the “Southern belle” I’m dating is a classic story for another time btw.

Just imagine Ellie Mae Clampett meets Goodfellas and you’ll get the gist.

Im dating a gal from Ohio.  She’s finally figured out… I don’t give a Fukk, really doesn’t mean I don’t care.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2