I’ve lost all respect for DK Metcalf

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So about 15 years ago I’m up at Syracuse for a football game. Afterwards we head over to Marshall St. for what I’m told is great pizza.
I go to the counter to pay for my pie, and the cashier asks me “do you want blue cheese or ranch dressing?” 
I told her “neither, I ordered a pie, not wings…”  then I look around the dining area and everyone is dipping their slice into one or the other before every bite. I’m like “WTF?” She tells me “it’s a thing up here.” 
@playtowinthegame why?

Went to school in the North Country about an hour north of Syracuse.  It is most definitely a thing.  A gross thing! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I had a whole grilled Branzino for diner tonight with Fried Calamari (Galama) as the appetizer from the local Italian restaurant. No joke.  Ate the Calamari with a little salt and lemon.  It was delicious . My family eats calamari every Christmas Eve as one of the 7 fishes.  It is cooked in tomato sauce for that meal, not fried.  It is the best part of the meal.  I used to love the baccala back in the day, which was served in a puttanesca sauce, but we stopped making it after my mother passed away. It is too hard to prepare with everyone working (putting the fish in water to soak for three days and changing the water).  

I know fried  calamari is good but all I ever taste is breading and sauce.  I really prefer it grilled. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I guess you've never had it Marinara

Yes, I have. I'm one of those people  that if you put it in front of me, I will eat it or at least taste it. Never could figure out why people are grossed out by snails, they are great with garlic and oil. I really do prefer it grilled and plenty of people have tried it with me and told me they will never order it fried again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

So all this talk about being Italian made me go look at my 23 and Me results for the first time in a couple of years.  It’s really interesting how genetic lineage works although it’s also one of those things that they could be just making it all up and I would not know the difference.

In addition to just your percentages, (I’m 56.9% Italian and 38.9% British/Irish although I grew up “Italian”) there’s a lot of information that you could spend hours going through. 

One cool thing is that they list all your genetic relatives.  I currently have 1500 connections to other 23 and Me customers, all the way down to 5th cousins.

This has led to a conundrum though….

K. Cangelosi is a newly discovered 2nd cousin, and although I’ve never met her, just looking at her picture, I kinda want to bang her….

47CE1300-D88B-45BD-9C2F-A7D4AA3B570D.thumb.png.154a5edbfa39c91c88a99ad8bac11597.png

Is that wrong?

If you do decide that this presents a moral conundrum for you, send me her number and I'll try to hook up with her.  Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

For all you pro-calamari nutjobs.. 

I give you two choices,

A - Lightly peppered fried calamari and banana peppers w/ Smoked Tomato Aioli

Or 

B - Steak 

How badly you willing to die on that hill?

Go outside after you eat your chicken strips at the kids table with the wobbly leg. Any adult with even moderate food  IQ knows the answer is both. Calamari is typically an appetizer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Go outside after you eat your chicken strips at the kids table with the wobbly leg. Any adult with even moderate food IQ knows the answer is both. Calamari is typically an appetizer. 

Im aware.

I've forgotten more about food than this collective board will ever know. 

But if you had to choose. What would it be. 

• Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I give you two choices,

Or 

B - Steak 

Steak, that’s easy. No brainer. 

Now if you ask me Steak or pasta with a good home style meat sauce….I’m in a bit of a pickle, but the pasta is gonna come out on top. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Steak, that’s easy. No brainer. 

Now if you ask me Steak or pasta with a good home style meat sauce….I’m in a bit of a pickle, but the pasta is gonna come out on top. 

That would be a tougher choice for damn sure. 

I actually am in the process of converting to a meat based diet, cutting all carbs, so obviously pasta getting the axe has made me want to jump off a bridge so far. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I give you two choices,

Or 

B - Steak 

Rhode Island style calamari? Blech.

I’ll take the ribeye.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I know fried  calamari is good but all I ever taste is breading and sauce.  I really prefer it grilled. 

Yup, sane with octopus - grill it!

If all I want is something breaded and fried to dip in marinara… mozzarella sticks are just fine.

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So about 15 years ago I’m up at Syracuse for a football game. Afterwards we head over to Marshall St. for what I’m told is great pizza.
I go to the counter to pay for my pie, and the cashier asks me “do you want blue cheese or ranch dressing?” 
I told her “neither, I ordered a pie, not wings…”  then I look around the dining area and everyone is dipping their slice into one or the other before every bite. I’m like “WTF?” She tells me “it’s a thing up here.” 
@playtowinthegame why?

Lol, I'm not going to lie, I never noticed that. I'm with you dude, I only dip my wings in blue cheese, and even with my wings I don't always eat them with blue cheese. Perhaps I'll go to Acropolis Pizza some night soon and see if what you claim is really a thing.

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

@playtowinthegame why?

I've lived in Syracuse all my life. It's absolutely NOT a thing up here.

24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Southern palates haven't evolved beyond those of 6 year olds. No sophistication whatsoever.

Meh, i was born in Brooklyn, raised in the south, have experience eating both, family is full blooded Sicilians from Bay Ridge, southern food is fattier but much much tastier in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Southern palates haven't evolved beyond those of 6 year olds. No sophistication whatsoever.

That’s simply not true. I think you’re actually commenting on the average American palate - which is largely informed by means and access. We raise generations in mass produced bread and cheese. What can you expect?

The South has tiers of cuisine. Just like any other part of the country.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I actually am in the process of converting to a meat based diet, cutting all carbs, so obviously pasta getting the axe has made me want to jump off a bridge so far. 

I lost 60lbs and beat diabetes with this diet.  Still doing it.  Haven't had a potato in 3 years.  Cauliflower crust pizza was a godsend.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Why are you cutting all carbs? Not judging, just curious. What outcome are you looking for?

11 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I lost 60lbs and beat diabetes with this diet.  Still doing it.  Haven't had a potato in 3 years.  Cauliflower crust pizza was a godsend.

Jesus. Congrats! I need to cut some weight before I set off down that road, so that's why I did the switch myself!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

@playtowinthegame why?

I have to back this up. 

I have a long history in the food and beverage industry. If you could invent a shelf stable ranch that tasted good and wouldnt give you food poisoning, then put it out with the ketchup and mustard on a table...

Instant millions of dollars. 

• Upvote 2