I’ve lost all respect for DK Metcalf

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

No truer words, I read it as calamad regardless of it being spelled calamari, which is undoubtedly a misspelling.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I bet he pronounces it cal-a-mar-i.  With 4 syllables.

Real Italians just 3. :)

It’s galamad . It’s Rigote. It’s muzzallele.  It’s prosciutt. It’s parmigian. It’s Gopagol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

So about 15 years ago I’m up at Syracuse for a football game. Afterwards we head over to Marshall St. for what I’m told is great pizza.
I go to the counter to pay for my pie, and the cashier asks me “do you want blue cheese or ranch dressing?” 
I told her “neither, I ordered a pie, not wings…”  then I look around the dining area and everyone is dipping their slice into one or the other before every bite. I’m like “WTF?” She tells me “it’s a thing up here.” 
@playtowinthegame why?

Yeah going to school in Oswego got me hooked on dipping pizza in blue cheese.  In Oneonta they do "cold cheese" on top so when you get the slice they pile it with cold shredded parm on top.  Strangely addictive when highly intoxicated.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Origen said:

Yeah going to school in Oswego got me hooked on dipping pizza in blue cheese.  In Oneonta they do "cold cheese" on top so when you get the slice they pile it with cold shredded parm on top.  Strangely addictive when highly intoxicated.

This post got me thinking about food I’ve never eaten sober, but I craved back in the day when buzzed.

The first two that come to mind are Jack in the Box tacos and White Castle burgers.

Oops one more… extra crispy steak fries with brown gravy in a diner.

• Upvote 2

It’s galamad . It’s Rigote. It’s muzzallele.  It’s prosciutt. It’s parmigian. It’s Gopagol. 

I go to Burger King saw they had stix. I go let me get some Muzzarelle stix. She goes who?what.?I go muzarelle stix I wanna try them. She goes what are you asking for. I go I’m sorry. Motts a rella stix.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Lol ur nuts its food of the gods. Me? Whole over a wood burning bbq. Frying is a sin its for picky puss@@s

Lol, just having fun.

Im the Warfish. I eat all the baits, lol.

Although I will admit, I prefer fried clams to fried squid.

Just no oysters. That is a food I never developed a taste for.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

We have a place down here with pretty good fried calamari. I usually sit at the bar during happy hour with a few friends.

The two girls who work the bar would always make fun of my NY accent, but when  I ordered “galamad” they had no idea what I meant. My buddy said he wants the cal a mary. 
We had a lot of fun trying to teach them how pronounce things like “gabagol” and other Italian foods.

To this day whenever I come in, they ask, “you havin’ da galamad today?”

Can I ask you WTF is Gabagol?  I have eaten  in dozens of authentic  italian restaurants  when I lived in Gravesend Brooklyn. There was a mafia hangout across  the street (It was hilarious. They did everything to keep it a secret but everyone knew what it was) from where I lived, and never saw it or heard of it until I started to watch the Sopranos.  

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Can I ask you WTF is Gabagol?  I have eaten  in dozens of authentic  italian restaurants  when I lived in Gravesend Brooklyn. There was a mafia hangout across  the street (It was hilarious. They did everything to keep it a secret but everyone knew what it was) from where I lived, and never saw it or heard of it until I started to watch the Sopranos.  

Cappicola… An Italian ham.

• Upvote 1

LOL most 'calamari' sold in America for a LONG time was fake. What was fake calamari made from you ask? I'm glad you asked. Sliced pig anus. Yup. They brought both real calamari and 'bung' calamari onto a cooking show and they couldn't tell which one was fake. The pig calamari was deemed a bit more chewy (rubbery?) but otherwise delicious.

Now that the company that was responsible for shipping TONS of cheap bung 'calamari' to restaurants all across America (for years) has been busted, you're probably safe.

Probably.

Enjoy!