How long do you all think the Jets will be legit contenders for the playoffs on a year in and year out basis.

Option 1: 2 years once Joe Douglas builds around Zach Wilson just enough and Saleh gets more used to being a head coach.

Option 2: 3 years that way Zach Wilson matures as quarterback and doesn't make that many mistakes anymore and some of the players who were drafted with him would be more adjusted.

Option 3: The Jets manage to sneak in every other year and then slowly make a consistent run that gives us all hope again. Sort of like what the Buffalo Bills are at right now.

(Please Choose the best option you think that would best work out because we are all as a fanbase tired of not making it to the postseason and thinking about the draft way too early)

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

And so its very end of Jan and its come to this. We have not sniffed the playoffs in forever... we are coming off two disasterous seasons. The playoffs are approximately as close to us as the moon. And now we are expecter to predict how long we will be in orbit.

Have you ever seen Apollo 13?

If the plan works ... every year for 20 years.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

“If” Zach Wilson turns out to be a legit QB then every year. If he isn’t then when ever we draft a good QB.

This but when BB burns out.  The Dolphins are their own worst enemy, but the Jets will have a tough time with Allens Bills and BB’s Patriots. 

Predicting is so hard these days especially with the Jets!!!!

I will not say this team will be fixed in one year because it won't be at all. This team is starting to finally look like a team little by little, but they need to address other holes this team has still in order to get to the next level. The way Joe Douglas has approached this team is a way nobody expected to happen or to be. 

I believe in two year this team will get to the next level!!!! After this draft which they have a total of 9 picks, they can address some of the needs. Its the following year that they will have addressed every need and this will be a young team with a low salary cap. 

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Whats wrong w 2022 ?

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

Do you really type out that signature every post… ? 

Anyway, I think being in the WC hunt could be a possibility this season if not a probability. Jets will once again be one of the (if not the) youngest teams in the league. Probably have another four or five rookies in starting roles. It’ll be less of a learning curve with the systems already installed, but a learning curve nonetheless.

It’ll come down to Zach. If he takes a giant leap, they’ll compete. If he steps forward, they’ll hover around .500. If he stays the same or regresses, the GM and HC seats will start to heat up rather quickly. This is the primary reason I think JD will try to trade down and get himself an extra first round pick in 2023, to have some QB-acquiring ammo on hand just in case. 

15 minutes ago, AL047 said:

This team is starting to finally look like a team little by little, but they need to address other holes this team has still in order to get to the next level. 

I believe in two year this team will get to the next level!!!! After this draft which they have a total of 9 picks, they can address some of the needs. Its the following year that they will have addressed every need and this will be a young team with a low salary cap. 

Absolutely. If ZW totally craps out, the rebuild will be stalled, again. But a rebuild is a rebuild, not an immediate finished product.

• Upvote 1

The Jets draft like crap and have talent evaluators that are not good at evaluating talent. Until that changes, because the ownership is not, the Jets will continue to be bad. Unless Douglas has an A+++ offseason, nailing every draft pick the Jets will be a 5-7 win team in 2022. The 2020 draft was fireable alone and last years was just OK. You need to be better.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Do you really type out that signature every post… ? 

Anyway, I think being in the WC hunt could be a possibility this season if not a probability. Jets will once again be one of the (if not the) youngest teams in the league. Probably have another four or five rookies in starting roles. It’ll be less of a learning curve with the systems already installed, but a learning curve nonetheless.

It’ll come down to Zach. If he takes a giant leap, they’ll compete. If he steps forward, they’ll hover around .500. If he stays the same or regresses, the GM and HC seats will start to heat up rather quickly. This is the primary reason I think JD will try to trade down and get himself an extra first round pick in 2023, to have some QB-acquiring ammo on hand just in case. 
Agree.

... my signature is stuck in tapatalk ... and im too old to care ... ill have to figure it out.

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Too many upgrades to still make. Young guys going to have to come along and gel. It's going to take time. I think 2024 is more likely than 2023.

Don't fool yourself 65. Turn-arounds happen fast,once they are set in motion. Zach's offseason this year will go a long ways to determining that. 8 wins should come pretty easy in 2022. 2 more wins and the Jets are contending for a playoff berth. More than anything else that will rest on the Jets patching the holes on Defense.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

We will get in the playoffs next season as a wild card but lose. But the following season we’ll get back to the playoffs as a legit contender. Stay tuned. 

I love this!  But being that we will be the youngest team in the nfl next year and be playing more rookies then any other team, I think we are still a year away from the playoffs.  I see anywhere from 7-9 wins next year.  Then in 2023, watch out !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

Don't fool yourself 65. Turn-arounds happen fast,once they are set in motion. Zach's offseason this year will go a long ways to determining that. 8 wins should come pretty easy in 2022. 2 more wins and the Jets are contending for a playoff berth. More than anything else that will rest on the Jets patching the holes on Defense.

I like it.