*** NFL Gameday 01/30 *** Road to the super bowl ***

Beerfish

Think Andy Dalton is taking the Bengals this far, even with Chase?

No, but I don’t think Burrow gets this far without Chase and a healthy Mixon. Offense is light years better. Between the two of them 2500 yds and 26 touchdowns. Just by Chase being on the field improves the offense dramatically because coverage rolls his way…which helps the running game and gives other receivers better matchups.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The big catch in OT was by Tee Higgins, so....

Chase is a fantastic WR.  But somehow JN posters are using that against Burrow, who has been a top 8 or even top 5 QB all year in his 2nd year in the league, coming off a rookie season derailed by an ACL tear.  Even if the Bengals had lost today, Burrow's place among the league's elite QB's would still be secure.

It's absurd when Jets fans try to do to "take down" other QB's.

It’s equally absurd to think that the QB is the only thing that matters.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I disagree because JD has resources this coming draft and FA to really improve this team. And we all know this roster STILL sucks.

you disagree b/c we have the draft capital and cap? That doesn't make sense. I said we do need those pieces, but it's "Def-Con 3"... If Zach takes a step forward, Wilson/Carter/Moore/Davis/Berrios isn't THAT bad. You make it sound like someone just shut down the containment tank at the Ghostbusters firehall. We need to sign a boundary guy like Mike Williams in FA... we need to draft a beast TE - and find a compliment later for Carter... All i'm saying is, its not "Break in case of Emergency"  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The big catch in OT was by Tee Higgins, so....

Chase is a fantastic WR.  But somehow JN posters are using that against Burrow, who has been a top 8 or even top 5 QB all year in his 2nd year in the league, coming off a rookie season derailed by an ACL tear.  Even if the Bengals had lost today, Burrow's place among the league's elite QB's would still be secure.

It's absurd when Jets fans try to do to "take down" other QB's.

Not taking down Burrow at all. I agree he is a top QB. To me though Chase in his first year is already a top WR and without him the Bengals are not playing for a Super Bowl.

Agree to disagree I guess

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

Jets chose the wrong year to be mediocre it seems

That's why as a GM, you should do everything you can to put a winning team on the field every year and never mail the season in, because you never know what can happen. Douglas should be fired just for the GP of the Bengals making the Super Bowl while the Jets didn't even have a winning record.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, shawn306 said:

Not taking down Burrow at all. I agree he is a top QB. To me though Chase in his first year is already a top WR and without him the Bengals are not playing for a Super Bowl.

Agree to disagree I guess

Burrow is a top QB and Chase is a top WR.

The problem is you have people seriously arguing Andy Dalton could take this Bengals team to a SB just like Burrow is doing.

That tells me people are just trying to rationalize how the Jets can get to a SB if Wilson continues to be a bad or disappointing QB.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I gave up gambling back in the 80.  Got tired of losing on 1/2 points or insane swings.  Vegas/bookies always know.

I gave up gambling when New England came back vs the Falcons that beat made me miserable. lol  I'll bet 20 bucks on parlays and fantasy but that's were it ends.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tfine said:

No, but I don’t think Burrow gets this far without Chase and a healthy Mixon. Offense is light years better. Between the two of them 2500 yds and 26 touchdowns. Just by Chase being on the field improves the offense dramatically because coverage rolls his way…which helps the running game and gives other receivers better matchups.

Wow, that is a harsh indictment of Douglas. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It's also absurd to think that's what I have been saying.

It's also absurd to live in Iowa.

That kind of is what you are saying, it’s kind of what you always say.  You get so riled up when anyone questions something you say.

I’ve  heard every Iowa joke on the face of the earth, it’s going to take more than that to bother me.  Hell, @peebag knows about 90% of them

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you disagree b/c we have the draft capital and cap? That doesn't make sense. I said we do need those pieces, but it's "Def-Con 3"... If Zach takes a step forward, Wilson/Carter/Moore/Davis/Berrios isn't THAT bad. You make it sound like someone just shut down the containment tank at the Ghostbusters firehall. We need to sign a boundary guy like Mike Williams in FA... we need to draft a beast TE - and find a compliment later for Carter... All i'm saying is, its not "Break in case of Emergency"  

Dude you just proved my point. We NEED pieces - WR Wiilams…love it! Beast TE McBride …Love it! Beast Edge… Thibs/Hutchinson.   And there’s room for plenty more with the plethora of picks and cash available. This is the year to make a move!  No reason JD can’t add 2 WR’s, 2 TE’s, a FB, a RB, 2 LB’s, a safety, a guard, a tackle. We got the money we got the cash. This is the year to turn over the roster. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

. Mahomes made a ton of bad plays in 2nd half. He was clearly frazzled. Kudos to Cincy

PRESSURE Causes QB's to make errors... Hopefully the Jets can draft a top pass rusher this year & Lawson heals 100%. 

Bucs did the same to Mahomes last year in the SB.

• Upvote 1