*** NFL Gameday 01/30 *** Road to the super bowl ***

Beerfish

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Ironically, I think Jimmy G is Wilson's ceiling. 

I would say in that neighborhood, but I’d say a bit north of that.  I think Wilson is a better athlete and has a better arm.  I was trying to think the other day who Wilson’s best case scenario might be after watching this year.  It’s hard to say.  Kirk Cousins maybe?  It’s tough. Alex Smith?  Jimmy G is probably about right though.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I would say in that neighborhood, but I’d say a bit north of that.  I think Wilson is a better athlete and has a better arm.  I was trying to think the other day who Wilson’s best case scenario might be after watching this year.  It’s hard to say.  Kirk Cousins maybe?  It’s tough. Alex Smith?  Jimmy G is probably about right though.

They are different players.  Wilson wants to drive the ball downfield more.  Jimmy g is more of a sustained drive guy.  

• Upvote 2

And this is why you don’t trust QBs like Garoppolo. Give him an elite offensive line, an elite offensive play-caller, an elite skill position group and an elite defense, and he can only go as far as his team can carry him. He doesn't make them better, he holds them back. Meanwhile, Joe Burrow is in the Super Bowl with a terrible offensive line and a defense ranking 19th in DVOA.

If there's one lesson to take from this game and these entire playoffs, it's that elite QBs elevate flawed teams while average QBs limit great ones.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I agree. I think Wilson is more “toolsy” than Jimmy G, but caliber of player wise, I think that’s the ceiling.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

I would be surprise if it was more then a FG neither team is great.

Not the style of football that I like, but this is what the NFL wants and it is exciting.

A little too college. Player centric, not team; not for me. Rams might be buying a title. It is what it is. Maybe that is what the JETs did in the AFL and I was just too young and naive to see it.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Not the style of football that I like, but this is what the NFL wants and it is exciting.

A little too college. Player centric, not team; not for me. Rams might be buying a title. It is what it is. Maybe that is what the JETs did in the AFL and I was just too young and naive to see it.  

Yeah it does feel like that....there was a few epic games but most of this playoff season has been sloppy football by average teams.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think Derek Carr on a good day is about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But this one did.  :)

The team carried him that far, and if they made a few more plays they would have carried him to the superbowl.  Do you think I think Jimmy G is a superbowl worthy QB?  Even if he was one play from winning one a few years ago?

Why are you treating this like you think it's all or nothing.  You either have a QB that's great and you're great, or you don't and your team stinks.  It's just not true.

You treat football like it's a singles tennis tournament with everyone but the QB merely relegated to training staff or shoe shiners.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Looked like Niners lost it rather than Rams won it. 

3rd & Goal at SF 3

(6:53 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle intended for C.Kupp INTERCEPTED by J.Ward (K.Williams) at SF 0. J.Ward to SF 23 for 23 yards (R.Havenstein).

4th & 8 at SF 36

(1:50 - 2nd) M.Gay 54 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-M.Orzech, Holder-J.Hekker.

I see it as Rams almost beat themselves.

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Say what? Carr sucks. What has he really accomplished. Absolutely nothing. 

There are tons of good qbs that do not accomplish anything....until all of a sudden they do. 

Also every year there is 1 winner and 31 losers in the NFL at seasons end.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

The team carried him that far, and if they made a few more plays they would have carried him to the superbowl.  Do you think I think Jimmy G is a superbowl worthy QB?  Even if he was one play from winning one a few years ago?

Why are you treating this like you think it's all or nothing.  You either have a QB that's great and you're great, or you don't and your team stinks.  It's just not true.

Because Garrapollo has this propensity for making bonehead plays at critical times over and over and over again. And it never gets any better. He nearly handed the Divisional Playoff Game to Green Bay last week. He is the kind of player that keeps both sides in the game. Garrapollo is finished with the 9ers. Its Trey Lance or bust next year. He will either be traded or cut. But don't you worry, there will be some sucky NFL Franchise that will pick him up next year.

Garappolo is no world beater but he takes more flake than he should.  He is what he is, a limited guy who cannot win you a game but he has had a lot of success in this league and gone to a super bowl.

Look at our fan base, people fell all over themselves about craptacular mark sanchez for two or three years.

Jimmy G beat a 12 win and 13 win team and barely lost this last game.  His last gaff looks pretty bad but stattord handed a free int that was dropped and mahommes handed the game to the bengals with an int.

Jimmy G will be gone in favor of lance no doubt.

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There are tons of good qbs that do not accomplish anything....until all of a sudden they do. 

Also every year there is 1 winner and 31 losers in the NFL at seasons end.

Yea ok but Zach’s ceiling has to be better than what Carr has produced. He’s just an average QB. Good guy but there’s a lot of good guys in the league who just aren’t elite.