Bengals proving 5 year rebuilds are BS

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

I was watching the Giants new GMs presser and two things stood out....he said he doesn't believe in tear downs and the coaching staff should be full of coaches with experience which is the opposite of what we are doing.  I'm not saying there's a right way to rebuild but if the Giants are contenders before the Jets we are gonna look pretty stupid. 

Tear Downs are stupid 

unless you are a master drafter and have a qb

our drafting under JD is mixed and our qb is average to bad at this point 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Tear Downs are stupid 

unless you are a master drafter and have a qb

our drafting under JD is mixed and our qb is average to bad at this point 

Yeah they are unnecessary you can draft well and win games at the same time there's no reason to suck for 5 years so you can pick 5 instead of 15.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D doesnt need 5 years.  We just completed year 1 of the rebuild.  By 2023 we are going to be one of the best teams in the league.

Joe I'm not saying this to dump on JD, RS or the Team but the Jets will have hurdles to overcome that other teams don't namely a Big One in their own Division...The Buffalo Bills. They will arguably be one of the top teams in the Conference including the Bengals and the Chiefs. Being in the Division that means the Jets will have to beat them twice every year. I expect the Dolphins to fall apart in the next two years but they could have some gas in the tank next year which won't make them an easy mark. Mumbles will keep the Patsies competitive which means they will be fighting for a Wild Card berth until he retires and that could be a few years away. Can the Jets beat the Patsies twice next year with the team they are fielding?

As I have said elsewhere I want to see Wilson engineer a 2 Minute Drive to come from behind to win and then see Saleh manage the clock to preserve a win before I'm ready to declare the Jets a contender.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is not correct, cincy did a LOT of building in previous years before getting burrow.  Mixon, tee higgins, boyd, etc

I mean I get where you're going, but wasn't Higgins in the burrow draft though??  The point is the jets gotta load up on talent, specifically on offense. Also helps that Hendrickson is a demon on the edge and they've got 3 legit #1 receivers on the team. 

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D doesnt need 5 years.  We just completed year 1 of the rebuild.  By 2023 we are going to be one of the best teams in the league.

Jets just completed year 2 of JD's roster tear down and his stated philosophy of building through the draft.

They also got lucky - KC should have beaten them and this was a weird year in the AFC. They may even win it all - good for them.

1. as pointed out before, they started their rebuild the previous year

2. this is the third year with the HC and scheme - had we waited a year to draft QB (which is good that we didn't considering who is available this year), Zack would have had a better start

3. just because it only took 3 years, doesn't mean that everyone can do it that quickly. By Saleh's 3rd year (assuming he makes it) we will hopefully be in the playoffs - who knows maybe next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

In two year they went from number one overall pick to possibly in the super bowl

JD, your plan doesn’t need 5 years 

Been saying that all along.  JD has done nothing to improve the team.  They were awful three years ago, two years ago and this year as well.   And they will be awful again next year.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Kevin proving once again he is a cry baby who has no ideas what he is talking about

Kevin would have fired the Bengals coach after his first 2 years 

Have I ever called for Saleh to be fired? 

So what is your point? You must enjoy losing 

The Bengals with the first and fifth picks took Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. The Jets with the 2nd and 4th picks are going to end up with Zach Wilson and Karlaftis or Ekwonu.  

Joe Mixon was picked after Marcus Maye in their draft.  

Joe Burrow was the Ohio player of the year in HS.  The renamed his HS stadium after him.  OSU mis-used him, he transferred to LSU and won the Heisman.   He is the real deal.  Zach Wilson was a HS recruiting afterthought who almost was benched at BYU.

Through bad luck and bad management the Jets are in a tough spot.  

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Bengals with the first and fifth picks took Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase. The Jets with the 2nd and 4th picks are going to end up with Zach Wilson and Karlaftis or Ekwonu.  

Joe Mixon was picked after Marcus Maye in their draft.  

Joe Burrow was the Ohio player of the year in HS.  The renamed his HS stadium after him.  OSU mis-used him, he transferred to LSU and won the Heisman.   He is the real deal.  Zach Wilson was a HS recruiting afterthought who almost was benched at BYU.

Through bad luck and bad management the Jets are in a tough spot.  

Chuck Norris is in awe of Joe Burrow 

Zach looked terrible for a large part of the season but he did cut down on the turnovers as the season progressed.  He also didn't really have the benefit of playing with the same line or skill players at any point.  If he's what Saleh and JD says he is, and the Jets have a good FA and draft, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs next year.  

• Upvote 3