Zach needs to use his legs

yvj

It has to be a part of the game plan from now on. In hindsight, it seems incredible there were no designed plays for him to run. It's not like he is a statue back there. 

He’ll die. Possibly quite literally. He’s diminutive in stature. His legs should be used to get away from trouble, never as a runner like Mahomes or Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He’ll die. Possibly quite literally. He’s diminutive in stature. His legs should be used to get away from trouble, never as a runner like Mahomes or Allen.

I understand what you're saying but there could be designed runs that are relatively safe for QB. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, yvj said:

It has to be a part of the game plan from now on. In hindsight, it seems incredible there were no designed plays for him to run. It's not like he is a statue back there. 

LaFleur needs to dial up some RPO for Zach. He is never going to be Josh Allen, but he doesn't have to be. 

• Upvote 1

I understand what you're saying but there could be designed runs that are relatively safe for QB. 

Until Zach can learn to be trusted to do the right thing out there in all phases mentally I wouldn’t ever want him on designed runs if I had any faith in him becoming a long term QB for us. Me personally, I think he sucks so I mean yeah let’s run the wishbone ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Hahahahaaaaa you’re consistent if nothing else. 
Same size as Rogers, bigger than Brees Murray Baker blah blah blah. 
Haters going to hate. 

[/url]  

Kyler Murray is built like a brick sh*thouse. Drew Brees wouldn’t have much of a career if he tried running either. Rodgers I’ll give you in terms of size, but Rodgers is also incredibly intelligent. Zach, not so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

It’s funny you talking about relative intelligence. You can’t even shut off your iPhone signature. 

I haven’t felt the need to. Does it bother you? Oh and to your other post, yes Kyler is not a good QB. He has the legs and physical build to compensate. Zach doesn’t. You really wanna see Zach Wilson running like Josh Allen? You love the guy, that’s really what you wanna see? I’m with you, we should run him a lot! See, we agree!

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Kyler Murray is built like a brick sh*thouse. Drew Brees wouldn’t have much of a career if he tried running either. Rodgers I’ll give you in terms of size, but Rodgers is also incredibly intelligent. Zach, not so much.

Everyone who interviewed him predraft listed intelligence as a strength.  

This will age as well as the JN takes he’s not elusive or athletic lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The op is correct, you need to make defense pay and run when you can, you have to make them defend everything,  If there are gaping holes to run for and you do not do it you doing the D a huge favor .....oh and saying a qb has to run does not mean you have to take huge shots all the time.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

I haven’t felt the need to. Does it bother you? Oh and to your other post, yes Kyler is not a good QB. He has the legs and physical build to compensate. Zach doesn’t. You really wanna see Zach Wilson running like Josh Allen? You love the guy, that’s really what you wanna see? I’m with you, we should run him a lot! See, we agree!

Holee hyperbole. Where have you seen ANYONE say we want him to run like Josh Allen. So silly. So stupid. 

We get it, you hate the QB of the New York Jets. 

Pathetic. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Beerfish said:

The op is correct, you need to make defense pay and run when you can, you have to make them defend everything,  If there are gaping holes to run for and you do not do it you doing the D a huge favor .....oh and saying a qb has to run does not mean you have to take huge shots all the time.

I think against Jacksonville they discovered Zach could run for free against man.  

Tampa tried to avoid that look.  

That’s good stuff but don’t call it, just take it when it’s there IMO 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Until Zach can learn to be trusted to do the right thing out there in all phases mentally I wouldn’t ever want him on designed runs if I had any faith in him becoming a long term QB for us. Me personally, I think he sucks so I mean yeah let’s run the wishbone ?

This makes no sense. 

• Upvote 4

Holee hyperbole. Where have you seen ANYONE say we want him to run like Josh Allen. So silly. So stupid. 
We get it, you hate the QB of the New York Jets. 
Pathetic. 

I don’t hate him at all, he seems like a very nice Kid. I love my Jets, and I just think he sucks at QB. Listen buddy, I’m older. I went through all the motions supporting duds like Pennington, Sanchez, Geno…. Even tried for Darnold for a while. I knew they sucked, knew there was no way any of them were going to be a consistent stud in the NFL. But there I was just like you defending the indefensible, fighting for what I knew was the wrong side of the battle because I was praying please let this be the one, please please just this once. But now buddy I don’t have the time. Every rebuild shaves 3-5 years off our chances. They add up, and when I clearly see what I’m looking at is basically a Squier Stratocaster guitar that’s dressed all nice too look like the real thing, but in the end it’s it’s still a cheap knockoff. We’ll see in a couple years either way. I hope I’m wrong, but I promise you I’m not.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

45 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

36 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Moving the goalposts is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt.

Moving the goalposts is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt.

How did I move the goal posts? Rodgers is diminutive as well. When he uses his legs you can trust he’s intelligent enough to not get himself killed. I don’t trust Zach to do the same at all, you?

1 hour ago, yvj said:

He did more in the latter part of the season. However you don’t want to get him injured, I would limit designed runs.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I don’t hate him at all, he seems like a very nice Kid. I love my Jets, and I just think he sucks at QB. Listen buddy, I’m older. I went through all the motions supporting duds like Pennington, Sanchez, Geno…. Even tried for Darnold for a while. I knew they sucked, knew there was no way any of them were going to be a consistent stud in the NFL. But there I was just like you defending the indefensible, fighting for what I knew was the wrong side of the battle because I was praying please let this be the one, please please just this once. But now buddy I don’t have the time. Every rebuild shaves 3-5 years off our chances. They add up, and when I clearly see what I’m looking at is basically a Squier Stratocaster guitar that’s dressed all nice too look like the real thing, but in the end it’s it’s still a cheap knockoff. We’ll see in a couple years either way. I hope I’m wrong, but I promise you I’m not.

Blahblahblah. Did not read it. Yeah. You hate him. 

• Upvote 2

Blahblahblah. Did not read it. Yeah. You hate him. 

I hate that he’s the QB of the Jets, absolutely. He’s gonna have a wonderful life, he was even before he was a Jet. When he’s old he’ll be able to tell kids he was in the league for a few years and his kids will run his car dealership empire in Utah. I’m gonna keep my signature by the way, just for you.

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You gave up on this one way too soon.  

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I hate that he’s the QB of the Jets, absolutely. He’s gonna have a wonderful life, he was even before he was a Jet. When he’s old he’ll be able to tell kids he was in the league for a few years and his kids will run his car dealership empire in Utah. I’m gonna keep my signature by the way, just for you.

So you enjoy being  a troll. 

I will allow this. 

• Haha 1