Zach needs to use his legs

yvj

So you enjoy being  a troll. 
I will allow this. 

I gotta admit I do enjoy doing it to you. I’ve never really taken the role of troll before in my life, you’ve sparked a new joy for me in the make believe world of the internet. Cheers to our newfound relationship as archenemies. So exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 2

I once played their Gloria for my Mom. She was mortified. 

Well sh*t now I like you. I still don’t like Zach Wilson’s football abilities, but I can’t not like you anymore. Ok, I’ll lighten my grip. I still think I’m right, and I hope one day you can make me eat all the crow you want. Unfortunately I don’t think that day will come so I’ll keep my “told you so’s” to a minimum.

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

Well sh*t now I like you. I still don’t like Zach Wilson’s football abilities, but I can’t not like you anymore. Ok, I’ll lighten my grip. I still think I’m right, and I hope one day you can make me eat all the crow you want. Unfortunately I don’t think that day will come so I’ll keep my “told you so’s” to a minimum.

My sisters wrapped the Santana Abraxas double album in tin foil and used it to sun themselves. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Chelsea Peretti No GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

They did it right the last few games.  No need to push the issue for an extra 30 yards a game.  

Every yard matters …. Super Bowls been lost by 1 yard literally…… so because an extra 30 little yards is pushing an issue? Wtf 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You dont know, either way , what will become of Zach Wilson. You have to sit back and watch, just like the rest of us

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Mahomes is 6’3’ 230

Wilson 6’2’ 215

1 good off-season in the weight room. Not that I would design runs for him similar to Allen…. but ZW is athletic and can get some easy yards out of RPO. 
I want to see him in the weight room to strengthen his core and legs when fighting off sacks. Will probably add another 5-10 yards on his deep ball as well. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Yes, he needs to use his legs more. No, he should not become Lamar Jackson 

Exactly. People ITT acting like I'm saying he needs to committe with Carter. 

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I once played their Gloria for my Mom. She was mortified. 

14 hours ago, Snell41 said:

OMG, are you guys going to get a room now lol... Love talking music also, but never got into the Doors. Not sure why, but was more into the likes of the Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, before I discovered YES and Genesis. Once I did, I never really went back to rock, and about 30 years ago I stated listening to Fusion Jazz, and that's about all I listen to anymore.

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

OMG, are you guys going to get a room now lol... Love talking music also, but never got into the Doors. Not sure why, but was more into the likes of the Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, before I discovered YES and Genesis. Once I did, I never really went back to rock, and about 30 years ago I stated listening to Fusion Jazz, and that's about all I listen to anymore.

It’s funny we listened to fusion jazz soph and junior year of college but now it’s pretty much the blues (which includes Zep). My wife’s favorite was YES. 

• Upvote 1

Zach should do what he did last year (especially down the stretch) which is take off when the lane is there. If teams are playing man (in an effort to force you to throw into tight windows) and it opens up, take it. He's multi-dimensional in that regard.

I don't agree that designed runs should be a big part of our gameplan. Sure, every now and then it's a good thing to have to keep teams honest or throw something at them they aren't expecting but Zach doesn't have the frame to take a beating running the ball.

• Upvote 2

The idea of a running QB was popular 10 years ago most notably with RG3 getting drafted and his first year success. But it all went downhill after that because the league adapted and the guy was injured all of the time. But it’s changed again with Qbs like Mahomes and their success and with current defenses how Qbs have lanes and some of them capable of using them. But with that comes injuries and we’re again seeing starting Qbs out for periods of time. And when this happens you usually get a much inferior product on the field most backups aren’t close to the starters. Zach is capable of running not sure if Jets O had no called Qb run plays this year. 

17 hours ago, Snell41 said:

He’ll die. Possibly quite literally. He’s diminutive in stature. His legs should be used to get away from trouble, never as a runner like Mahomes or Allen.

Or the equally slight Lamar Jackson or the minuscule K Murray

17 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I don’t hate him at all, he seems like a very nice Kid. I love my Jets, and I just think he sucks at QB. Listen buddy, I’m older. I went through all the motions supporting duds like Pennington, Sanchez, Geno…. Even tried for Darnold for a while. I knew they sucked, knew there was no way any of them were going to be a consistent stud in the NFL. But there I was just like you defending the indefensible, fighting for what I knew was the wrong side of the battle because I was praying please let this be the one, please please just this once. But now buddy I don’t have the time. Every rebuild shaves 3-5 years off our chances. They add up, and when I clearly see what I’m looking at is basically a Squier Stratocaster guitar that’s dressed all nice too look like the real thing, but in the end it’s it’s still a cheap knockoff. We’ll see in a couple years either way. I hope I’m wrong, but I promise you I’m not.

All the way back to Chad?  Wow a real oldtimer

All the way back to Chad?  Wow a real oldtimer

I’d throw OBrien and Todd in there too but I figured you get the point. My fandom started in 1980, 42 years ago. Considering my entire family is dead and most died before they were 60, I don’t take anything for granted anymore. Every rebuild is a long ass time. Given my opinion is Zach is not a franchise level QB (we’ve debated as nauseam on it), I have 2 more years of dealing with the “give him time” plus realistically another 3 of whatever new QB after him needs to adjust. Of course that’s assuming the next QB actually is good. If not, then I’m not seeing a chance at a SB for 8 years minimum.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The idea of a running QB was popular 10 years ago most notably with RG3 getting drafted and his first year success. But it all went downhill after that because the league adapted and the guy was injured all of the time. But it’s changed again with Qbs like Mahomes and their success and with current defenses how Qbs have lanes and some of them capable of using them. But with that comes injuries and we’re again seeing starting Qbs out for periods of time. And when this happens you usually get a much inferior product on the field most backups aren’t close to the starters. Zach is capable of running not sure if Jets O had no called Qb run plays this year. 

The TD against the Texsan’s maybe and the 2 pt conversion.  It seemed like the tried to run the old Green Bay spread the field and draw up the middle but they left a spy.  Might have been horrible blocking lol.  

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Don't know about Zach using his legs more, but holy crap why do the members of his family look so young for their age?

Edit: Not as bad as I thought. Just finishing his sophomore year in HS.  Still, kid looks like he could be 12.

How tall is Coach Cristobal?

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Zach should do what he did last year (especially down the stretch) which is take off when the lane is there. If teams are playing man (in an effort to force you to throw into tight windows) and it opens up, take it. He's multi-dimensional in that regard.

I don't agree that designed runs should be a big part of our gameplan. Sure, every now and then it's a good thing to have to keep teams honest or throw something at them they aren't expecting but Zach doesn't have the frame to take a beating running the ball.

This. 

Completely agree, don't look to run, but if you see that lane, don't waste a second. Take off and run...slide and get back to the huddle.

• Upvote 1