Do what have learned

We already knew franchise QB is everything.  Unfortunately for the Jets, Zach Wilson has not shown he’s half the QB Joe Burrow is.  So we need a complete team around him at the moment to accomplish that. 

It can change sure but we knew Joe Burrow was special in his rookie year before he got injured.  I can’t say the same for Wilson.  
Statement is compleyely false.. who is our chase ??
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BallinPB said:

We already knew franchise QB is everything.  Unfortunately for the Jets, Zach Wilson has not shown he’s half the QB Joe Burrow is.  So we need a complete team around him at the moment to accomplish that. 

It can change sure but we knew Joe Burrow was special in his rookie year before he got injured.  I can’t say the same for Wilson.  

Having a top 5, possibly top 3 RB and what might be the best WR in the NFL plus a D that can sack the QB certainly doesn't  hurt. I like Carter and Moore but they won't  be as good as Mixon or Chase unless they both take giant steps next season. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
13 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Statement is compleyely false.. who is our chase ??

I said we knew Burrow was special his rookie year.  Chase wasn’t in the league then.  

11 hours ago, David Harris said:

Burrow was a 23 year old rookie from the SEC. Now in his 3rd season.

Zach was fairly raw from a small school. 

Mahomes sat his rookie year because he was raw from a smaller school. Rodgers sat for 3 years.  It’s rare for a rookie QB to light it up.  Zach improved, that’s what you want.

Zach may bust but I’d draft him again at 2 in a do-over.  Love his tools, love his flashes, love his work ethic. We’ll see.

Burrow is 25 and in his 2nd year. In 10 games as a rookie he completed 65% of his passes with 13TDs and 5 int’s then tore his ACL. This year, coming off that injury he completed 70%, 34TDs and 14 ints with a bad OL. The guy has superstar written all over him. I have high hopes for Zach but nothing we’ve seen so far remotely suggests him achieving this kind of success. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Burrow also had people to throw to.  All bad teams aren't bad in the same way.  Burrow won this game in the clutch by being elusive in the pocket and having guys getting open.  We know Zach is pretty dang elusive, I hope we see some guys wearing green next year getting open for him.

He also won this game by having Mahomes melting down at the end of the first half and being absolutely atrocious in the 2nd half including a sequence of 2 plays inside the 5 that were amazingly bad.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

You don’t need a whole O line of 1st round draft picks, You do need a QB with ice water in his veins. You don’t need big names on defense just some damn good coaching and discipline players. You do need a dominant weapon that demands double coverage. 1 more……. It doesn’t take a decade to do it!.

I am sorry - I see three of the biggest names on the Rams defense.  Cincy also has some very good defenders, including a big named LB.

Also, I think a lot of people on this board are forgetting what the Rams and Cincy have sacrificed to get the players being discussed. 

The Rams are screwed for years to come if they do not produce a SB.  Cincy less so.

• Upvote 1