Senior Bowl notes

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I get the feeling that Ruckert is going to go higher than most of us expected.

Personally, I had been hoping to get him with our 3rd rounder, but I doubt that happens now.

I can see him going in the mid-to-late 2nd round.

Thats fine if mcbride goes in the first, you take wyndmeyer in the second

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

What is the history in the NFL with these oversized OL/OT?  I don’t think it is good.  Guys like Penning and even Neal look in better shape.  

Aaron Gibson is the specimen that came to my mind as the best example that mammoth OTs doesn’t translate to dominance in the pros. 

“You GOT TO have BEND” is what I recall coaches yelling. 

Athleticism is underrated in OTs, but recall how serviceable ol’ #69 Jason Fabini fared as a LT and later on in his career as a RT, and he was never considered large by NFL standards. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I get the feeling that Ruckert is going to go higher than most of us expected.

Personally, I had been hoping to get him with our 3rd rounder, but I doubt that happens now.

I can see him going in the mid-to-late 2nd round.

I’m fine with taking Ruckert in the 2nd.

Dude looks like he was built in a lab to be the ultimate TE and he possesses every quality that you look for in the position.

A lot of people point to the lack of production as a negative, but Ohio State has been filled to the brim with 1st round wideouts for what seems like a decade at this point and the entire offense flows through them.

It wouldn’t shock me at all if he ends up being the best TE from this class. Him growing up a Jets fan is just icing on the cake. We’ve been saying for years that we need players who actually want to be here.

I could easily envision him being Kittle 2.0 within 2-3 years time.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

More McBride

Here’s the issue with this. Everyone is all like “contested catch” when he worked his open against zone coverage and was wide open when the QB threw it late. The impressive part is the route and ability to get open more so than a barely contested catch

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Here’s the issue with this. Everyone is all like “contested catch” when he worked his open against zone coverage and was wide open when the QB threw it late. The impressive part is the route and ability to get open more so than a barely contested catch

But also the QBs. Woof. I know it's just practice reps, but it's really clear that it's an underwhelming QB class. Whether you wanted Wilson or not, the Jets couldn't wait until this offseason to take a QB and they'd be forced to take a look at trading assets for Jimmy G or something.

• Upvote 1