Senior Bowl notes

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The internet is a terrible place.

Don't know who that guy is, but he has a blue check mark so he is verified for something.  It just may not be for football.

I wonder if there are guys videoing the TV feed and then tweeting as if they are there.  And idiots like me share their tweets assuming they have a press credential to attend the practices.

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't know who that guy is, but he has a blue check mark so he is verified for something.  It just may not be for football.

I wonder if there are guys videoing the TV feed and then tweeting as if they are there.  And idiots like me share their tweets assuming they have a press credential to attend the practices.

I’m pretty sure that guy is there but it’s more commentary on people that just don’t know what they’re looking at.  I think I’ve just become cynical that so many people are getting paid to be bad at what I do on my spare time as stress relief. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m pretty sure that guy is there but it’s more commentary on people that just don’t know what they’re looking at.  I think I’ve just become cynical that so many people are getting paid to be bad at what I do on my spare time as stress relief. 

Yup.  It is so easy today for someone to start their own website/podcast and present themselves as an expert.  That guy is a journalism student at Texas State.  So he may have some knowledge but whether he knows more than you or me.  Maybe, maybe not.  And even well=known analysts with solid backgrounds will differ on prospects.  Its an inexact science. 

That is why, for stuff like this, I try to figure out who the guys are where there seems to be consensus: Christian Watson, Perion Winfrey, Malik Willis, Trey McBride, Jermaine Johnson, Trevor Penning, Jeremy Ruckert, Devonte Wyatt.  They seem to be getting praise from multiple sources. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2022 at 9:11 AM, Maxman said:

Dylan is walking in now to get his media credential.  Make sure you are following him now that the Wordle from the plane is behind us he will have a lot of thoughts. We are going to post his videos on JetNation Social Media so if anyone is copying and pasting posts in this thread, please check out our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jetnation/ as well.  Thanks!

Or 

Man, LaFleur was so much shorter than I thought!

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  It is so easy today for someone to start their own website/podcast and present themselves as an expert.  That guy is a journalism student at Texas State.  So he may have some knowledge but whether he knows more than you or me.  Maybe, maybe not.  And even well=known analysts with solid backgrounds will differ on prospects.  Its an inexact science. 

That is why, for stuff like this, I try to figure out who the guys are where there seems to be consensus: Christian Watson, Perion Winfrey, Malik Willis, Trey McBride, Jermaine Johnson, Trevor Penning, Jeremy Ruckert, Devonte Wyatt.  They seem to be getting praise from multiple sources. 

Totally agree.  That is why I like to read as much of this stuff as I can, but try not to read too much into it beyond consensus.  Seems like everyone likes Willis, but I'm not particularly impressed with that throw to the UCLA TE.  Nothing wrong with the play or throw, but not impressed if you know what I mean. 

Last year my darling was DJ Daniel.  Even watched him in the CB vs WR drills and he looked excellent.  He didn't even make it to September with the Jags and other than a try-out with the Pats (with 2019 favorite Stephen Denmark) I don't think he's been anywhere.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Word out of the senior bowl is what an impression coach saleh and the jets staff is making down in mobile.  Folks are very impressed with Joe Douglas and the entire jets operation.

Its happen folks.  We have finally done it.  Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Only the worst of the SOJFs don’t see this. 

Saleh is the real deal. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Word out of the senior bowl is what an impression coach saleh and the jets staff is making down in mobile.  Folks are very impressed with Joe Douglas and the entire jets operation.

Its happen folks.  We have finally done it.  Sit back, relax and enjoy!

I too, tend to not speak poorly about people who could easily kick my ass. 

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Only the worst of the SOJFs don’t see this. 

Saleh is the real deal. 

Agree.  We are entering the golden age of Jets football.  The future has never been brighter.  Joe Douglas is going to slaughter this draft and when the winning starts, half this board will disappear after their embarrassingly awful takes about douglas and saleh.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, section314 said:

Not in first2-3rds, but we will have to address the problem. JFM will move inside, but we will probably lose our two guys to FA, and with Q being a rung above JAG, we need help there.

Agreed, although JFM inside only on passing downs.  We need a big fat run stuffing DT that fits the scheme.  Expect this to come in FA; tough to find this in round 4 or after.

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

There’s a bigger gap in talent between McBride and Wydermyer than between Hutchinson and Jermaine Johnson.

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

There’s a bigger gap in talent between McBride and Wydermyer than between Hutchinson and Jermaine Johnson.

We can agree to disagree. Mcbride and windmeyer are equal imo and way better than ruckert 

17 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Thats fine if mcbride goes in the first, you take wyndmeyer in the second

Wyndmeyer led the TE group in drops this season and isnt a good blocker - hard pass.

The thing about the TEs and Ruckert possibly falling is how many teams actually need a TE?  Personally I like ruckert enough to take him in the 2nd if his work ethic checks out because he hits every other thing you need.  We can then find a guy like Kolar in the 4th and the offense will be set at the position going forward.

As for Willis, I dont think there is any question he is the most talented QB in the draft im just not sure he can get himself high enough where we can trade out of 4.

16 hours ago, Lith said:

If true that’s encouraging.  At least he sees the obvious need for a bigger receiver and a contested catch monster.  London has some natural ability to use his body to shield defenders and gain separation.   He will become Zach’s best friend if drafted here.  

• Upvote 1