Jets listed as possible Jimmy G landing spot

kevinc855

17 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Jimmy thinks he is still a starter and has already given his farewell speech to the local media but when his agent shops him around there will probably be only 1 or 2 takers. The best I see him getting is a 1 year deal from a team like Pittsburgh or Tampa for $15 Million with the intention clearly expressed that a future Quarterback will be drafted in the next 2 Drafts. The 9ers were not as clear about G's departure. I suspect they will seek to renegotiate the last year of his contract. 10 Million guaranteed for the first half of the regular season with incentives for playing time in the second half.

I'm not high on him by any means but this is silly. He ranked in the top half of QBs and made it three points away from this super bowl. There are enough teams who need a QB that would be significantly improved by even a mid-tier QB that he will get another contract for more than one year. There are a lot of teams with a QB need or may look to replace a QB this season including Denver, Pittsburgh, NYG, Carolina, Miami, Houston, Atlanta and Washington. You couldn't even say Detroit, Cleveland and Indianapolis are certain to keep their current QB. There are not many better free agents on the market or draft standouts to choose from. Somebody will take a shot at a more typical QB contract. That team will probably regret the contract but his resume is sufficient for another team to give him the keys to the offense.