Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

I still don't understand how he gets this certified as a class--a lot of his claims relate to him and him only and have nothing to do what I'm guessing is his claim that the NFL (or at least its HC hiring process) is systematically racist. 

The Ross allegations have nothing to do with anyone but him--and have nothing to do with racism. Just muddies his claim.

The Giant non-interview and the and Bronocos interview--him.  The Bellichik texts, him.

If he's claiming systematic racism in the NFL hiring process, he's sure thrown a lot of crap at the wall that do not support his claim. 

And given his texts to the Saints and Texans PRIOR to filing the lawsuit that he was doing so smacks to me of someone trying to use the leverage of a bombshell lawsuit to get himself another HC gig.  

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You’re missing the post I quoted. Someone mentioned black men account for 6% of the population, so 2 black coaches in the NFL mirrors society and would be acceptable. I was pointing out that black men account for 6% when you include women and children in the figure. Remove women and children from the total and tell me what the % of black men is and you’d find 2 black coaches in the NFL is not close to proportionate

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe this could make it easier to understand: imagine the NHL had 31 black head coaches.

• Upvote 3

Yes because him and his “shady legal team” will just lay out the case and all the evidence they have right now on national tv. 

Lmfaooooo

Relax, I’m on your side of this. I don’t think Flores is wrong with what he feels. I believe him entirely. There are tons of legal teams that take cases for public exposure applying their own agendas whether there’s truly a case or not. There’s a lot of money in settlements. I just take issue with Flores sitting and saying how he FEELS followed by two white lawyers blanketly stating as fact that Flores didn’t get consideration for the job because he’s black. His statements alone are not going to hold water, they’re counting on other coaches putting themselves on the line and joining his cause to make a case of strength in numbers.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So the giants ownership are that utterly stupid as to call up belli and tell him who they are hiring before making a formal announcement?  I suppose anything is possible,

Come on, you know it’s an old boys club snd they talk to each other 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Perhaps the largest issue lies with ownership .. maybe we need to redistribute ownership to have more black people ... i also wonder if a black owned team would be likely to hire qualified white GMs and coaches ..

I think minority ownership would be a good step but these teams don't come up for sale very often.

If Peyton Manning and his billionaire friends want to buy the Broncos, does the NFL say no, gotta sell to a minority owned group?

If Tom Brady and his billionaire friends want to buy the next team up for sale, does the NFL say no, gotta sell to a minority owned group? 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

What the **** are you trying to make me understand? That 2 black coaches in the NFL is not proportional to the percentage of black men in the US? Because that’s exactly what I agreed with.

You're intentionally using the country's percentage of black men in the United States to deflect from the fact that group of players in the NFL isn't just 6% black. You know this. The majority of players in the NFL are black. A large majority. Good enough to make the NFL and play but not lead? Why aren't black players who play and understand the game not fit enough to lead? Why do white people take up most leadership positions in a sport made up of mostly black players? Make me understand.

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Relax, I’m on your side of this. I don’t think Flores is wrong with what he feels. I believe him entirely. There are tons of legal teams that take cases for public exposure applying their own agendas whether there’s truly a case or not. There’s a lot of money in settlements. I just take issue with Flores sitting and saying how he FEELS followed by two white lawyers blanketly stating as fact that Flores didn’t get consideration for the job because he’s black. His statements alone are not going to hold water, they’re counting on other coaches putting themselves on the line and joining his cause to make a case of strength in numbers.

AND he was already a HC.  How did he get that the last time?  Did the NFL stop being racist for a moment in time and then just go back to being full on Klan? 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

You're intentionally using the country's percentage of black men in the United States to deflect from the fact that group of players in the NFL isn't just 6% black. You know this. The majority of players in the NFL are black. A large majority. Good enough to make the NFL and play but not lead? Why aren't black players who play and understand the game not fit enough to lead? Why do white people take up most leadership positions in a sport made up of mostly black players? Make me understand.

Unfortunately, it's going to take time because it'd be impossible to simply force the issue.  Can't force someone to hire someone they do not want to hire--for whatever reason.  

Look at the number of black ex-players in broadcating and the sports media.  Grown by leaps and bounds over the last 10-15 years.  

No I’m not dumbass, Christ go back through and read the post I quoted. Someone else (someone else means NOT ME!!!) said that black men account for 6% of the US population, therefore the NFL need only 2 black coaches to be aligned. I pointed out that they account for 6% of the ENTIRE population including women and children. Take women and children out of the numbers and you’d find black men account for far more than 6% and therefore 2 is a ridiculously low and unacceptable number. Put your ******* emotions down for a moment and read before picking battles with people on your side.

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Unfortunately, it's going to take time because it'd be impossible to simply force the issue.  Can't force someone to hire someone they do not want to hire--for whatever reason.  

Look at the number of black ex-players in broadcating and the sports media.  Grown by leaps and bounds over the last 10-15 years.  

Oh.

This is a very slippery slope for a message board topic 

please don’t attack each other so it can be discussed 

someone who sees things differently than you do is not your enemy. I’m sure we all have something in common with each other besides the jets lol

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No I’m not dumbass, Christ go back through and read the post I quoted. Someone else (someone else means NOT ME!!!) said that black men account for 6% of the US population, therefore the NFL need only 2 black coaches to be aligned. I pointed out that they account for 6% of the ENTIRE population including women and children. Take women and children out of the numbers and you’d find black men account for far more than 6% and therefore 2 is a ridiculously low and unacceptable number. Put your ******* emotions down for a moment and read before picking battles with people on your side.

Well, point me to that guy

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

My bad and I see what you are saying

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Which I think we could point to as progress. These are NFL positions that typically used to  go communication and journalism majors now they’re predominately going to former players. 

if you are a former player, I’d imagine the media route is much more popular than the coaching route. 

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Flores has committed career suicide, I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish

I don't think so.

He strategically gave a heads up to the Saints and Houston BEFORE he filed the lawsuit telling them what he was doing.  I think in an attempt to use the bombshell lawsuit as pressure to hire him.

I mean, how could they not now? After all the crap he threw at the wall? 

Goodell is calling both teams now demanding one hire him. 

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

The argument would be that African Americans are disproportionally represented as players because of innate athletic ability less common in other races. This innate ability doesn't exist within coaching ranks so it reverts to the mean.

Of course, this does not explain why it's overwhelmingly white in the HC ranks which is the underlying issue. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is a very slippery slope for a message board topic 

please don’t attack each other so it can be discussed 

someone who sees things differently than you do is not your enemy. I’m sure we all have something in common with each other besides the jets lol

Concur. 

I think I am going to leave this topic and go rag on the guy ragging on Berries.  

I can read. That's why I'm asking you to tell me who you quoted.

You trash me and paint me as a racist because you’re too lazy to read through what I said and who i said it to and then expect me to do your homework to correct yourself? Here’s a suggestion, go back to page one and start reading posts until you get there.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The argument would be that African Americans are disproportionally represented as players because of innate athletic ability less common in other races. This innate ability doesn't exist within coaching ranks so it reverts to the mean.

Of course, this does not explain why it's overwhelmingly white in the HC ranks which is the underlying issue. 

Especially after watching the in game coaching decisions during the playoffs. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I had it for years.  Had a bowel resection--best decision I ever made.

Haven't had an attack in years.  

I had bad diverticulitis.  Had a 11" sigmoid resection at the age of 42.  No problem ever since (22 years) and no restrictions on diet.  

The problem was that the surgery was done laparoscopically, and I had a post-op infection at the point of removal that they had to open and clean when I got a bad fever before discharge.  Left me with a very tough 3-4 weeks of wound dressing and recovery. Still, having the surgery changed my life for the better.