Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Question.

If Flores got the Giants job, does he say a word about 

A - The Broncos interview

B - The Ross accusation

?

Nope. Not sure what the point is though. He is upset that black men aren’t getting hired and are using them as tokens to fulfill a rule that shouldn’t even be needed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Between the broncos statement and the fact that he backstabbed belly, who has apparently been nothing but a friend to him, Flores better come up with some damning evidence on Ross or he is just a bitter liar.

You could have left off the "liar" part and still be right. He could easily be telling the truth as he sees it. Doesn't mean he'll carry the day. He's running up against some hefty opposition with tons of money and lawyers. Good luck to him. That's not an easy win.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

Nope. Not sure what the point is though. He is upset that black men aren’t getting hired and are using them as tokens to fulfill a rule that shouldn’t even be needed. 

He needs to back up his allegations.  People aren’t guilty in this country because you say so. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Also, the Giants had a black GM for a decade and won two Super Bowls with him. 

Papa Johns founder John Schnatter had minority’s in leadership too and he was exposed as a racist.

And he’s a list of a number of companies with minority employees (some in leadership positions) with racist CEOs: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/07/01/every-ceo-and-leader-that-stepped-down-since-black-lives-matter-protests-began/amp/

idk how the NYG having one black GM in its team history make it not a racist organization

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Yeah, but the lawfirm has an easy mark in the legal arena.  The Giants- who have never had a minority coach or drafted a minority QB. 

None of that is inherently racist. 

If they complied with the Rooney Rule, as presently constituted, they did nothing wrong. Not legally.  

This isn’t a morals business when they employ or promote cheaters, druggies, killers, general scoundrels. 

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

Exactly. No, he doesn't. 

Which says they either didnt happen or he is embellishing events out of spite. 

More importantly, it says that he doesnt believe anything in the lawsuit, if he did, he wouldnt have waited this long to expose it all, just so happens at the time he lost out on a job he wanted.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, bgivs21 said:

Incorrect, it's been well documented that Frazier and Graham interviewed before Daboll so Flores wasn't "just their plausible Rooney Rule patsy"

The other stuff he says about Ross and offering 100k per loss is a completely different level. 

I think he did this because of a culmination of issues. But not getting the Giants job sounds more like him whining than anything else. Hate to tell you Brian, but we've all had interviews where an earlier candidate, possibly inside the company, was already offered the position, get over it. 

Folks don’t understand the Rule. 

They think, somehow, that Flores was required to be interviewed. He was on the street, a minority, a good coach, dammit he HAD to be interviewed. 

Sorry, once the Giants “complied” with the Rule they had no obligation to interview anyone else. 

Notwithstanding Flores’ feelings. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Exactly. No, he doesn't. 

More importantly, it says that he doesnt believe anything in the lawsuit, if he did, he wouldnt have waited this long to expose it all, just so happens at the time he lost out on a job he wanted.

Not true it’s called breaking points and everyone has them. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Funny that in the suit it says the dolphins lead a campaign to paint Flores as the “angry black man” and that’s the same narrative  some on here are parroting 

Hmmmmm…

Narrative,  or fact?

Hmmmmmm . .. 

I didn’t think he had much to stand on with the Giants interviewing Graham and Frazier as well but a second look at the Rooney Rule and the timing warrants a little further examination.

To start, the Rooney Rule has different requirements for virtual and in person interviews, and in house candidates don’t count. You need two external diverse interviewees for the the first round of interviews and one for in person interviews.

Second, Belichick sent those texts 1/24, the day the Giants started conducting in person interviews. At that time the public interview list/schedule was Quinn Daboll Flores Graham. Flores would have been the only candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule requirement as Graham is in house. Only late the next night does Frazier get added to the list, when it was assumed by most reporting the day before that the Giants would make a decision after interviewing Graham.

The obvious question that occurs to me there is was Frazier added to the list because word got back to the Giants about BB’s slip up? Or is there another explanation?

Not looking to get into a discussion here about the merits of the Rooney Rule or if the Giants were actually discriminating in the hiring practices here, as I think there’s not enough to go on yet to make that determination. Just think that dismissing this out of hand because the Giants would have complied with the Rooney Rule with or without interviewing Flores, which is what I was initially thinking, isn’t exactly so straight forward if you dive in a little more.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Folks don’t understand the Rule. 

They think, somehow, that Flores was required to be interviewed. He was on the street, a minority, a good coach, dammit he HAD to be interviewed. 

Sorry, once the Giants “complied” with the Rule they had no obligation to interview anyone else. 

Notwithstanding Flores’ feelings. 

I mean how can you defend the giants when you weren’t apart of the hiring process a lot goes on behind the scenes clearly, read Bills leaked text 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Exactly. No, he doesn't. 

Or he didn’t want to be blackballed and fight against a trillion dollar company run by multi billionaires? The guys had some balls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Papa Johns founder John Schnatter had minority’s in leadership too and he was exposed as a racist

You need to read up on what actually happened with this. 

This literally did not happen. 

He quoted someone else using the N word and his board of directors used it as means to toss him out of his company. 

Could he have avoided using the direct quote? Yes. Was he dumb for doing so? Yes. But nothing to directly back up, that he is overtly racist. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I mean how can you defend the giants when you weren’t apart of the hiring process a lot goes on behind the scenes clearly, read Bills leaked text 

1. I am not defending the Giants.  Just pointing out their compliance with the Rule.

2. Neither were you.

3. Yes, a lot goes on "behind the scenes".  Which none of us know.  It's simply conjecture to assume something nefarious happened.  

4. BB's text either shows a complete lack of ability to work an iPhone or a confused old man.  Not racism.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Papa Johns founder John Schnatter had minority’s in leadership too and he was exposed as a racist.

And he’s a list of a number of companies with minority employees (some in leadership positions) with racist CEOs: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/07/01/every-ceo-and-leader-that-stepped-down-since-black-lives-matter-protests-began/amp/

idk how the NYG having one black GM in its team history make it not a racist organization

First of all, there is a fundamental difference between having a single racist CEO and having an organization that is institutionally racist. 

Secondly, racism is a pretty serious charge. Nothing I have read so far confirms racism. The fact that the Giants already knew they wanted to hire Daboll when they interviewed Flores just means they wanted to hire Daboll. The fact that Flores is a minority, in and of itself, does not mean what the Giants did was “racist” 

Just now, oatmeal said:

you know him or play for him? Enlighten me

Do you?  Apparently you've got inside knowledge the rest of us are lacking?  I personally don't know the truth, which is why I stayed out of this until someone else acted like they knew better . . .

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

You need to read up on what actually happened with this. 

This literally did not happen. 

He quoted someone else using the N word and his board of directors used it as means to toss him out of his company. 

Could he have avoided using the direct quote? Yes. Was he dumb for doing so? Yes. But nothing to directly back up, that he is overtly racist. 

Would you use the N word in any situation? Usually a guy like that has some familiarity with the word to throw it around like that. Ultimately it’s hard to be able to see in anyones heart, you can only extrapolate from their words and actions. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

Or he didn’t want to be blackballed and fight against a trillion dollar company run by multi billionaires? The guys had some balls. 

Yet that's what he did. 

So what.. he gets the Giants job, and all is well. Never says anything about these events. 

Man, that's some conviction right there. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, OCCH23 said:

Do you?  Apparently you've got inside knowledge the rest of us are lacking?  I personally don't know the truth, which is why I stayed out of this until someone else acted like they knew better . . .

He knows what's going on "behind the scenes".

The very defintion of which means none of us have any idea.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Yet that's what he did. 

So what.. he gets the Giants job, and all is well. Never says anything about these events. 

Man, that's some conviction right there. 

He got fed up with how he and others are being treated.

You think he wouldn’t get consideration for other coordinator and future HC jobs if he didn’t do this? 

17 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You could have left off the "liar" part and still be right. He could easily be telling the truth as he sees it. Doesn't mean he'll carry the day. He's running up against some hefty opposition with tons of money and lawyers. Good luck to him. That's not an easy win.

I say that based on the broncos statement. Clearly, someone is lying. 
If the broncos said that 5 execs were there, that implies they all see it that way. Plus there were notes being taken. Probably with times

Its just that who is lying? 

its more likely flores. If he lies about one thing he cant be taken seriously on any other

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

Would you use the N word in any situation? Usually a guy like that has some familiarity with the word to throw it around like that. Ultimately it’s hard to be able to see in anyones heart, you can only extrapolate from their words and actions. 

Personally I wouldnt. But that part in bold? Is a complete opinion. 

Context matters, and if someone uses the word describing a quote of someone ELSE saying it, it doesnt make that person a racist by default. 

Maybe saying it was very hard for him, he was trying to illustrate a larger point, but context be damned. Evil. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Wit said:

He got fed up with how he and others are being treated.

You think he wouldn’t get consideration for other coordinator and future HC jobs if he didn’t do this? 

Fed up? I suppose that's one way of looking at it. 

OR

He got bitter because he didnt get what he wanted. 

Flores would get hired in plenty of coaching searches, just didnt get the Giants job, he DID get hired as a HC before you know? 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Fed up? I suppose that's one way of looking at it. 

OR

He got bitter because he didnt get what he wanted. 

Flores would get hired in plenty of coaching searches, just didnt get the Giants job, he DID get hired as a HC before you know? 

Someone who is just bitter and still has a chance at multi million dollar jobs doesn’t sue 32 multi billionaires out of spite. He is possibly committing career suicide to shed light on why there is currently one black head coach and it’s a guy that never had a losing season, while mediocre white guys keep getting rehired. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Personally I wouldnt. But that part in bold? Is a complete opinion. 

Context matters, and if someone uses the word describing a quote of someone ELSE saying it, it doesnt make that person a racist by default. 

Maybe saying it was very hard for him, he was trying to illustrate a larger point, but context be damned. Evil. 

I can’t know what’s in the guys heart, I just know that most “non racists” aren’t throwing that word around in any context, and if they did it’s heavily explained. This isn’t a comedian trying to get attention and laughs through shock value. Before using those words I would think it’s important to be super clear why I’m doing it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

Someone who is just bitter and still has a chance at multi million dollar jobs doesn’t sue 32 multi billionaires out of spite. He is possibly committing career suicide to shed light on why there is currently one black head coach and it’s a guy that never had a losing season, while mediocre white guys keep getting rehired. 

Again, opinion. 

Spite can motivate people to do some pretty insane things. This being one of them. 

I dont doubt Ross tried to get him to tank, I dont doubt Ross fired him for that reason. But if he were white, the situation most likely unfolds the same way. 

The NYG part is blatantly incorrect, as its most likely that he didnt realize they had already interviewed other people before Daboll. 

The Broncos thing is completely a he said/he said argument and silly on its face considering the Broncos previous coach before Fangio. 

• Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

First of all, there is a fundamental difference between having a single racist CEO and having an organization that is institutionally racist. 

Secondly, racism is a pretty serious charge. Nothing I have read so far confirms racism. The fact that the Giants already knew they wanted to hire Daboll when they interviewed Flores just means they wanted to hire Daboll. The fact that Flores is a minority, in and of itself, does not mean what the Giants did was “racist” 

Lmfaooo this can’t be a serious post