Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, Wit said:

I can’t know what’s in the guys heart, I just know that most “non racists” aren’t throwing that word around in any context, and if they did it’s heavily explained. This isn’t a comedian trying to get attention and laughs through shock value. Before using those words I would think it’s important to be super clear why I’m doing it. 

Exactly right. 

He was super clear about the way he was using it. He was explaining how the KFC brand and the colonel were overtly racist and things that had been said in the past, never got used against them. 

But his board chose to fire him anyways to take his company, then proceed to paint a different story initially to the media, claiming that he was disparaging people. 

Those two scenarios are wildly different. 

• Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You need to read up on what actually happened with this. 

This literally did not happen. 

He quoted someone else using the N word and his board of directors used it as means to toss him out of his company. 

Could he have avoided using the direct quote? Yes. Was he dumb for doing so? Yes. But nothing to directly back up, that he is overtly racist. 

Laurie Hernandez Latina GIF by Latinx Heritage

mental gymnastics 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Laurie Hernandez Latina GIF by Latinx Heritage

Believe what you want. But maybe try reading a little bit other than some initial news from the company that fired him. 

And you claiming mental gymnastics is about as rich as it comes. 

This made my night. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

So this has probably been asked in this thread but i missed a few pages.  Just how the F*** does Bill Bellichick know what the Giants are doing.  Unless BB spills a legit source within the Giants what he says means nothing.  

It’s pretty well documented the relationship bill has with giants ownership, he was the one to suggest Jude after a visit with them that year

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

But this is the scenario the NFL encourages by putting this phony system in place. If a coach is good , he will be hired.   If a coach can make you money, racism ain’t getting in the way.  Just cut the bull already 

I mostly agree with this.

Are teams passing on black players in the Draft if they're really good?  No.  Teams want to win.

Are teams passing on black coaches for HC positions if they're really good?  No. Teams want to win.

Are there other challenges along the way and at lower levels?  Can it be difficult for a black coach to get started due to a variety of circumstances?  In my opinion, absolutely.  We still have a lot of work to do as a society in a lot of areas, but by-and-large NFL teams and owners are not bypassing guys who can help them win.  I don't know of a single GM who would put his job on the line and be willing to win only 5 games with a white coach if he thought he had a better candidate who was black and who could potentially win 9 games.  Great coaches rise to the top, guys like Denny Green, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin, etc.  I expect Todd Bowles to get a second shot eventually, etc.

Maybe I'm off the mark but the NFL, if nothing else, is about winning.  It's why guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown get more passes than they should given their behavior.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

At least Daboll is a legit candidate.  It was the Joe Judge hire that made the Giants look like they would hire any white guy no matter how little experience he had.  Now we wait to see if HOU can one-up them by hiring McCown.

Can you imagine the pressure being exerted on the Jaguars, Texans, etc. right now?  Especially with news that Harbaugh could be signing with Minnesota as early as tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s pretty well documented the relationship bill has with giants ownership, he was the one to suggest Jude after a visit with them that year

So the giants ownership are that utterly stupid as to call up belli and tell him who they are hiring before making a formal announcement?  I suppose anything is possible,

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This seems like a Flores issue based on the reports of him not talking to his position coaches towards the end of the season.

When someone makes a very strong and inflammatory claim like he was discriminated against because of his skin color you really need to be prepared with evidence.  You also need to be prepared to hear the rebuttals as all these teams are now pushed to list all the reasons you weren't kept or hired to be a HC.

Wait until this lawsuit really gets cooking and it forces the Giants, Dolphins and maybe others to come out and list 127 reasons Brian Flores isn't a fit to be a HC.

You may have cited one reason when you mentioned his communication skills/approach with his coaching staff.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

When someone makes a very strong and inflammatory claim like he was discriminated against because of his skin color you really need to be prepared with evidence.  You also need to be prepared to hear the rebuttals as all these teams are now pushed to list all the reasons you weren't kept or hired to be a HC.

Wait until this lawsuit really gets cooking and it forces the Giants, Dolphins and maybe others to come out and list 127 reasons Brian Flores isn't a fit to be a HC.

You may have cited one reason when you mentioned his communication skills/approach with his coaching staff.

going up against Billionaire's is always a smart move :)

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Worst part about this is when all the national politicians start to run with it.  

Be careful, the President might come out and tell the NFL that all vacancies must be filled by a black woman... and Mike Francesa will lose it again! lol

361041078_ScreenShot2022-02-01at7_45_13PM.png.63282c330ec1dc1ac9e4a3bd944458de.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Great argument. Very well thought out and convincing. 

You the same person who argued with me about the nfl not being rigged, well the Lolfins wanted to pay Flores 100 k per loss. 

egg on your face, No? 

??????

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well he wants money and not to be coaching in the NFL again it seems.

Just very difficult to prove unless they have some smoking gun.

He brought the lawsuit on principle with knowledge that he was jeopardizing his career.  I think it's an uphill battle.  The most damning allegation is those vs Miami.  The problematic issue for the NFL is that Flores alleges and proves the Rooney Rule is a sham and that teams do not take it seriously.  

48 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I say that based on the broncos statement. Clearly, someone is lying. 
If the broncos said that 5 execs were there, that implies they all see it that way. Plus there were notes being taken. Probably with times

Its just that who is lying? 

its more likely flores. If he lies about one thing he cant be taken seriously on any other

I'm not sure how any of what is reported in the Broncos' interview necessarily establishes that someone has to be lying. The Bronco executive team may have done a nice job of going through the motions and asking a bunch of questions while knowing full well they had no intention of hiring him. He may have sensed that from their apparent failure to show up on time and their demeanor in the interview. I've certainly been on both sides of that equation over the years. I was an executive involved in a lot of recruitment as well as having applied for positions. We would go by the book in interviews, with set questions for all candidates, scoring systems and the works, but in the end it was an enormously subjective process. Human nature. 

PS, Those five executives are going to close ranks completely and validate each other. That too is human nature and practical ass covering. 

Much of this is about perceptions, not hard facts. Which is why even if Flores believes in his gut that he got jacked, he will have a very hard time winning his case. 

The Ross stuff is a different animal. I have to believe he has some way of proving that, If not, his lawyers know it's not going to be a good look for him.

If you think he would have subscribed to this woke garbage, you’re  lost. He preached self sufficiency, not victimhood

Sure, he also preached keeping blacks and whites segregated because the two will never get along— you think you’d have an NFL with that?

Everytime a black person says racism doesn’t mean victimhood and playing the “ race card”— sh*t is institutional. About time it gets called out.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I didn’t think he had much to stand on with the Giants interviewing Graham and Frazier as well but a second look at the Rooney Rule and the timing warrants a little further examination.

To start, the Rooney Rule has different requirements for virtual and in person interviews, and in house candidates don’t count. You need two external diverse interviewees for the the first round of interviews and one for in person interviews.

Second, Belichick sent those texts 1/24, the day the Giants started conducting in person interviews. At that time the public interview list/schedule was Quinn Daboll Flores Graham. Flores would have been the only candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule requirement as Graham is in house. Only late the next night does Frazier get added to the list, when it was assumed by most reporting the day before that the Giants would make a decision after interviewing Graham.

The obvious question that occurs to me there is was Frazier added to the list because word got back to the Giants about BB’s slip up? Or is there another explanation?

Not looking to get into a discussion here about the merits of the Rooney Rule or if the Giants were actually discriminating in the hiring practices here, as I think there’s not enough to go on yet to make that determination. Just think that dismissing this out of hand because the Giants would have complied with the Rooney Rule with or without interviewing Flores, which is what I was initially thinking, isn’t exactly so straight forward if you dive in a little more.

Excellent sluething 

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No, yeah, I agree.  I just can't believe a virtual genius can screw this up by hitting the wrong "Brian" in his cell phone.  

Belly is old. He needs a phone with those big senior citizen medic alert buttons.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You the same person who argued with me about the nfl not being rigged, well the Lolfins wanted to pay Flores 100 k per loss. 

egg on your face, No? 

??????

Nice try, but that’s not what “the NFL is rigged” means. 

Flores definitely should be a head coach and some Giants fans I know were upset he wasn’t picked. I think if what he says is true he has a good case.

Separate subject. Its time the NFL institute a draft lottery to stop all this tanking and over picking QBs. Maybe its a coincidence they picked a black head coach when they wanted to lose. It was rumored they wanted Gase to tank and thats why he left. Either way its terrible optics. Teams are picking QBs high now just so they get some time to rebuild from a fan base. A lottery will fix that too. .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

You need to read up on what actually happened with this. 

This literally did not happen. 

He quoted someone else using the N word and his board of directors used it as means to toss him out of his company. 

Could he have avoided using the direct quote? Yes. Was he dumb for doing so? Yes. But nothing to directly back up, that he is overtly racist. 

Thank you

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Sure, he also preached keeping blacks and whites segregated because the two will never get along— you think you’d have an NFL with that?

Everytime a black person says racism doesn’t mean victimhood and playing the “ race card”— sh*t is institutional. About time it gets called out.

Um, his life story is about where he ended up.   He was very wrong about many things on that journey.  He said that himself 

8 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Speak for yourself and don’t speak for all black people please.  I have my own thoughts about this subject which I’m not going to share but don’t want to be categorized based off the color of my skin.   Thanks.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I mostly agree with this.

Are teams passing on black players in the Draft if they're really good?  No.  Teams want to win.

Are teams passing on black coaches for HC positions if they're really good?  No. Teams want to win.

Are there other challenges along the way and at lower levels?  Can it be difficult for a black coach to get started due to a variety of circumstances?  In my opinion, absolutely.  We still have a lot of work to do as a society in a lot of areas, but by-and-large NFL teams and owners are not bypassing guys who can help them win.  I don't know of a single GM who would put his job on the line and be willing to win only 5 games with a white coach if he thought he had a better candidate who was black and who could potentially win 9 games.  Great coaches rise to the top, guys like Denny Green, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin, etc.  I expect Todd Bowles to get a second shot eventually, etc.

Maybe I'm off the mark but the NFL, if nothing else, is about winning.  It's why guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown get more passes than they should given their behavior.

I think you nailed it 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nice try, but that’s not what “the NFL is rigged” means. 

No that’s exactly what “the NFL is rigged”means. 

??

If and when Brain exposes the evidence of his claims you will be 100% wrong and this will be another piece of the long list of things that proves how the nfl is rigged.