Jump to content

Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

No I don't and I don't really care who Malcolm would've ****ed with.  That's a meaningless thing to say.  
Its a tough subject guys .. i think open dialogue is healthy... its when one side closes its ears to the other side that things get dangerous ... peace.

Im sure this thread we be locked soon.
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The NFL wanted the Browns to tank 2 years in a row? lol. Uhhhh...k. 

Makes no sense to me. 

Hue Jackson is a weak person who cares way too much about he's perceived. Now that someone gave him an idea of how to explain away one of the worst coaching tenures in league history, he's jumping on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Hue Jackson is a weak person who cares way too much about he's perceived. Now that someone gave him an idea of how to explain away one of the worst coaching tenures in league history, he's jumping on it. 

And we got to learn that he has a foundation.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

For real man. Last few years you have; 20+ masseuses accusing a top 5 QB, Ruggs exploding ppl, Gruden getting ran out of…Vegas, ex-coaches suing everyone, owners paying coaches to dive, everything WFT, Urban Meyer checking the oil, Antonio Brown ran out mid game, Kraft just got caught at the tug, everything Aaron Rodgers… 

A circus  

 

Good post Paradis.  Just one question:  what does ‘Urban Meyer checking the oil’ mean’?  

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Was thinking this too ... now the Illuminati will create a narratve of him frequentling massage parlors to satisfy his scatalogical fetishes ... never to be heard from again.

Best course of action would have been to take the year off ... come back strong and dominate the clown owner in miami.

Possibly from a business point of view but this was the right time to strike from a social outrage point of view.  And that might be more important for certain people.  Really depends what Flores’ goals are.

I think Flores will do just fine job opportunity wise, much better than Kaepernick.  This feels different to me and things will get way more interesting if this makes it to discovery.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Hue Jackson is a weak person who cares way too much about he's perceived. Now that someone gave him an idea of how to explain away one of the worst coaching tenures in league history, he's jumping on it. 

This is the same trash people do to Hollywood whistle blowers.

And people wonder why some are scared to speak the truth of what happens behind the curtains in these large businesses.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. I think going scorched earth was a terrible move.

The only way it wasn’t a huge mistake is if he has a smoking gun - which I doubt, but I would love to see

Let’s see what goodies we find in the discovery process.  I’m sure Chuckie thought he was safe early in the investigation into the Redskins and then much later when only a couple emails came out before more and more things were released.

If BB had the scoop, might there not be an email chain within the Bills and giants organizations that state Brian D was the guy.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.  These lawyers aren’t idiots.  They are banking on a smoking gun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

True but the league is employing 67% black players who are being paid well.

The only team with basically 50/50 split is Phili.

Perhaps the largest issue lies with ownership .. maybe we need to redistribute ownership to have more black people ... i also wonder if a black owned team would be likely to hire qualified white GMs and coaches ..

Its extremely disheartening that this is a very real issue .. but it is.

I didn’t realize Phili was that racist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The league rules on tanking should be pretty clear. If you’re involved at all in it they’re the ones who should be fired not the coach who refused to do it. If true where was Flores at the time he was silent only now two years later is he saying anything about it. He should have at the least reported it to league officials. Esp now that owners in the NFL are profiting from online gambling you can’t have teams losing games on purpose. What about all those fans who bet in good faith and lost money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m watching the interview on ESPN. I’m sorry but this really looks like an overly emotional man with a very shady legal team. I’m not saying Flores is wrong in his thinking, but he is moving in on emotion and using really flimsy arguments to prove his case regarding the racism part. The Giants interviewed 2 minority coaches before Daboll. It’s very likely that the Giants were sold on Daboll because he’s an offensive coordinator and it’s an offensive league, and with all things being equal that’s the tipping point. I suspect if Flores was an OC and Daboll a DC it’d be Daboll missing out


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

 


Black men account for 6% of the entire population, including women and children. You do math like a politician.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Don’t black men make up 2/3rds of players?  I think this is different than table tennis.

Do you not think there might actually be subconscious racism going on in the world where white leaders are viewed in more positive light than black ones?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t black men make up 2/3rds of players?  I think this is different than table tennis.
Do you not think there might actually be subconscious racism going on in the world where white leaders are viewed in more positive light than black ones?


You’re missing the post I quoted. Someone mentioned black men account for 6% of the population, so 2 black coaches in the NFL mirrors society and would be acceptable. I was pointing out that black men account for 6% when you include women and children in the figure. Remove women and children from the total and tell me what the % of black men is and you’d find 2 black coaches in the NFL is not close to proportionate


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

This seems a bit naive. It doesn't seem a stretch at all that Bellicick has friends in the Giants organization who know what's happening. I would add that it's very possible Ross dished some dirt to other owners about Flores and damaged his chances of getting another HC position. If we've learned anything over the years, with very few exceptions, NFL owners are thick as thieves. If Ross was pissed off at Flores, which seems validating by the way he fired him, he was very likely to whisper in a few ears. That may be at the crux of why Flores sued. He knew he was screwed out of the gate.

^I think this is the most likely chain of events leading up to the lawsuit.  Nice analysis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I’m watching the interview on ESPN. I’m sorry but this really looks like an overly emotional man with a very shady legal team. I’m not saying Flores is wrong in his thinking, but he is moving in on emotion and using really flimsy arguments to prove his case regarding the racism part. The Giants interviewed 2 minority coaches before Daboll. It’s very likely that the Giants were sold on Daboll because he’s an offensive coordinator and it’s an offensive league, and with all things being equal that’s the tipping point. I suspect if Flores was an OC and Daboll a DC it’d be Daboll missing out


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes because him and his “shady legal team” will just lay out the case and all the evidence they have right now on national tv. 
 

Lmfaooooo

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

 


You’re missing the post I quoted. Someone mentioned black men account for 6% of the population, so 2 black coaches in the NFL mirrors society and would be acceptable. I was pointing out that black men account for 6% when you include women and children in the figure. Remove women and children from the total and tell me what the % of black men is and you’d find 2 black coaches in the NFL is not close to proportionate


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

My bad!  I will take my punishment now and go watch replays of the 2020 Jets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...