Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

There are still 5 HC jobs (well, 4 discounting Miami) wide open and he just killed his chances at getting any of them.

Or of getting one in the future.

This is a telltale sign of donkey brains.

Maybe, but it's high time someone from within, like Flores, tried to expose the hypocrisy, outright lies and veiled (and not so veiled) racism within the NFL.  Good for him.   It's moronic to try to pretend these issues don't exist.  High time the NFL stops its head-in-the-sand ostrich approach to the disgusting issues that quietly permeate the league.  It all starts with the ownership group as well.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure Flores is a great coach -I think he finished strong last year but I do believe that some coaches are not given opportunities because of their skin color but yet guys that have failed bigly get more than one chance these days-the raiders hire was awful-he was hot garbage in his first go around-yes sometimes guys suck at first then get good see bb or pete c but there are some real head scratchers named as head coaches when some qualified candidates are over looked

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Wait.

Was it really Brady heading to the yacht for the illegal meeting with a division rival while he was under contract?

Nobody is talking about that part.... or is it not really an issue because it's a player whereas the teams get in trouble for the tampering?

In any case, Brady going to Miami for a clandestine meeting while under contract with Belichick?  Spicy!

And, isn't Brady supposed to go back to NE to sign a one-day contract with the Pats so he can retire as a Patriot? lol  Man, I hope there are cameras there when he walks into the building and sees Belichick.

ms-oXpVAj.gif.d4d6de2de368dbb4180113a94e25e0ed.gif

Interesting how the whole Brady retirement went down. 

10 hours ago, Hael said:

I dont think BB really cares about the league that much, its been said he is quite close with Flores and none of this really reflects poorly on him.  It has the side benefit of likely costing draft picks to a division rival as well.

I wouldnt be surprised if he ok’d the release of the transcript.

All seems pretty convenient as far as timing goes. Texts seem suspect as far as how they are worded, very detailed using full names, do you text colleagues and friends like that? 

I feel this type of thing marginalizes black people.  It doesn't sit well with me which is why I rail against it.  It categorizes a whole race when we are all individuals and skin color is one describing factor of us, not all of it and certainly not the most important part.  

It really irks me.  

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

I feel this type of thing marginalizes black people.  It doesn't sit well with me which is why I rail against it.  It categorizes a whole race when we are all individuals and skin color is one describing factor of us, not all of it and certainly not the most important part.  

It really irks me.  

What type of thing?

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It really irks me.  

Totally agree but the other side of the coin, taking it, is pretty marginalizing. 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

What type of thing?

When someone screams racism when it's not as clear cut as that.  There are many things that go into a hiring process and to just say it's racist that someone doesn't hire you bothers me when it's complex.  

Just now, BallinPB said:

When someone screams racism when it's not as clear cut as that.  There are many things that go into a hiring process and to just say it's racist that someone doesn't hire you bothers me when it's complex.  

How would you know it's not clear cut to Brian Flores?

BTW, are you white?

39 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Cotton plantations during slavery were 99% black people.

I wasn't around at the time, but I'm pretty sure that the people doing slave labor on plantations were not being paid millions for their labor like a lot of NFL players.

Then I see people in this thread and another thread screaming about "the middle aged white man are telling on themselves here"  when I agree with those people and I'm about the exact opposite of a middle aged white man.  It's bullsh*t virtue signaling.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How would you know it's not clear cut to Brian Flores?

BTW, are you white?

It's because nothing is clear cut in a hiring process.  Unless there's some messages or tape of an organization saying we are not hiring Flores because he is black then how can it be clear cut?  

Flores was born and raised in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, New York City to Honduran parents.[1] After attending Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, Flores played football at Boston College as a linebacker from 1999 through 2002. An injury prevented him from playing in the NFL.[1] Flores grew up a fan of the New York Giants and New York Mets.[2]

So he really wanted to coach the team he grew up being a fan of, sucks but he's a millionaire.  Sympathy meter not moving much.

5 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

no I'm black.  I thought I was making that clear lol.  

Lol 

I hear you. I felt this way about an exam for my profession and how latinos don't fare well on it because it's geared towards white people (lingo, culture relevancy, etc). But things are geared towards white people. This country was created for white people. That's a fact. So when I see something like this with Brian Flores, I just look at the evidence. And the way the league it set up, it checks out. 

The way I look at it is that most people, especially white owners, have a circle of friends, relationships and acquaintances, who are white. Their connections are mostly white. The people they know are mostly white. So racist or not, their go to demographic for open positions will be white. That's just how it is. And the result is qualified black coaches getting passed over OR white guys getting hired before a black coach has a chance at the job. That's a real issue. 

• Upvote 1

I see no racism in this whatsoever at all. The Giants interviewed Bills DC Leslie Frazier twice who is Black and I think another Black candidate. Flores is reaching and most likely just ruined his career because of it. Obviously Bill Belichick made a mistake texting the wrong Brian. Belichick mentions that he heard from BILLS and the Giants that you got the job. Flores has nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills organization so it clearly was a mistake by Belichick.

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

Flores was born and raised in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, New York City to Honduran parents.[1] After attending Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, Flores played football at Boston College as a linebacker from 1999 through 2002. An injury prevented him from playing in the NFL.[1] Flores grew up a fan of the New York Giants and New York Mets.[2]

So he really wanted to coach the team he grew up being a fan of, sucks but he's a millionaire.  Sympathy meter not moving much.

Went to the interview even though he had information that he wasn't going to get the job and is upset that he can't work for his childhood team.  I know companies that will keep scheduled interviews even though they basically decided on their candidate in case a wow factor come in from another person or something unforeseen happens with chosen candidate.  

Easy out...RACISM!!

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Lol 

I hear you. I felt this way about an exam for my profession and how latinos don't fare well on it because it's geared towards white people (lingo, culture relevancy, etc). But things are geared towards white people. This country was created for white people. That's a fact. So when I see something like this with Brian Flores, I just look at the evidence. And the way the league it set up, it checks out. 

The way I look at it is that most people, especially white owners, have a circle of friends, relationships and acquaintances, who are white. Their connections are mostly white. The people they know are mostly white. So racist or not, their go to demographic for open positions will be white. That's just how it is. And the result is qualified black coaches getting passed over OR white guys getting hired before a black coach has a chance at the job. That's real issue. 

You can substitute any race for white in this paragraph 

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It's because nothing is clear cut in a hiring process.  Unless there's some messages or tape of an organization saying we are not hiring Flores because he is black then how can it be clear cut?  

But this is crazy. You don't need to say something racist to prove racism. Actions speak louder than words. They basically spit on the Rooney Rule.

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

More egg on your face ?????

“dA NfL aInT rIgGeD”

"Claims" - Great, let's see the the documents!

Your side is always rife with claims, but usually not much in the way of specific details or tangible data

Also - ? ? ?? ? ????????- Am I doing this right? I want to be one of the cool kids. 

10 hours ago, doitny said:

he will never be in the NFL again, but he will be just fine. somebody will make sure he lands on his feet for taking one for the cause. probably make more money then in the NFL. just look at Kap, he making out just fine. 

though i could see him go to college. 

If money is his only end game, then sure. 

But he seemed like a good coach . . . 

• Upvote 1

But this is crazy. You don't need to say something racist to prove racism. Actions speak louder than words. They basically spit on the Rooney Rule.

Didn't they interview 2 black candidates before Flores?  I also hate the Rooney rule so I'm not going to go into that.  

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Maybe, but it's high time someone from within, like Flores, tried to expose the hypocrisy, outright lies and veiled (and not so veiled) racism within the NFL.  Good for him.   It's moronic to try to pretend these issues don't exist.  High time the NFL stops its head-in-the-sand ostrich approach to the disgusting issues that quietly permeate the league.  It all starts with the ownership group as well.

More than just "head in sand".  The entire football industry from HS to college to pros is rife with exploitation that is purposefully masked and sanitized.

Consider where many colleges look to recruit and why.  Some of the most dangerous and depressed areas in the country are a favorite for college recruiters.  

Since winning and money count for everything, the colleges football machine and the people that drive it care singularly about that and little about education or the well being of the kids that they recruit.

When they see areas that are rife with plenty of healthy bodies that occupy single parent homes, they see dollar signs.  They know that there will be far less chance of any influence from home guiding them to take advantage of a free education.  They also know there is far less chance that those kids will have an influence at home that teaches them to avoid PED's of any kind.

The don't want the kids in the classroom and they want them to gain 30 lbs of muscle in a year.  And the possibility of a multi-million dollar career in the NFL is dangled in front of them if they are committed to that often destructive curriculum.

It is not that way with all colleges and all college kids, but it is all too often.  It is really unfortunate, because football and athletics in general can be very constructive if it is clean.  That meaning, not for profit. 

What we see in the NFL is just part of the cash cow.

It's all F****D up

• Upvote 1

Just now, BallinPB said:

Didn't they interview 2 black candidates before Flores?  I also hate the Rooney rule so I'm not going to go into that.  

Without the Rooney Rule, Mike Tomlin wouldn't have been the Steelers coach.

The Giants haven't even had a black coach in their team's history. Which is nuts. 

10 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Went to the interview even though he had information that he wasn't going to get the job and is upset that he can't work for his childhood team.  I know companies that will keep scheduled interviews even though they basically decided on their candidate in case a wow factor come in from another person or something unforeseen happens with chosen candidate.  

Easy out...RACISM!!

He can make the racism claim and have a career after.

Going scorched earth on the tanking and whatever else he will is the end of his career.  He sounds like a disgruntled and nobody will want someone who did that around.