Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Was he a Rooney Rule interview?  If so, I think he has a case if they made the decision before his interview.

Well, the GM came from Buffalo, and hired a guy he knew from Buffalo, who he had worked with for years.

My biggest take, keep your mouth shut about who you want to hire until you announce the hiring.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

read the Belichick text, the giants had mad their decision on Daboll already before they even interviewed Flores. 

The difficulty with this is that Belichick could just have easily have heard through the grapevine that Daboll was all but certain to get the job and that wouldn't be an issue. Gonna take a deep dive into this case on Twitter (I do my #LitigationDisasterTourism threads if you're interested) but this will be a VERY uphill battle for Flores. That said, I haven't read the complaint yet

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They told Daboll they would hire him prior to interviewing Flores, which indicates he was just their plausible Rooney Rule patsy.

Did they ?  Or is this Belichick simply implying from his contacts in the league that Daboll was likely their choice.  Unless he can prove an offer was made and accepted I am not sure how he gets anywhere with this.  Often you have a favored candidate but the assumption that their will be acceptance of the offer would not stop interviewing other candidates.

Just seems like an impossible case to win in the courtroom. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Giants interviewed Patrick Graham before hiring Daboll for Rooney Rule purposes.  What’s the issue with interviewing Flores even if they had already decided to offer Daboll?   Companies do that all the time, what if Daboll declined?  

You're being too logical. It doesn't fit the narrative.?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If these allegations are true about offering money to lose games, the Dolphins are going to lose multiple draft picks, pay millions in fines, but not before the owner is forced to sell the team.

One can only hope.

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Giants interviewed Patrick Graham before hiring Daboll for Rooney Rule purposes.  What’s the issue with interviewing Flores even if they had already decided to offer Daboll?   Companies do that all the time, what if Daboll declined?  

Exactly.

Flores is career suiciding.  There is not going to be case here.  An NFL team is well within it's rights to do due dilligence on other available candidates despite already having a specific candidate as a likely hire.  As you say, what if Daboll turned around and said "thanks but no thanks, I'm going to the Texans!" or the like?  The fact the Giants already met the Rooney Rule nullifies any "but but but only for the Rooney Rule" complaints by Flores.

Leaving the rule itself out of this, this just seems...dumb.  He's not going to win.  And it's going to hurt him for future opportunities.  

• Upvote 4