Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

Just now, oatmeal said:

One would assume that Flores is smart enough to know you can’t make a claim like this, against literally one of the most powerful men in the world without valid evidence. 

I wouldnt call Stephen Ross one of the most powerful men in the world, but I see what you're getting at regardless.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

All you need is the entire history of the league's existence as evidence. Black coaches have a better overall record. They get fired at a higher rate than white coaches after a winning season. It wasn't until initiative was taken that more black coaches and GMs started getting hired, which tells me that race always had something to do with it. You're not going to get owners or GMs saying "don't hire the black guy!" That's unrealistic, and naive.

Should we get rid of the owners? If your stance is Woody has no business hiring for a sport he knows nothing about I agree. But just walk me through how you would change the current process, or increase the pipeline of minority candidates. Where in the actual career timeline do you think the barriers get more difficult due to systemic issues?

12 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I asked a simple question because he said there isn't enough black coaches in the league.  So I asked what the appropriate amount of coaches he feels is needed.  I didn't say anything about significant I believe so I'm not sure where that came from.  

Do I believe there's racism.  Sure.  It's everywhere and it will never go away as long as people are different from one another because human beings are imperfect.   Do I believe racism significant in this day of age.  I don't believe that it is significant in the civilized world.  I believe any significant racism is confined to a small hick town somewhere in Mississippi who now live on the fringes of society.   

I can get behind there being black owners in the league.  I'm happy to support that and wish one of the 7 black billionaires would take the initiative in buying the Broncos maybe part of a collective minority group.  

I'm also happy to support more black GM's and coaches but I want that decision to be based on whether they actually earn that position over the others they are going against and not just by the color of their skin.   

If there's is any actual evidence that someone was not hired based on the color of the skin then I will be in full support of getting that owner the **** out of here.  However, i'm not in full support of claiming racism just because there aren't what people feel to be enough black coaches in the league.   

that's like pretending to be blind.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

All you need is the entire history of the league's existence as evidence. Black coaches have a better overall record. They get fired at a higher rate than white coaches after a winning season. It wasn't until initiative was taken that more black coaches and GMs started getting hired, which tells me that race always had something to do with it. You're not going to get owners or GMs saying "don't hire the black guy!" That's unrealistic, and naive.

So you're saying the evidence you have is circumstantial and also doesn't take into account personality, relationship with others players, coaches, ownership etc.?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Should we get rid of the owners? If your stance is Woody has no business hiring for a sport he knows nothing about I agree. But just walk me through how you would change the current process, or increase the pipeline of minority candidates.

Why are all your posts deflections?

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

So you're saying the evidence you have is circumstantial and also doesn't take into account personality, relationship with others players, coaches, ownership etc.?

Literally one of the first posts I made about this was about how the relationships most white owners have is with white people. But that doesn't make the issue any better. It's still systemic racism. If you can fall back on "he's my friend," how will anyone ever be able to change anything?

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

So it's 26-1 but it's not based on race whatsoever? Not even a little? 

Of course its possible, maybe probable, that a GM interviewed a black candidate in good faith, respected him, considered him, appreciated his contribution to the meeting but ultimately went with someone else for a slew of reasons not to exclude feeling some sort of connection with the new hire. 

What is so nefarious about that?

The issue for white folks, if I may, is that they feel that people like you...... that agree with this lawsuit..... think that GMs take off their cowboy hats and groan before a black candidate walks through the door. They smile, yack it up and say goodbye and then put on their KKK hoods and meet their rich white buddies at the lodge to watch minstral shows.

This is what is irritating AF for many whites

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Do you agree that it's a problem?

I’d have to see the data points more than the yearly ebbs and flows of HC’s. If the NFL is not doing their part to build their pipeline of position coaches then yes. I do think the league has more credibility in that it takes a long time to work your way up to become a HC unlike MLB and the NBA though.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hahahaha. Perfect!  

I used to live in Miami a couple years back, I was working for ex Dolphin Bud Brudzinski.

Holy Toledo man. That place is a whole nother world. Runs at a pace I didnt know existed. 

Of all things I had the biggest issue with? The Florida pizza scene was ******* terrible. 

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Of course its possible, maybe probable, that a GM interviewed a black candidate in good faith, respected him, considered him, appreciated his contribution to the meeting but ultimately went with someone else for a slew of reasons not to exclude feeling some sort of connection with the new hire. 

What is so nefarious about that?

The issue for white folks, if I may, is that they feel that people like you...... that agree with this lawsuit..... think that GMs take off their cowboy hats and groan before a black candidate walks through the door. They smile, yack it up and say goodbye and then put on their KKK hoods and meet their rich white buddies at the lodge to watch minstral shows.

This is what is irritating AF for many whites

No, actually I think it happens like you described it in the first paragraph. And you always ignore "slew of reasons" for your own feelings about the situation. You have this idea that racism happens like your 2nd paragraph. But it doesn't need to be that explicit to exist.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Literally one of the first posts I made about this was about how the relationships most white owners have is with white people. But that doesn't make the issue any better. It's still systemic racism. If you can fall back on "he's my friend," how will anyone ever be able to change anything?

We need more disgustingly wealthy black people.  The wealthy hang with the wealthy.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You weren't asking me, but I will give you my thoughts on your question. I don't think that there is rampant systemic racism in the NFL, but any amount is way too much. If there is evidence of systemic racism, it should be dealt with swiftly and harshly. 

Accusations of racism should be taken seriously, but at the same time, there needs to be evidence to back up that accusation. Feeling like you are being discriminated against is not the same as knowing that you are. False accusations cause permanent damage to someone's reputation. Once accused of racism, that toothpaste never makes its way back into the tube. The person making the false accusation doesn't face disciplinary action, and the accusation remains in the ether. Again, if there is evidence of racism or systemic racism, I fully support measures to rid the league of that type of behavior.

I agree with almost everything, but I firmly believe that there is indeed systemic racism in the NFL and it emanates from the ownership group.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Idk 🤷‍♂️ idc tbh. But It definitely gives a perception of some type of good boy club though 

No. I just texted my buddy at a place I used to work at and gossiped about another guy that works at another location.

Its just friends gossiping. Its so innocent and commonplace.

What disadvantage would the Giants place themselves in if their owner told the coach of another team, not even in the same conference let alone division, who there front runner is? This happens every day at every business in every country on the planet. Gossip between friends.

It's not like he is sharing their big board and who they will be drafting. Heck, I take that back I am sure they do that too

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I used to live in Miami a couple years back, I was working for ex Dolphin Bud Brudzinski.

Holy Toledo man. That place is a whole nother world. Runs at a pace I didnt know existed. 

Of all things I had the biggest issue with? The Florida pizza scene was ******* terrible. 

Except for Naples and anywhere in Tuscany, there is no pizza better than NYC pizza. Not even CT or NJ.  The further west you go, the worse it is with just a little recovery in California.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

One impact of the pay to lose tanking allegation is going to  be a draft lottery in the NFL. I see it happening very soon, maybe as early as 2023.

hope so and about frickin' time. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Except for Naples and anywhere in Tuscany, there is no pizza better than NYC pizza. Not even CT or NJ.  The further west you go, the worse it is with just a little recovery in California.

Oddly I've never been to Naples nor Tuscany. 

My 3 years or so in Florida revolved around Orlando, Miami/Ft Laud, and a little Tampa.

I would challenge you a bit on the NYC pizza. I love it, but Chicago, Detroit, and Indianapolis being a distant 4th have extremely good scenes as well. 

I remember being in Detroit opening up a restaurant off of Woodward Blvd and I went out to buy the staff pizza at a place called Sgt Pepperonis in a bowling alley called Magic Stick bowling. That pizza made me jizz in my pantaloons. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Larz said:

So have we had the trial and the verdict yet?

who won ?

You are opposed to the discussion?  Get used it because it'll be a bit of time till everything is vetted and investigated...  but in the meantime, nothing wrong with discussing the tar and feathering of Ross and other deserving NFL owners when applicable.  

16 hours ago, varjet said:

has to do with it. And then talking about how Elway was hungover is also just mean spirited and unnecessary.  

No it indicates that he never was serious about the interest, just checking the Rooney rule box 

6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

No, actually I think it happens like you described it in the first paragraph. And you always ignore "slew of reasons" for your own feelings about the situation. You have this idea that racism happens like your 2nd paragraph. But it doesn't need to be that explicit to exist.

I understand. I exaggerated. 

The subtleness is what it is. 

Problem is life is not fair. The owners own the team. They have an absolute right to hire anyone they want. 

I can go on and on about how life isnt fair. Why should great looking guys get the prettiest girls? Why should the 32 year old get a job over me at 54 (ageism)? 

You cant tell anyone in America that owns a business who to hire. All this this does is create division. We can agree to disagree

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I agree with almost everything, but I firmly believe that there is indeed systemic racism in the NFL and it emanates from the ownership group.

It seems that our opinions only differ on the amount of systemic racism in the NFL. We both agree that it needs to be addressed and fixed.