Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

Just now, JTJet said:

Oddly I've never been to Naples nor Tuscany. 

My 3 years or so in Florida revolved around Orlando, Miami/Ft Laud, and a little Tampa.

I would challenge you a bit on the NYC pizza. I love it, but Chicago, Detroit, and Indianapolis being a distant 4th have extremely good scenes as well. 

I remember being in Detroit opening up a restaurant off of Woodward Blvd and I went out to buy the staff pizza at a place called Sgt Pepperonis in a bowling alley called Magic Stick bowling. That pizza made me jizz in my pantaloons. 

I stand corrected on Chicago.  I forgot that Chicago pizza, although much thicker crust in general, is quite good. I plead ignorance on Indy and Detroit.   I like NYC pizza better than anywhere I've ever been except Naples and Tuscany.  (Better than Rome!)

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

I understand. I exaggerated. 

The subtleness is what it is. 

Problem is life is not fair. The owners own the team. They have an absolute right to hire anyone they want. 

I can go on and on about how life isnt fair. Why should great looking guys get the prettiest girls? Why should the 32 year old get a job over me at 54 (ageism)? 

You cant tell anyone in America that owns a business who to hire. All this this does is create division. We can agree to disagree

So if the owners only hire white people, that doesn't create division? 

Just now, Matt39 said:

The owners hire and pay every single person within the franchise. 

So if the owners only hire white head coaches that doesn't create division?

You do realize that everything the dude I quoted said was an argument for segregation, right? And denying civil rights?

Just now, Tranquilo said:

So if the owners only hire white people, that doesn't create division? 

They dont ONLY hire white people. Black folks get hired too. Years ago there were hardly any black quarterbacks. Now there are tons. 

The thing you miss out on is it is THEIR team. They are the owners. Thats the bottom line.

Change takes time. and change is happening right now

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The issue for white folks, if I may, is that they feel that people like you...... that agree with this lawsuit..... think that GMs take off their cowboy hats and groan before a black candidate walks through the door. They smile, yack it up and say goodbye and then put on their KKK hoods and meet their rich white buddies at the lodge to watch minstral shows

Absurd. It really doesn’t need to be that overt. 

• Upvote 1

They dont ONLY hire white people. Black folks get hired too. Years ago there were hardly any black quarterbacks. Now there are tons. 

The thing you miss out on is it is THEIR team. They are the owners. Thats the bottom line.

Change takes time. and change is happening right now

So you think there should be change even though owners should do what they want?

58 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

If they have valid proof, they will get whatever they want

What is "corroborating evidence"? Does it mean additional evidence which supports direct evidence? Which I don't believe exists, although I do believe the offer was made. To be paid in future contract money disguised as some other incentive.

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So you think there should be change even though owners should do what they want?

Yes it will be ownership generations after today.

What they are doing is not illegal or immoral. They are hiring who they think will be the best candidate 

3 hours ago, Jet25 said:

I see no racism in this whatsoever at all. The Giants interviewed Bills DC Leslie Frazier twice who is Black and I think another Black candidate. Flores is reaching and most likely just ruined his career because of it. Obviously Bill Belichick made a mistake texting the wrong Brian. Belichick mentions that he heard from BILLS and the Giants that you got the job. Flores has nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills organization so it clearly was a mistake by Belichick.

Doesn’t an interview typically imply the job is still open?  

You might have a leading candidate before all interviews are locked up but in the ‘spirit’ of the Rooney rule, all African American candidates should have an equal opportunity to earn the job even if the GM might have a preferred candidate via a prior working relationship.  

At the very least, this is horrible process by the Giants for somehow internally naming the guy before all interviews were complete.  And it seems to show that they were only following the ‘letter’ of the rule (interview) rather than the equal opportunity ‘spirit’.

Im sure other teams have done so as well which is why there are broader cries of systemic bias or racism.  Not KKK racism but systemic racism or lack of equal opportunity afforded to blacks.

Giants are just worse because they were foolish to let the cat out of the bag before an equal opportunity interview took place.  

BTW, I have no idea if they violated the law but they will be crucified in the court of public opinion about systemic racism, fair or not.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He absolutely is one of the most powerful men in the world.

image.png.dd6a8f850565e5495ae8ad2fe5a6f3b5.png

Is he 100% owner or just majority owner?  If just a majority, Maybe there is an entity among the other owners that could/would buy him out.  

Just now, Dcat said:

I stand corrected on Chicago.  I forgot that Chicago pizza, although much thicker crust in general, is quite good. I plead ignorance on Indy and Detroit.   I like NYC pizza better than anywhere I've ever been except Naples and Tuscany.  (Better than Rome!)

Indy is an extreme dark horse for the pizza scene. It has this weird eclectic mix of different styles from NYC/Chicago/Detroit etc. 

Jockamos is a local fav, they even let local artists display and sell their art on all the walls. You can literally just buy the art that's posted over your table when you pay your bill. 

20210721_142059.thumb.jpg.575bc6c20660d6da39922bb950822445.jpgIMG_20151004_140935283_HDR.thumb.jpg.f42d443691975d074d091272a136627f.jpg2019-02-26.jpg.eb19a5e3e2c643935eea8fc9ae7ab83d.jpg

26 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I bet they’ve got it.  Flores and Ross deserve each other.  

ESPN is making Flores out to be a cross between Vince Lombardi, Ghandi and Jesus Christ. This is where I roll my eyes at this stiff.  They did the same thing woth Watson last year. Houston was even, Houston  was racist, deahaun is the best guy ever and a victim.  Give me a break.  I cannot listen to ESPN on this topic.   Their narrative is so ridiculous ilium.  At least this lawsuit can maybe get it outbid the open that these quota based policies are so counter productive.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The good news to all of this is, once we have a draft lottery in the NFL, we won't have to hear bitching endlessly about winning meaningless games in December anymore. 

It can't happen soon enough and should have been done a decade ago.

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Except for Naples and anywhere in Tuscany, there is no pizza better than NYC pizza. Not even CT or NJ.  The further west you go, the worse it is with just a little recovery in California.

I would disagree with this slightly (I've been to Naples and Tuscany many times) but the neopolitan pizza movement is moving into NJ--I LOVE NYC pizza, worked in Manhattan for 25 years, lived in Brooklyn for a few, but Razza and Porto in Jersey City is as good as any neopolitan pizza you can get in NYC.  The big NY style pizza, yes would agree--it's best in NYC.

Chicago Pizza....do I need to post the jon Stewart rant AGAIN? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AlexVanDyke said:

ESPN is making Flores out to be a cross between Vince Lombardi, Ghandi and Jesus Christ. This is where I roll my eyes at this stiff.  They did the same thing woth Watson last year. Houston was even, Houston  was racist, deahaun is the best guy ever and a victim.  Give me a break.  I cannot listen to ESPN on this topic.   Their narrative is so ridiculous ilium.  At least this lawsuit can maybe get it outbid the open that these quota based policies are so counter productive.

I never listen to ESPN.  They really attacked Houston for the Watson thing?  Wow.

11 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So if the owners only hire white head coaches that doesn't create division?

You do realize that everything the dude I quoted said was an argument for segregation, right? And denying civil rights?

So your beef is specifically with billionaire owners and their hiring process for HC’s. I’m glad you finally stopped beating around the bush. Getting rid of the owners doesn’t seem like a practical solution. The Rooney rule doesn’t work. I think the best way to improve this issue is mentorship and off-season programs where coordinators and position coaches are exposed to other areas of the team.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AlexVanDyke said:

agreed. It's nauseating. You can tell that the white guys are just saying what needs to be said as to not create a controversy.

It's very similar to the Salem witch trials. Someone accuses you, you are guilty. If you dare defend the accused, then you too must burn at the stake.

Its very very real

2 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

The ESPN NY radio hosts are melting down and taking everything Flores has thrown at the wall as "fact". 

Bart Scott--not the sharpest tool in the shed--just said "the fact that Ross offered to pay Flores to lose games..."

So now it's a FACT and not just an allegation thrown out in a lawsuit.

Look, if he has evidence that Ross did it, he should be forced to seel but until proven, nothing he's alleged is a "fact".

7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He absolutely is one of the most powerful men in the world.

image.png.dd6a8f850565e5495ae8ad2fe5a6f3b5.png

No. He is just a rich NFL owner with real estate around the world.

Being powerful is something altogether different, and he has virtually no impact on the larger world outside of the US. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So your beef is specifically with billionaire owners and their hiring process for HC’s. I’m glad you finally stopped beating around the bush. Getting rid of the owners doesn’t seem like a practical solution. The Rooney rule doesn’t work. I think the best way to improve this issue is mentorship and off-season programs where coordinators and position coaches are exposed to other areas of the team.

Um, yeah, I said this in like one of my first few posts on the topic before you started responding with non-sequiturs

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Doesn’t an interview typically imply the job is still open?  

Not necessarily.   The job wasn't officially taken.  I know companies who are enamored with a candidate and will say this is our guy but will continue the scheduled interviews for due diligence.  Possibly a wow factor from a candidate coming in or in case the the guy they want somehow falls through.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The good news to all of this is, once we have a draft lottery in the NFL, we won't have to hear people bitching endlessly about winning meaningless games in December anymore. 

No. They will just bitch endlessly about winning meaningless games the whole second half of the season now. 

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I would disagree with this slightly (I've been to Naples and Tuscany many times) but the neopolitan pizza movement is moving into NJ--I LOVE NYC pizza, worked in Manhattan for 25 years, lived in Brooklyn for a few, but Razza and Porto in Jersey City is as good as any neopolitan pizza you can get in NYC.  The big NY style pizza, yes would agree--it's best in NYC.

Chicago Pizza....do I need to post the jon Stewart rant AGAIN? 

No such thing as bad pizza, but the standard NYC football pizza is significantly better than Neapolitan. 

OK I am dont talking about race. Tranquillo, you should be too. It's just going to fans the flames and someone will say something stupid and then its locked

Lets focus on the merits of the case and any juicy happenings. I hope there is proof this would be great

3 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Lol 

I hear you. I felt this way about an exam for my profession and how latinos don't fare well on it because it's geared towards white people (lingo, culture relevancy, etc). But things are geared towards white people. This country was created for white people. That's a fact. So when I see something like this with Brian Flores, I just look at the evidence. And the way the league it set up, it checks out. 

The way I look at it is that most people, especially white owners, have a circle of friends, relationships and acquaintances, who are white. Their connections are mostly white. The people they know are mostly white. So racist or not, their go to demographic for open positions will be white. That's just how it is. And the result is qualified black coaches getting passed over OR white guys getting hired before a black coach has a chance at the job. That's a real issue. 

@Matt39

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Um, yeah, I said this in like one of my first few posts on the topic before you started responding with non-sequiturs

Because you’ve been vague  on making your point. Position coaches getting jobs dowsnt seem to be the issue. How does the NFL do a better job of promoting minorities from within without getting rid of the owners?

OK I am dont talking about race. Tranquillo, you should be too. It's just going to fans the flames and someone will say something stupid and then its locked

Lets focus on the merits of the case and any juicy happenings. I hope there is proof this would be great

I'm chillin