Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

Just now, Matt39 said:

Because you’ve done a terrible job on making your point. Position coaches getting jobs dowsnt seem to be the issue. How does the NFL do a better job of promoting minorities from within without getting rid of the owners?

I quoted it for you. I'm tired. Believe what you want.

37 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Literally one of the first posts I made about this was about how the relationships most white owners have is with white people. But that doesn't make the issue any better. It's still systemic racism. If you can fall back on "he's my friend," how will anyone ever be able to change anything?

I’ll break some news to you…

White people typically keep the company of other white people. Black people typically keep the company of other black people. Hispanics typically keep the company of other Hispanics. Asians typically keep the company of other Asians.

It’s not “racism”.

Humans are tribal by nature. Why this is so hard for so many to grasp, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The ESPN NY radio hosts are melting down and taking everything Flores has thrown at the wall as "fact". 

Bart Scott--not the sharpest tool in the shed--just said "the fact that Ross offered to pay Flores to lose games..."

So now it's a FACT and not just an allegation thrown out in a lawsuit.

Look, if he has evidence that Ross did it, he should be forced to seel but until proven, nothing he's alleged is a "fact".

It’s really disgusting to listen to 

Just now, BallinPB said:

Not necessarily.   The job wasn't officially taken.  I know companies who are enamored with a candidate and will say this is our guy but will continue the scheduled interviews for due diligence.  Possibly a wow factor from a candidate coming in or in case the the guy they want somehow falls through.  

Back when I was hiring, I discussed all the candidates as they came in with my sub managers and my boss.  Of course we had our favorites.  But the policy we had was to continue interviewing until an offer was accepted because we had no way of knowing whether the offer would be accepted or whether there had to be further meetings.  We didn't stop interviewing until an offer was accepted and the terms were finalized.  It was very annoying conducting interviews when the person I wanted was still mulling over her/his offer.  It felt dirty and disingenuous to the candidate(s) that came after.    But that was my company's policy.  

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

agreed. It's nauseating. You can tell that the white guys are just saying what needs to be said as to not create a controversy.

Alan Hahn is going completely mental and fashioning himself as the champion of the oppressed.  

Same with DePietro and Rothenberg. LaGreca to a lesser extent but still pitching it but Michael Kay seems to be the only one taking a measured approach.   

Just now, Untouchable said:

White people typically keep the company of other white people. Black people typically keep the company of other black people. Hispanics typically keep the company of other Hispanics. Asians typically keep the company of other Asians.

It’s not “racism”.

Humans are tribal by nature. Why this is so hard for so many to grasp, I have no idea.

Unless you're rich.  Then they don't care what color you are as long as you can afford to be in the club. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s not “racism”.

Because these are positions of power, and it's through positions of power that systemic racism perpetuates. If that's your excuse for what's happening, how would any progress in power positions ever be made? Last I checked, white people owned everything for a pretty long time.

How this is so hard for you to grasp, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I would disagree with this slightly (I've been to Naples and Tuscany many times) but the neopolitan pizza movement is moving into NJ--I LOVE NYC pizza, worked in Manhattan for 25 years, lived in Brooklyn for a few, but Razza and Porto in Jersey City is as good as any neopolitan pizza you can get in NYC.  The big NY style pizza, yes would agree--it's best in NYC.

Chicago Pizza....do I need to post the jon Stewart rant AGAIN? 

Chicago "Pizza":  An Italian Sausage Biscuit buried under uncooked sauce and 8 pounds of cheese.

(I do like it tho, lol, just not like Pizza).

Give me a Sicilian Pizza from select Long Island locations every day, and twice on Sunday.

Just now, Untouchable said:

It’s not “racism”.

Hey we kept getting beaten over the head that the league is 70%black.  Should whites be upset at this?  Of course I’m kidding and do not think this is an societal problem  but if you use all the arguments the left uses on this topic, yes whites should in fact be upset. Equity of outcomes right?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No such thing as bad pizza, but the standard NYC football pizza is significantly better than Neapolitan. 

Different foods really--like comparing lasagna and baked ziti (I only use rigatoni--ziti is the most worthless pasta shape ever).  

Just now, Dcat said:

Back when I was hiring, I discussed all the candidates as they came in with my sub managers and my boss.  Of course we had our favorites.  But the policy we had was to continue interviewing until an offer was accepted because we had no way of knowing whether the offer would be accepted or whether there had to be further meetings.  We didn't stop interviewing until an offer was accepted and the terms were finalized.  It was very annoying conducting interviews when the person I wanted was still mulling over her/his offer.  It felt dirty and disingenuous to the candidate(s) that came after.    But that was my company's policy.  

It might be a little disingenuous I guess you can say but it's good business practice.  All in all I don't see a problem with them interviewing Flores even if they had the intention of hiring Daboll because there's wasn't an agreement in place.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Hey we kept getting beaten over the head that the league is 70%black.  Should whites be upset at this?  Of course I’m kidding and do not think this is an societal problem  but if you use all the arguments the left uses on this topic, yes whites should in fact be upset. Equity of outcomes right?

It's easy to measure metrics on the field. How do you measure leadership positions?

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It can't happen soon enough and should have been done a decade ago.

Eh, I have mixed feelings. 

I think most teams that have gotten the first pick in the draft have been the worst team. Of course, there have been exceptions and no system is perfect, but the downside to a lottery is that you will have years where a 7 win team that is close to being good ends up with the first pick - this really isn't the best thing for competitive balance, IMO. 

Having said that, you obviously have to de-incentivize organizational tanking if it's happening on a regular basis, so I get it. 

Just now, Dcat said:

Also Daboll could've pulled a McDaniels and said NEVERMIND!  You never know.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is standard. Was getting some dudes here jumping all the way out the window over standard (and probably silly) HR procedure. 

And then there’s the other side of the coin where a job is posted for like a day and only the internal candidate is interviewed. Happens all the time too, while the outside person who goes through the endless hiring portal to submit a cover letter/resume for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Chicago "Pizza":  An Italian Sausage Biscuit buried under uncooked sauce and 8 pounds of cheese.

Give me a Sicilian Pizza from select Long Island locations every day, and twice on Sunday.

exactly.  I like the chicago pizza "cake", but my choice is still local.  But I prefer the thin crust, so I rarely order Sicilian.       But I married one.   :)

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Umberto's in New Hyde park, Vincent's in Albertson my 2 favorite sicilian pies.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I have mixed feelings. 

I think most teams that have gotten the first pick in the draft have been the worst team. Of course, there have been exceptions and no system is perfect, but the downside to a lottery is that you will have years where a 7 win team that is close to being good ends up with the first pick - this really isn't the best thing for competitive balance, IMO. 

Having said that, you obviously have to de-incentivize organizational tanking if it's happening on a regular basis, so I get it. 

I want it to end because I can't stand the annual tanking discussion whether it is the Jets, a rival or some team I don't care about.  The possibility must be removed.  Then the pointless discussions will end.  Remove the tank option and set up a reasonable lottery system that favors the worse teams but not to the point where it is worth tanking.

I'm not in favor of a lottery simply because I don't believe ownership/GM's have the true capability to pull it off.  Usually coaches and players won't get behind it because it reflects poorly on their future.  Case and point when the Miami Dolphins unloaded all their good players and still won 5 games.  

Then the case where you may have a horrible team trying hard to win that doesn't get one of the top picks in the next draft.  It may create a perpetual cycle of terrible teams.   

7 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I'm not sure you understand the issues, much less what "the left" thinks about it, based on this post.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is standard. Was getting some dudes here jumping all the way out the window over standard (and probably silly) HR procedure. 

And then there’s the other side of the coin where a job is posted for like a day and only the internal candidate is interviewed. Happens all the time too, while the outside person who goes through the endless hiring portal to submit a cover letter/resume for no reason. 

Yeah... my company did that all the time.  Very nasty.  They even did it internally.  They'd post an opening but already knew who else in the company would get it, but still took interviews and applications from other employees.  Ugly stuff.  The HR dep't in my company were like hired assasins.  

• Upvote 2

The thing with Flores is his coaching ability.

had a losing record career record on top of his teams winning and losing streaks.

personally I thought he was ok, but the writers and talking heads down here were calling for his head and some of the Dolphins were also. Didn’t seem to have a great relationship with the players.

Teams should hire based on the most qualified applicant based on what they have planned for their franchise.

there is absolutely no place for racism anywhere. He most likely was not the most qualified candidate in those franchises minds. Take a coordinator’s position to prove yourself again. Also lose bounty sounds a bit far fetched. Flores should watch out could be a libel suit in his future 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah... my company did that all the time.  Very nasty.  They even did it internally.  They'd post an opening but already knew who else in the company would get it, but still took interviews and applications from other employees.  Ugly stuff.  The HR dep't in my company were like hired assasins.  

@Tranquilo since we are talking about organizational silos, procedure and division. If we want to take down the entire corporate landscape I’m listening

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I want it to end because I can't stand the annual tanking discussion whether it is the Jets, a rival or some team I don't care about.  The possibility must be removed.  Then the pointless discussions will end.  Remove the tank option and set up a reasonable lottery system that favors the worse teams but not to the point where it is worth tanking.

I hear you, but this is very hard to do without hurting competitive balance. The NBA has this problem. You've had years where historically bad teams don't get the top pick. 

I will be glad for the tanking discussions to end, though. 

Also, the "NFL draft lottery" should be a fun night. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Because these are positions of power, and it's through positions of power that systemic racism perpetuates. If that's your excuse for what's happening, how would any progress in power positions ever be made? Last I checked, white people owned everything for a pretty long time.

How this is so hard for you to grasp, I have no idea.

There are now 6 black GM’s in the NFL.

There have been numerous black HC’s hired in the NFL over the last 30 years.

Brian Flores was being interviewed by nearly every team with an opening at HC days after being fired. He was considered a finalist for multiple of them.

You have the President of the United States set to appoint a black female SCOTUS simply based on race and gender.

Arguing for people to be appointed to positions of power based solely on the color of their skin isn’t “progressive”. It’s pandering and racist unto itself.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

There are now 6 black GM’s in the NFL.

There have been numerous black HC’s hired in the NFL over the last 30 years.

Brian Flores was being interviewed by nearly every team with an opening at HC days after being fired. He was considered a finalist for multiple of them.

You have the President of the United States set to appoint a black female SCOTUS simply based on race and gender.

Arguing for people to be appointed to positions of power based solely on the color of their skin isn’t “progressive”. It’s pandering and racist unto itself.

Hahah you think people being appointed solely on the color of their skin is just happening now? The reason you just notice it now is because black people are getting more positions. Reagan and Trump ran on getting white women on the SC. But let me break it to you…white people have gotten advantages for being white! Sounds crazy, I know!

and I hope you realize that the reason black coaches have been hired is because owners are now forced to look at them (Flores getting interviewed satisfies the Rooney Rule). Otherwise, where is your progress? Oh wait, you don’t want any. 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We always knew who the job was for and the only reason to apply for it was to put a wrench in the process or not liking the person who was getting the job.

was still a risk to apply

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I know umberttos!

I lived in Bayside and had friends there around hillside Ave and the nassau border. 

I grew up on East Williston Avenue (which merges into Hillside Ave. just east of Glen Cove Road). Umberto's is great pizza but their Sicilian is off the charts.  Don't really see a lot of sicilian pies in NYC--they do more of the thin crust square pies--granddma style.

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

No. He is just a rich NFL owner with real estate around the world.

Being powerful is something altogether different, and he has virtually no impact on the larger world outside of the US. 

Do you honestly believe that a guy who has a net worth of $8,000,000,000 is not a powerful person and doesn't have an "impact on the larger world outside the of the US?" He owns a GLOBAL real estate firm. Even if it was only New York real estate, he would still be one of the most powerful people in the world. 

I cannot believe that this is even a conversation.

image.png.10fab8cd9d8c2136783cbbc261dd5e00.png

• Upvote 1